Run's House Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Run's House « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Afroamerican
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Afroamerican

Post Number: 100

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 12:38 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone seen this show on VHI.

I like it, think they seem like a pretty positive (and thank god NORMAL) Black American Family - they also have very pretty daughters.

However, I like many people have taken noticed to how Run likes to flaunt his wealth. I wouldn't have a problem with this if he were 50 cent or somebody.......

but the man's a PREACHER!

Half the shots for the show feature the family outside with cars expensive wrapped around the drive way!

And the wife's seems to be such a big liar, and bad actress. I know she's probably doing this for the sake of the shows' suscess but still I can't imagine a NORMAL preachers' wife (and first lady of a church) constantly lying about eating FOOD!!!

Edenson
Regular Poster
Username: Edenson

Post Number: 42

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 02:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The show is a good one. It's already been picked up for another season... To me they are a normal family. I don't think that Run shows off at all... If anything, on the show he shows how conservative he is with his money... The only time I seen a car in the drive way was for his daughter who had just graduated, and got straight As all throughout high school...

As for his wife, I dont think she's ever lied on the show. If anything she tells everyone straight up "I'm hungry." You refer to her as not being the normal preacher's wife... What is the norm anymore... She's a woman who happens to have married a preacher. They are a normal family, with regular family issues... One thing they do is stress good grades... and I like that his three oldest already are on their way to big careers. One is a model/aspiring actress, the next wants to be a fashion designer and is interning for her aunt Kimora Lee Simmons, and the third wants to be a rapper/producer...

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 907

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 05:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AfroAmerican,

I haven't seen the show.

But thanks so much for starting a new thread. :-)

Lily
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 10:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like that show! Why are you diss'n the mother like that? She's cool. I like it.

The father is flashy, but come on hes a minister yall.

Afroamerican
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Afroamerican

Post Number: 105

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 10:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not really "dissing' her I'm just COMMENTING on her behavior on the show. It seems like she's acting for the camera! If you've seen the show you'll notice how SILLY she acts in front of the camera. Like her story (following her diet) is suppose to be the COMIC RELIEF............

And again, I still don't like the idea of a minster flashing his wealthy like this..........

Just goes back to my ideas of Godliness!

Other than that I think its a great show!

Libralind2
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 279

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 07:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I loved the one when Run made the son who displayed poor sportsmanship write about it. One problem. An adult should have helped him cause the boy has problems. Why I liked it though is at least Run made the child think about his actions. Very positive.
LiLi

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com