Newport Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Newport « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2302

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NEWPORT means Gossip Thread

DIANA ROSS is dating Angelina Jolie's father--Oscar Winner JON VOIGHT.

ANGELINA JOLIE's estranged father JON VOIGHT has reportedly found love with soul diva DIANA ROSS after the odd couple were introduced by Motown founder BERRY GORDY.

Diana

The couple arrived together hand in hand at the recent Hollywood tribute to Ross' 1972 movie LADY SINGS THE BLUES and pals claim they're very much in love.

A friend maintains the movie tribute was the ideal opportunity for Voight to be introduced to Ross' children.

The pal says, "It was the first time all the kids met him together and it was obvious that he charmed them.

"At one point, when he was introduced to a family friend, one of Diana's daughters cracked, 'Jon's one of us.'"

Friends claim the couple have been fond of each other for years but didn't embark on a romance until last month (OCT05) when Gordy set them up on a

dinner date.

A source says, "Diana has been to hell and back over her booze problems and DUI (drink-driving) arrest, and he (Gordy) kept telling her that since she beat her

demons and emerged from the depths of depression, all she needed now was love.

"And I'll be damned if he didn't go out and find the perfect man for her himself."

50 Cent

Rapper 50 CENT's New Movie is a MAJOR FLOP!
CHICKEN LITTLE was #1 with $32 million

50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," the R-rated look at one man's climb from the dangerous existence of a street hustler to the charmed life of a hip-hop star, hit #4 on the box-office chart (see "50 Says He's No 'Super Actor' And Tells Em He's Not A Sucker"). If you're shocked that the man behind two multiple-platinum albums didn't hit #1 with his film debut, don't be. Though it opened Wednesday, the movie's box-office ranking depends solely on Friday to Sunday estimates. And "Get Rich," which earned $12.5 million over the weekend and a total of $18.2 million since its release, played in far fewer theaters than "Zathura" or "Derailed," averaging nearly $7,600 per screen from Friday on. (To put that in perspective, "Chicken Little" averaged nearly $8,800, while "Zathura" and "Derailed" averaged just over $4,300 and $5,200 respectively).

"Jarhead" couldn't hang onto the #2 spot this week with its $12.2 million take. Three new releases pushed the war film, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Foxx as Marines fighting in the Middle East, down to #5. Gyllenhaal stars as Anthony "Swoff" Swofford, the Marine who wrote the Gulf War-set book on which the film is based (see " 'Jarhead': Stuck In The Suck").

"Saw II," the twisted sequel to last year's "Saw," dropped from #3 to #6 with $9.4 million. Jigsaw returns to horrifying form in the feature, locking eight people in a house and informing them that the slow-acting poison they're breathing in will kill them all unless they can find a common link between them and a way out (see " 'Saw II': A Sequel With Guts?").

"The Legend of Zorro" fell from #4 to #7 with $6.6 million; "Prime" slipped from #5 to #8 with more than $3.9 million; and "Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story" slid from #6 to #9 with $3.8 million.

The Keira Knightley costume drama "Pride and Prejudice" debuted at #10 with $2.8 million, boasting the weekend's highest per-screen average with over $13,000 per screen.

Overall, ticket sales were down from the corresponding weekend last year.

Next week, look for "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and "Walk the Line" to debut on the box-office top 10. "Breakfast on Pluto," starring Cillian Murphy, opens in limited release.

Medusa
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 08:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn.

Is that Diana in that pciture?

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 873

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 08:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chile, I was waiting for someone else to say something first cuz I thought it was just me. How much was she drinking before she decided to get on the wagon??? She looks nothing like the Dianna Ross I remember. I know she's up in age.. but damn! And what's up with her teeth? She need to have them ripped out and start all over again -- ain't like she can't afford it. Maybe it's a good idea for her to write a book 'cause she looks like she has an awful lot to tell. Oh, well.. I was never a fan of hers anyway -- she's no different than any of the countless colorist black men in hollywood, past & present.

Tonya

Blaklioness
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Blaklioness

Post Number: 116

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lmao!!!

Blaklioness
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Blaklioness

Post Number: 117

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She still got that big hair though! When she dies, they gone have to make the coffin 3 feet deeper and 3 feet wider just to get that hair in it.

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh come on you guys! That's Kola being mean putting that picture to spite her for choosing yet another white brother.

Yall know whats up.

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2313

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 10:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uhn.

Where is ABM?

I thought he was back.

Lily
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 09:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SHIT!

Who picture that?

Kola you need a whoopun girl. SMH

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 778

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

damn--she looks like shyt!

Kola--and to think you were the very one telling me, "Black don't crack". Phuckin' hysterical!

LMAO!

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 776

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns, I've always heard the saying as "Good black don't crack." That might explain this picture. LOL!

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 780

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 12:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yvettep, you may be right--LOL!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 887

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll be keeping this skin DARK & THICK! To hell with all dem bleaches & peels!

..Not if I gotta end up lookin' like that!

The hair is staying natural, too, dammit! Lord knows what she looks like under that decade old weave.

I'll start keepin' up with those dentist appointments, too. Ain't drinkin' & smokin' no more! Won't try to be a Diva. Staying away from white men. I wonder what she was eatin' cuz I ain't eatin that shit no more, neither....

Guess that's what sistah girl is good for now - schoolin' niggaz!

Tonya

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 10:40 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw a Diana Ross on TV the other night on her way to some affair with her date Jon Voight, and she looked perfectly fine; just as glamourous as ever. Make-up does wonders for people and she ain't the only female celeb who looks bad without it.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 780

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 10:59 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeahbut, Cyn, she's been a diva long enough to know that under NO circumstances do you go out in public without the makeup...

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha-Ha. I guess you have the good taste not to read the National Enquirer where they have a regular feature showing celebs going about their normal routines out in public without make-up on, all looking awful. Someone else,( besides Oprah), who really looks bad without make-up is one of Hollywood's "golden girls" Cameron Diaz. She has acne all over her cheeks. And I don't even know why I'm defending Diana Ross because I've never been a fan of hers. LOL

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 781

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I don't even know why I'm defending Diana Ross

I unnerstan, Cyn. In a decade or so you'll be her age and hope to receive a little respect LOLOL

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 01:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's the second time you've outed me, Yvette! Now the whole world knows I'm a Diana Ross disciple with a hankering for young rappers! Oh me.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com