Warner Brothers' banned Beyonce from... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Warner Brothers' banned Beyonce from Superman? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Afroamerican
Veteran Poster
Username: Afroamerican

Post Number: 74

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 01:41 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm just hearing this!

Supposely Beyonce has been prevented from playing Lois Lane in the up comming Superman movie because she is "African-American" and many White people had a fit about the "ethnicity miscast".(I am certain that she does have the Pink Panther deal down though- seen the pictures).

http://www.petitiononline.com/super004/petition.html

I find this amusing! Considering all the "races" and "ethnicities" White people cast themselves as. How many movies have we seen White Americans in Black wigs playing Native Americans, or in Black face playing Afro-Americans in Blackface or passing as "White"? How many times has a White woman played Cleopatra or Aladdin or dozens other Arab characters?

I do not believe a second this petition is about Beyonce's age and in experience. The piont is that White people are INSULTED at having other races of women "represent them".

Most people are like this besides Blacks it seems!

I remember the movie Selena and the big contraversy it caused when Jennifer Hopez was casted as the Mexican-American singer. People of Mexican descent everywhere were outraged. They didnt' care that J.ho was "latina" like them. The piont was she was not Mexican -Puerto Ricans and many other Hispanics look "down" on mexicans quite often)- so to take the role of a "Mexican" when it was convienent was insulting! They felt they could have found a just as worthy actress amongst the millions of Mexican descented Selena followers!

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2224

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 02:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And don't forget that AFRICAN WOMEN boycotted the film "Hotel Rwanda"....and that mulatto black women are consistently cast in otherwise All-African casts, because....black women are not allowed to play "attractive" black women. This goes on in American films, too. For instance the "black latinas" being cast as regular black girls in films like "Drumline".

Halle Berry is going to play "FOXY BROWN" and "Nefertiti". She, too, being all wrong for both parts--because "beauty" alone is not enough to bring those characters to life and she doesn't have the flavor. Halle is not sexy, and for the Nefertiti role, her looks are too all American.

On the other hand...

...I LOVE the "Superman" franchise and I would not support a film with Beyonce as Lois Lane, either.

She can't act. And I certainly do see Lois Lane as a white woman. I loved Margot Kidder in the role, because of her voice.

"The Pink Panther" movie is so bad that it's going straight to video (you haven't heard?).

"Superman" has been around for half a century. I think it's unfair to us fans to suddenly make one of the main white characters black.

Beyonce is starring in the film "Dreamgirls"----but I predict that Fantasia is going to steal the movie from her. Especially after Denzel Washington directed her screen tests himself---and Jaime Foxx (the film's co-star) recently made a very public plea for her to be cast as Effie White--after he'd seen the screen tests.

I think whoever is handling Beyonce's movie career, is totally screwing up.

She should not be cast in films where she's going to be upstaged.

Afroamerican
AALBC .com Platinum Poster

Post Number: 77

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I must admit at first seeing Christina Milian AND Zoe Zalanda playing "African-American" women did not bother me! They were brown skinned (with noticable African features) and even a rather GOOD "change for the better" from the normal light skinned female/dark skinned male movie theme American films normally have.

However, as I've read more into this and noticed what kind of hell other communites raised like the Mexican-Americans did for the Selena movie I realize just how WRONG this is.

Of course it won't stop until Afro-American women demand Afro-American actress be cast in Afro-American movies!IT SHOULD NEVER BE A QUESTION OF If THE WOMAN "LOOKS" AA OR NOT (the "New standard" is that she HAS TO BE OF THAT BACKGROUND)! I was sitting down thinking about this the other day! Mexican-American Jessica Alba was allowed to be AA (wasn't she?) in Honey! Thandie Newton is AA in Beloved! Carmen Ejogo (nigerian/british) has played/stole just about every Afro-American female role available. She's played everyone from Coretta Scott King to Sally Hemmings! And as previously mentioned "Latinas" Zoe Solanda and Christina M. are allowed to play "Black Americans" when ever it suits them TOO. I could go on and on with a million examples. Black American women don't just have White women's Mulatto children playing them they have African mulattos, Hispanics, Arabs, and even Whites "representing them" (in female form of course).

This is why I preach about the dangers of "including" everybody because they "Look like you". But because "African-Americans" don't have the STRONG CULTURE/ETHNICITY standards that Mexican Americans do, we will never raise a fuss about non-AA's in our movies. All we seem to ask is that the actress be "of African descent"............(roll eyes). And even now, increasingly, women like Jessica Alba who won't claim a lick of Black blood, can play our roles on the account of being a "women of color". lol

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 764

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

***The piont is that White people are INSULTED at having other races of women "represent them". Most people are like this besides Blacks it seems!***

Exactly, Afroamerican. I don't blame them (white women). We SERIOUSLY need to take a page fom their book.

Kola,

Beyonce is starring in the film "Dreamgirls"----but I predict that Fantasia is going to steal the movie from her. Especially after Denzel Washington directed her screen tests himself---and Jaime Foxx (the film's co-star) recently made a very public plea for her to be cast as Effie White--after he'd seen the screen tests.

Please explain. Are you saying that both Denzel and Jammie are backing Fantasia for the movie? Can she act?

By the way, I've never seen Beyounce act, but I'm a huge fan of her musical talents. "Surviver" was one of my favorite songs. I have many criticisms about her representing black women, but I think she's an extremely talented musical performer and she seems like a nice girl. That said, I hope you're correct about your prediction! (Fingers crossed!)

Tonya

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 797

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Tonya.

Denzel directed all 3 of Fantasia's screen test and has offered to do a cameo in the movie if she is cast.

And here's what Jaime Foxx had to say:

FOXX wants Fantasia!

Associated Press

*"I think if Fantasia does it, it's outta here," Jamie Foxx says, mulling the prospect of the “American Idol” winner portraying the role of Effie White in the upcoming film adaptation of “Dreamgirls.”

Following his Academy Award win for “Ray,” Foxx admits that he was reluctant to do the small film when offered a part months ago. But things changed once he found out that Eddie Murphy and Beyonce would be his co-stars.

"At first I wasn't going to do it," Foxx admits. "They didn't know what was going on. Then I was like, 'I wanna do it.' Then I found out Eddie Murphy was doing it and Beyonce was doing it and I said, 'C'mon man. I have got to get that. Save me a dollar man, because that's going to be outstanding."

Foxx finally signed on several weeks ago to play Curtis Taylor Jr., the manager who leads a female singing group, The Dreamettes, to fame and fortune. Loosely based on the story of Diana Ross and the Supremes, Beyonce will play Deena Jones, the Ross-esque lead singer who eventually leaves the group to pursue superstardom. Anika Noni Rose, a 2004 Tony winner for the play “Caroline and Change,” will portray Dreamettes member Lorrell Robinson, while Eddie Murphy suits up as James Thunder Early, a superstar performer who hires the Dreamettes as backup singers. And if Foxx had anything to say about it, Fantasia Barrino would round out the cast as Effie, the role made famous on Broadway by Jennifer Holiday.

"If Fantasia does the movie it's completely in the stratosphere. It's nuts," Foxx told reporters last weekend during interviews for his upcoming film, “Jarhead.”

“Chicago” helmer Bill Condon will direct "Dreamgirls," due in theaters next year. "Jarhead," based on Anthony Swofford's best-selling memoir, will be in theaters on Nov. 4.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 798

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh really, AFROAMERICAN

so when will THESE black women

ever be "included"??

ba

bb

blk

blk

blk

You talked all that crap---but you're still so BLIND.

You're trying to tell me that Zoe Saldana is dark ENOUGH.

But why can't these BLACK beauties, of who there is no question of their blackness---ever be cast as Black Women??

Why can't they ever REPRESENT themselves?

You Black American men are really the enemy of black women---because you're supremely COLORSTRUCK and you don't even know it

....and I'm tired of making excuses for you, just because I love you.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 742

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gorgeous women. Reminds me of a time I was teaching preschool. I got sick of the images the other teachers had put up on the walls. One day I brought in a picture I had cut out from a magazine of a dark-skinned African woman, full lips, broad nose, chisseled cheekbones, long neck, smooth head.

I put the picture up on the wall without preamble or comment. The other teachers were most uncomfortable, tho no one said anything to me about it. OTOH, the kids *loved* that image. They would just walk up to it at odd moments of the day, look at it quietly (almost somberly) for a while, and go back and play. I used to laugh to myself--It looked as if they were *worshiping* her or something! LOL

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 300

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL.. after 70 years, I think Clark's lover might as well stay white.. it's not a racist thing, it's a fair thing.

Beyonce may be "light skinned" and may represent black theater, but she is not white... what da hell is she thinking trying to even play a white woman?

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 743

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 03:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As for Ms. B--I'm sorry, the Austin Powers movie she was in was just painful to watch, her acting was so horrible.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 162

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 04:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen, I would probably agree with you if the reverse were also true, but it's not, hence it's unfair.

Hell, in the 60's, WHITE men even played OTHELLO!

Afroamerican

Post Number: 82

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 04:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lol.

kola 2 things!

I AM NOT A MAN! I am female.

Secondly I never said Zoe Solanda was "dark". I only mentioned how "relieved" that a "Normal" brown skinned woman was cast and NOT the usual type of actress like Jennifer Freeman (basically the whitiest looking woman with SOME African features)- SHE WAS NOT cast!

Do you see the difference in that? The difference between casting Freddie Washington vs. Sanaa Latham vs. Whoopi Goldberg!

http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/rebeccastjames/fredi.html

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.reelmoviecritic.com/20036q/3d7 dd260.png&imgrefurl=http://www.reelmoviecritic.com/20036q/id1928.htm&h=550&w=733 &sz=163&tbnid=DEEa3tVdImEJ:&tbnh=104&tbnw=139&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3D% 2Bsanaa%2Blathan%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

http://www.planetout.com/images/entertainment/starstruck/goldberg.jpg

I was simply RELIEVED (at FIRST) that the girl cast was brown skinned, probably the BEST representative of Black American women!................however I later went on to say, that AA women should quite frankly BOYCOTT any woman that is not "African-American" being cast in OUR roles! No excuses about ALL the women being "of African descent.....".

Also yes I do believe Kenya Moore (and her color) should be represented more! Yes, yes, yes. I think Kenya Moore is hands down one of the beautifulest women I've ever seen (not being gay).

At the same time I think MOST of the AA female roles should go to women that LOOK LIKE (AND "AFRICAN-AMERICAN") Sanaa Lathan, nina Long, vicia fox etc. This who who 80% of the women on television should look like!

How can you find an argurment out of that?

Kola

Post Number: 2229

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 04:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK AfroAmerican, I apologize.

I thought you were a man.

Although now....you've messed up my crush.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 769

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 05:23 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

***Although now....you've messed up my crush.***

...ROTFLMAO!!! I mean seriously laughing my ass off!

***One day I brought in a picture I had cut out from a magazine of a dark-skinned African woman, full lips, broad nose, chisseled cheekbones, long neck, smooth head.***

Good for you, Yvette! We need more sistahs like you.

Tonya

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 815

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 06:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know Tonya!!

I've been fantasizing Yukio and AfroAmerican as being these cute, nerdy Yellow College guys and how they'd have to tie me up and "conquer me" to prove their authenticity.

LOOOOOOL :-)

I have crushes on them.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 816

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 06:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's why I'm not speaking to Yukio, anymore.

He hurt my feelings.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 301

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:38 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AfroAmerican, I thought you were a man too until you said you weren't..

I guess your sn kinda threw me away into thinkin you're a man cuz most blk men wear afro in this country, but muh bad.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 296

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 08:11 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

---"Supposely Beyonce has been prevented from playing Lois Lane in the up comming Superman movie because she is "African-American" and many White people had a fit about the "ethnicity miscast".(I am certain that she does have the Pink Panther deal down though- seen the pictures)."---

Gee... there didn't seem to be as much outrage when Micheal Clark Duncan was cast as Kingpin in "Daredevil",
....Or a black woman was cast as the Thing's blind girfriend in "The Fantastic Four",
...Or when Halle berry was cast as Catwoman (those geeks were more angry at the movie's lack of loyalty toward the DC comics storylines rather than the race of the title character.)

What makes Lois Lane so damn sacred?
I guess it's okay if we take the secondary roles or the anti-hero or villian roles, but GOD FORBID if we take the role of the heroes or hero's love interest (or whatever lois lane is). O_o

Kola

Post Number: 2236

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 01:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm on the white people's side.

Lois Lane is an ICON. She's not some throwaway character in "Fantastic Four".

I'm a SUPERMAN fan and I would not support a movie with a Black Lois Lane.

What's the purpose of that?

Why can't black people use their imaginative talents to invent their own characters and stories?

Why do we always have to be in WHITE DRAG, impersonating a white person?

Rehearsing to be white.

And then to cast a horrible actress like Beyonce.

The girl can't act!

Afroamerican

Post Number: 90

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 02:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AQ,
I normally go by AfroAmericangirl but the screen name was too long so I had to shorten it to just "afroamerican". Anyway, that's ok if you thought I was a man in cyberspace.....Just as long as you don't think I **LOOK** like a man in person. lol

Roxie,
Also I think the difference in the other characters is that Kingpin is a MAN! Beyonce would have been playing a "sexy" desirable WHITE WOMAN. lol. Likewise, White people would have had no problem with Jeffrey the Butler in Batman(always an old White guy) being played by a Black man- its not a leading/desireable role!

lois lane is!

Kola

Post Number: 2238

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 03:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With all the millions that Beyonce's high tech videos cost and the shape she's in

--why can't she create her own Super Hero and give us a new ICON?

That's what I'm doing.

Some of the people who've been on this board for a long time, know that I was asked to audition to play "STORM" in the X-MEN films when Halle Berry said she wasn't going to do it anymore.

I'm 6'3 and could have easily whipped myself into perfect shape within ONE MONTH tops and the Producers fell in love with my accent and even said to me---"Don't act...just be Kola--you're already Storm" for the screen test.

The problem was....I can't let my sons see me with Blond hair flowing from my head (which is why Thomas, their dad and all my friends, hates the character).

So now I'm developing my own Black Woman Superhero---I have Sci-Fi Channel and BET both very interested.

She's an unmarried Black American church mouse who wears glasses--buttoned up to here.

But whenever she performs a certain act (not telling), she transforms into "Volcano Woman"---an ancient ancestor of hers who was fed to a volcano god.

She's got a killer body and flowing African locs and she's got untold super powers. This sister is badder than XENA, Wonder Woman and Storm all rolled into one.

I mean....people....why can't we create our own ORIGINAL images that big-up US?

I'm sick of seeing Black people in White People DRAG....rehearsing to be white.

Blkamericanking
Username: Blkamericanking

Post Number: 92

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 03:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow Kola, that's cool you were asked to audition to play Storm in the X-Men. I had no idea you had it going on like that.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 298

Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 06:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You would've been a more convincing Storm than Halle was! :-)

Edenson
Regular Poster
Username: Edenson

Post Number: 34

Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 02:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ofcourse there is always going to be racism when it comes to casting black women in parts made for white women... thats natural, same when they cast a white women as a black person... the fact is Beyonce cant act... if you've seen her first two movies you would know that... talent is the main issue here... n trust me i love me sum beyonce... i hope she improves her acting before Dreamgirls, i know she can do it... and i would love to see Fantasia get some shine too... she is so beautiful and so nice... she really makes you feel what she is singing, so im guessing her acting has the same effect looking at her backing and all...

Kola: I think these two girls would be so good for your new character... yall tell me... they are both from top model with tyra banks...
first is yaya...
http://www.orlandotimes.dsiwebbuilder.com/3626/yaya.jpg
next is Bri...
http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/models/bre.shtml

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 301

Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 06:01 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(in response to original topic)
I just realized this: this situation is just another example of a black person getting on hands and knees to being accepted into the white man's world.

Has anyone seen that showtime movie "Good Fences" with Whoopi and danny glover? If you did, you'd get my point.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 181

Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 11:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was so BITTER when yaya didn't win!

Kola

Post Number: 2267

Posted on Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 01:57 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Edenson.

I love YaYa.

And that other girl's cute too.

But I plan on playing VOLCANO WOMAN myself, after I get a few nips and tucks (which I truly need).

Believe it or not, I can look mighty foxy myself if I'm fixed up and in shape. And after appearing in 45 very terrible Arabic films--I'm going to film that one t.v. movie as my one final hurrah before passing 40.

Metasmith
Regular Poster
Username: Metasmith

Post Number: 26

Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Those women are BEAUTIFUL. Who are they? I try not to watch the idiot box too much because there's too much unrealistic reality tv. Oxymoronic or just plain moronic. You choose.

Nevermind, I see a couple are ya-ya and bri. Dayum they're gorgeous! I hated Top Model though cuz Tyra makes my ass itch.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 457

Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 01:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ya-Ya and Bri were my ALL TIME FAVORITES. I kinda like their attitude.

They're both from New York, so that may make a difference.

I love to watch Top Model. I wanted to be a model when I was younger, but according to everyone, I was too short. 5'2". One lady told me I'd have to be at least 5'6" without shoes to even "pass" as "model-like", but even then I'd be considered short.

Serenasailor
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Serenasailor

Post Number: 277

Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 07:13 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm on the white people's side.

Lois Lane is an ICON. She's not some throwaway character in "Fantastic Four".

I'm a SUPERMAN fan and I would not support a movie with a Black Lois Lane.

What's the purpose of that?

Why can't black people use their imaginative talents to invent their own characters and stories?

Why do we always have to be in WHITE DRAG, impersonating a white person?

Rehearsing to be white.

And then to cast a horrible actress like Beyonce.

The girl can't act!

I am not. Lois Lane was a mythical character which means she was not real. That also means that anyone can play a mythical charcter. It is not the same as so a real person. Like if you were to get a white man to play MLK. But with a mthical character anyone is fair game who can play the part. Now if they were serious they would have gotten a real black actress to play Lois Lane. Not a singer. They would have gotten someone like Joy Bryant, Gabrielle Union, or Meagon Good.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Abm

Post Number: 4265

Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 08:01 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think a Black Lois Lane would be a BLAST. But I WRETCH at even the merest notion of Beyonce playing the role.

And I'm hopinglikeHELL her a$$ don't ruin the Pink Pather!

Everytime my wife sees Beyonce in the PP commercials, she just shakes her head and sighs.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 413

Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 01:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL, I'm black and on the white folks side too.

But if the world wana try playin their opposites, if it's someone's crazy idea then let it be..

Beyonce is a great singer, but she's got some ways to go in acting. She's a beautiful girl, but she needs to keep it real.

All us black people need to keep it real and decide wether we wana be white or black, cuz our whole generation will work to imitate white folks and we need to stand up for our own selves and earn respect.

BTW, how in hell did white people come up with superman, supergirl, Lois Lane, is it a true story, is it their imagination? Cuz we can sure make our own "black supergirl" it won't necessary mean we're copying because in every race lives a supergirl..

If they're going to play her in the Lois Lane role, then they need to change the nam to a black girl's name and have the white Superman be a black Superman.

And since Beyonce got a long way to go in acting, they might need to get a black girl that can act.

That girl need to get rid of that impersonation of whites... and keep it real wit dat afro and African features..

Because as an African and a black woman, I'm very proud of this dark skin and my thick afro hair and afro wig!

It's a beautiful thing ! :-). Peace out!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com