Warning: I'm in a RANTING mood... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Warning: I'm in a RANTING mood... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 265

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bear with me,I have a lot to release:

[found while browsing the web]:
--"Likewise, most scientists would probably tell you that it's not really correct to describe all sub-Saharan dark-skinned Africans and their descendents as a "race." So do you want to say that, therefore, it would be unacceptable to describe the Ku Klux Klan and other white-supremacist movements as "racist"? (How can anti-black movements be "racist," if black people aren't really a race?)..."

Shalom,
**** Weintraub"--

This quote brought up a question in my head: Why is it that some jews with an "ein" in their name constantly forget that they're white?
----------------------
Also:
I'm getting sick of History International. European history is important, asian history is important, Natie American hitory is Important. EVERY historical event in the world is important except....... Africa! Whe does Africa get the spotlight? Only uring a retrospective on the boer war or Ancient ("white") Egypt. I hate History International Channel!
-------------------------
Also:
Those snobby bastards that try to disprove your argumet by starting sentence with "Sources say..." or "all the history books say..". They blindly accept the info and never question what they read and they act like they are intelligent. If they were intelligent they would take a few minutes out of they're FRICKIN' day to think and make their own conclusion before accepting information!Heck,they'd be more intelligent if they broaden their resources and stop rejecting any alternative info! you know ,instead listen to the alternative info and stop listening to a one-sided story so thaey can make a better decision!
At least I take the time to think abou other's idea befor I respond and know I'm starting to agree with ideas that I would've been against in earlier years, plus I learn more. In this day of internet why are people still malinformed?!? God people are stupid! They're even more stupid when they act like Know-it-alls!

Okay.......I'm finished...thank you for listening (in case someone did)....I'm gonna take that nap now.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 131

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't speak for all areas of the US, but here in the South, white and Jewish people don't consider themselves the same. Southern Jews tend to, for the most part, marry blacks and other Jews.

Also, I went to school in Mississippi, and in small towns, schools were pretty much segregated even in the 1990's. There was one Jewish family in town. They went to the "black" school.

And if you really want to fight a white southerner, tell them they look Jewish.

Afroamerican
Veteran Poster
Username: Afroamerican

Post Number: 51

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 01:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmmmm........

Well I think there is a difference in the way White people interact with each other that Black people don't understand!

For example, White people consider themselves many things! Many are quite proud to be Jewish or at least partial Jewish descent, Italian descended(everyone's extra proud of Italian blood), Irish descended, and/or German descended etc,

One White person saying he's of Irish descent and another one saying I'm mixed Italian/German does not make them feel "different" or at odds with each other!

Black people on the other hand don't understand ethnic or any kind of cultural pride! Many have faced discrimination at least once in their lives so they learn to identify themselves by what others see racially! Even today if one Black person tells another one "I'm proud to be Jamician" (for example) you can bet your life they'll be other Black people around immediately to jump down their throat accusing them:

"you aren't any different from other Black people"

"we're all Black"

"Jamicians aren't different from us. I get mistaken for Jamician all the time. We all look alike"

"I consider you African too"

blah, blah,

Anyway, don't let White people fool you. Besides a few White pyschopaths White people in general consider Jews to be very much White and respect them at that! White people have no problem excepting diffrences within their "race". In fact they all seem quite proud of it. From Germans to Jews all the way down to the Russians and Austrilians(sp).

Growing up I remember a lot of White people being very proud of "looking Italian". Everyone use to boast that you could tell people with Italian blood from other nationalities (but it was no big deal-there were no inferiority complexes about someone else being "better" or "lighter"). And a girl I work with tells me all the time about her Greek hertiage! She's 1/4 Greek and swears she has Greek eyes! lol. True, looking Jewish wasn't something I heard often if ever, but nobody voiced a problem with Jews at all (I'm from North Carolina).

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 132

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 01:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems much different from Mississippi/Alabama. No one says anything about different nationalities. If you're "white", you're WHITE. Unless you're jewish. Of all of the Jews I've personally met, none will date a white girl unless she's jewish.

Here in Atlanta, people are proud to say they're Jamaican, Ghanian, Gambian, etc. Everyone except Nigerian people, it seems. Black people here (those into African heritage, at least) can even go to clothing stores and ask for something specifically from Ghana or Ivory Coast, etc.

Most of the people I've met from Nigeria, I found out LATER that they were from there. They seem to pretend that they're from Ghana or Liberia, or SOMEWHERE else.

One odd thing I've found in MS/AL: It seems that 90% of the white men I've personally met will swear that they've got Indian blood. Not so much here.

Maybe it's a MS/AL thing. People are a little backwards there. (IMO)

Afroamerican
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 52

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 02:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also, I believe the Internation History channel only shows programs that people demand or show an interest in seeing.

EVERYONE claims White blood (and to a certain extent Native American blood which is sometimes considered/categorized as Asian blood). So hearing about the various European Nationalities seem to be universal for everyone. And on top of this as I have stated earlier, Whites take great pride in being "Germans" "Italians" "Portugese" MIXED OR DESCENDED etc.

Also the industrial and technological advances that Asian countries have made over the past 50 years have amazed Whites everywhere! Even hard core racist are beginning to notice the supposed "superiority" of Asians (non-Native American ones).

Atlast, we come to Africans. Most non-African Blacks have no idea where they have ancestors from in Africa besides having them from geographical West Africa/coastline. So this cancels out their ethnic pride in various African nationalities they might pocess.
All that's left is the handful of African immigrants that come abroad-who still are very much in tune with their nationality, language, ethnic tribe etc. They are still few in number though! And even with them I find they get very offended when someone suggests they "look African" or "Ghanian" ,"Nigerian" etc. "What does an African look like" they'll ask. Or tell you something like "Africans come in all colors from light to dark! With different hair textures. Africa is very diverse, etc etc". I am constantly told that Africans don't have a "look" (unlike Italians, Jews, Greeks, etc), because Africa has more diversity than any place on earth..........So in short I find the very people that African history could be marketed at very disinterested in African history in general. And the different African nationalities do not tend to foster any kind of ethnic pride either.

Afroamerican
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 53

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 02:13 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Renata maybe!

Honestly I've never been to Mississippi or Alamba. And I never will. South Carolina is about as 'redneckish' as I can go............lol! So I'm not a real expert on really "lower South" CULTURE.

Also I think that it is Jews who are the elist not normal White people. Part of the reason the Haulocast itself happened was because Jews stuck together so much, married within their own community, helped each other out, became sucessful and the non-Jews became envious of their suscess! Some the White extremist believe that Jews are plotting to destroy them simply because they uphold their hertiage( through marriage and religion) so highly!

However, I've also read that Jews still marry non-Jews at rates of 50%. So the younger Jews are not following this old tradition of "staying with their people". And I will also bet that most of the people they are marrying are other non-Jewish Whites.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 134

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 02:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's interesting.

Perhaps you just meet the wrong people.

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2170

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 03:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, Roxie. Great thread!!!! :-)

Thank you.

Libralind2
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 235

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 12:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roxie..? "Rant on Rant on !!"
LiLi

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 266

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 09:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uh thanks guys. And to think all came was from badly mixing sinus meds. heh heh.^^'

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com