Oh, the fustration...... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Oh, the fustration...... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 261

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 09:30 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got back from another message board. After posting a message stating why Cleopatra was the most overrated queen in egyptian history and that she praised ONLY because she was a white queen ruling a black people, I was bombarded with viscious attack responses from the "I love Cleo" fans who try to discredit me by quoting anything from a book they read. some even resorted to unnessecary name-calling. I mention the triumphs of queens Hapshetsut, Amanitore, and even Nzinga ,that Cleopatra has never accomplished, but they kept defending to their little greek queen..... [uuuuuugh!]

everyone,especially Kola,
How do YOU deal with those who think they are intellectuals but are really mouthpieces for propaganda?

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Chrishayden

Post Number: 1545

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 01:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I feel that I they are open to education I will take the time and recommend some resources to read, etc.

If I feel that they have an agenda and they don't want to hear the truth or they know the truth and choose to ignore it I stay away from them.

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2167

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, first of ROXIE---she wasn't WHITE. She was mixed race and she was not Greek, either.

And the Southern Greeks were not even WHITE back in those days.

But I stick to my guns when people don't agree with me.

White Media has chosen the very worst African rulers---The Moors, Cleopatra---to highlight and promote for a reason.

Americans of all colors are White Supremacists and they believe what the White historian tells them.

Just as you believe that Cleopatra being was white and greek.

Event the Queens YOU mentioned are the same ones that Whites have embraced.

How about Yaa Asanta (Ghana) or TinkaTekur II (Gambia)....both who killed white men during their wars against the slave trade...and BOTH who are YOUR ancestors.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 265

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 04:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Then even though there's more colored people than white people in the world, white suprimacy easily outnumber the colored; because won't nobody accept that they black.. allot of folks wana be white -- and including some hispanics embrace white society and white ways...

And saying this because some hispanics get very offended when they're called Mexican --

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 262

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 07:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,
Those three queens were the only ones I could remember by heart. You've known this history for some time, but I'm JUST becoming aware of it. I'm still in the learning process,please bear with me here. So while I am, can you recommend any informational resources?:-)

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 133

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 02:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Africanqueen, there's also a lot of INTRAracial racism as well.

El Salvadorans, Nicaraguans, and Guatemalans hate being called Mexican, for instance, because they so dislike them.

Pakistanis hate being called Indian, and vice versa.

Maybe those hispanics weren't Mexican.

It's almost kind of like African Americans who say their being African AMerican is different than being an African.

Just something to think about.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 271

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 12:09 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the pinpoint Renata.

Yeah, maybe these hispanics aren't Mexican:-). And it's good to know someone else other than Africans go through this same shit, lol.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 272

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 12:15 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africans and AAs together I meant to say... I keep forgetting that AAs aren't Africans sometimes!

Dictionary definition of AAs: A Black American of African ancestry. See Usage Note at black.

black----- ( P ) Pronunciation Key (blk)
adj. black·er, black·est
Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively little light and having no predominant hue.
Having little or no light: a black, moonless night.
often Black
Of or belonging to a racial group having brown to black skin, especially one of African origin: the Black population of South Africa.
Of or belonging to an American ethnic group descended from African peoples having dark skin; African-American.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 267

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 06:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is my personal definition:

African American/American Black (noun):

"An American of African ancestry who is both raised within a society that is based on an african cultural sructure and, as a result of that up bringing, responds to the larger society based in accordance to that cultural interpretation."

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 276

Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 01:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love your definition Roxie :-).

Libralind2
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 249

Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 06:38 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Me too Roxie
LiLi

Asherah
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola: "White Media has chosen the very worst African rulers---The Moors, Cleopatra---to highlight and promote for a reason."

Hi Kola,

I know you don't like Kleopatra, since I read somewhere else that you think she introduced the interracial marriage law because you believe she hated Blacks and wanted to whitewash the Egyptian people in this way.

I don't believe she made this law for that reason.
Nobody knows for sure why exactly she introduced this law, so I think it's a bit premature to claim that she was a racist without question.

Here's another explanation that I think matches her personality better(in contrast of how the media usually portrays her (more because they are incapable to believe that women can be strong and kind rulers, they can only think of her as a bitch. As for the rest, since she was considered strong and beautiful, white media did like to think as her as White):
Kleopatra might very well have wanted to marry Black egyptians with Arab Egyptians, because she knew that naturally people identify themselves with their race/tribe,..and are likely to waste their energy in hostility towards "the other race/tribe", but because all of them were her people and the real enemy was OUTSIDE Egypt, it was important for the Egyptian people to stand strong against the outside world(which was very necessary for Egypt at that time), and for a people to stand strong against the enemy, it's important that they form a UNITY, instead of being divided. So making Blacks and Whites family from each other, through he interracial marriage law, was the best way to take away any hostility towards each other, so they could feel literally UNITED as a people and phocus their attention on the outer world when the time was there they would get attacked, they had to be ready for it.

About Kleopatra's race: I think she looked Arab: too dark to be White and too White to be Black. She was from Greek descendant but her grandmother was a mixture of races with Persian blood in her and her parents were brother and sister, (I'm not sure if they were half-or full brother and sister, but I think they had the same mother)

Kola

Post Number: 2216

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 05:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But she didn't marry Blacks to "Arab" Egyptians, Ashera.

The Arab Invaders came much later.

She made it LAW that Blacks had to marry "ROMANS", "GREEKS" and The Sea People (a mixture of different white tribes, ie. Cretians)----and she was 14 years old and her lover, CESAR, who had conquered her and Egypt, was older than 50 years old.

Cleopatra was appointed Queen at 12 years old.

Her laws were made at the behest of CESAR, to help him in ruling EGYPT and separating the Egyptians from their mother--Nubia.

And I agree with you about CLeopatra's LOOKS.

She was a mixed race Queen...but let's also not forget that in ancient times, the GREEKS were not White, a great number of them were darker than the Egyptians---and the PERSIANS were always purchasing Black Women to mate with.

Kola

Post Number: 2217

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 05:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And the original people of Sicily and Southern Italy were also black.

Asherah
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:29 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well obviously you have your information from another source, because most sources tell different things about her, for instance that she ruled from age 17/18 and started her romance with Caesar at age 21 or something while he was in his fifties..of course I will not try to convince you with this since it's no use anyway, but I'm not convinced of your explanation either :p

Kola

Post Number: 2227

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 02:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You need to consult a Historical Scholar.

Cleopatra was appointed Queen at age 12.

Taken by Cesar to ROME at 14.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 167

Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 04:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's hardly likely that at her age she wasn't under the impression of her older lover (who wanted to rule the world).

Young, impressionable, immature, inexperienced girl who's the ruler of what may have been considered unconquerable land? And she's in love with you?

OF COURSE Cesar found that irresistable!

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 302

Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 06:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

[from asherah:]--"because most sources tell ...."---

UUUUAAAAGGGHH! This is a PERFECT example of my point in my original post! Trusting the outright "facts" when a more clever person knows that the real truth is usually obscured from the public.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com