Little Black Girl Says Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Little Black Girl Says « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2131

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 12:39 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A first grade teacher explains to her class that
she is an American.She asks her students to raise their hands if they were American too. Not really knowing why but wanting to be like their teacher,their hands explode into the air like flashy fireworks. There is, however,
one exception .

A girl named Gladness has not gone along
with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she
has decided to be different."Because I am not an American" replied Gladness. "Then" , asks the teacher." What are you? "

"I m a proud African, " boasts the little
girl.The teacher is a little perturbed now, her
face lightly red. She asks Gladness why she is an
African. "Well, my mom and dad are Africans, so Im
an African too". The teacher is now angry. "That's no
reason!" she says loudly "if your mom was an
idiot,and your dad was an idiot,what would you be then? A pause, and a smile ."Then" says Gladness, "I'd be an
American."

People send me things. This was from Nehanda Sankofa Ra in Los Angeles

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 01:36 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:-) Loooove it!

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 226

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
WAY TO GO LITTLE ONE!:-) :-)

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 227

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 11:48 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

God, If only *I* had the strengh to stand up to my teachers at that age. But most black ppl were still living a lie in the 80's.
Oh well.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 250

Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 11:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL,

This little girl is smart:-) and the great thing about being an African is that you can be born anywhere and still be citizen of your country. You can even become president if you meet all qualifications.... in my opinion.

nwanaija
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 08:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are right Africanqueen

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com