Kola Boof Checking Back IN Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Kola Boof Checking Back IN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2119

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 12:51 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola

Hi, it's Kola.

I've been doing really bad---I miscarried another baby...yet afterwards, I named him Malcolm Trey to have something to call him when I talk to him.

I have been sad about that...and challenged by a lot of stuff all at once.

I have peeked in from time to time, but I didn't post since all I would do is depress people....and I didn't have much to say about anything topically.

Thank you, AfricanQueen, for relaying my message (albeit dramatically)....and thanks to everyone for wishing me well and sending encouragement.

I'm going to TRY to get back in gear--but I might be really slow over the next few weeks.

I do have some exciting news, though.

Our board member Sisgal has a new book coming out next week (give it 10 days to hit stores)----finally!!!---and it is SOOOOOOO good.
She's on the label that I just left.

diane

AND....my autobiography comes out Dec. 27th!!

READ THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS

Kola

Yes, I've left Door of Kush.....but I still have my autobiography coming out on Dec. 27th from that label. And it's my best book ever.

You can click here to read the first two chapters:

http://doorofkush.50megs.com/photo2.html

Kola

Post Number: 2120

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 12:53 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SPECIAL NOTE:

Some people did notice that my reading in New York City was scheduled for Sunday Oct. 9th

...the same day that the TERRORISTS were planning to bomb subways in New York.

People have asked if I think it's just a coincidence.

I have no idea and don't even want to think like that.

I should be in New York in January.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 03:25 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peace Kola,

Try to hang in there.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 585

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 04:05 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Blaklioness and welcome to the KOOL ROOM.

I don't remember you.

Libralind2
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 221

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 09:59 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kola. I am very sorry to read of your loss. Welcome back..
LiLi

Sisg
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Sisg

Post Number: 207

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Kola,

I am also sorry for your loss. You are as always, in my prayers and best wishes on your new publisher. I am sooooo glad the book will be out soon, and i thank you again for your introduction and support! I won't ever forget what you did for me! For me, i've got some other things going on as well, but will let everyone know in the near future! I hope to get out to Cali in the next year, maybe we can get together! Much love to you and yours, and the rest of you....hey !!! Support a sista and buy the book! Thanks!

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 10:40 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Thanks! It's ok..I AM new here. When I first posted, you were dealing with your loss. It's a pleasure to meet you...Peace to you.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 104

Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sorry that you lost your baby. I'm not good at giving condolences, so I'll leave it at that. I truly am sorry.

Kola

Post Number: 2123

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 07:07 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to all of you who said hello.

I'm praying to do better next year.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 221

Posted on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 08:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kola,
get rest while your body's trying to get back in gear. And , um,for safety sake, car travel looks pretty good right now! ^_^

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com