Out of the mouths of "negritos"......... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Out of the mouths of "negritos"......... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 198

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 09:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I discovered this post from the following site:
http://www.raceandhistory.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/1460

According to this poster:

"I purely understand and back your defense against these under educated and mislead Negroes. I am melanesian myself ,which is certainly Asian not Negro, and it seems I have this issue with them as well. Negrito in itself and Negroid in itself certainly doesn't mean Negro. Negrito typically is applied to the philipinoes in the Philipines and Negroid just descibe the nonblack races that have certain negro feature."

{*sigh*]It's comments like this that increase my interest in the black people of the east & pacific. Even the people that look the MOST like africans/AAs clearly make efforts to avoid association with us. You know, they can deny us all they want, but they can't escape the fact that like in our world:

*the dominant ethnic/racial group has treat(ed) them w/ the same systematic racial abuse,

*they value the community as family,

*they believe their ppl have existed since the beggining of time,

*their cultures are/have been deliberatly misrepresented through racial propaganda (if culture is acknowledged at all),

*and that they refer to themselves as "black".

If blacks are to unite this means ALL BLACKS.

Renata
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 83

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 03:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Negrito literally means in Spanish "little black(person)".

Renata
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 85

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 04:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We also have to be careful with our own racism towards others. You would be surprised with the number of Indian and Bangladeshi people who move here trying to identify with Black people (during the British occupation, they were treated as black and some even called themselves so, particularly South Indian/Bangladeshi). They refuse to date/associate with white people and all of their girlfriends/wives are either Indian or Black.

Of course, this isn't the MAJORITY of the people who feel like this, but more those who notice the similarity of their skin color to our own. (And who don't try so hard to fit into white society).

Or maybe this is just what I've experienced here in Atlanta.

My own best friend from my college days was a Japanese guy who only dated Asian, Black, and Hispanic females. He hated white people. But he said that I was the only black girl in the South who didn't treat him with racism (he was from California).

BUT, too many other people (the majority) fall into this crap that tells us ALL that whiter is righter.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 201

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 08:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahhhh, they love US. Another reason I LOVE atlanta. We have TRULY established our mecca, haven't we? :-)
BTW, In malaysia, ads featuring brad pitt were banned. the DIM made it clear why:
" Aren't our own people handsome enough? ".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/entertainment/showbiz/2582833.stm
I can respect asians who embrace themselves like Mr. Maidin and your japanese friend.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 202

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 09:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh,Forgot, the average melanesian man stands at 5'0" tall, the woman, 4'10".and they DO look like africans. So I guess when colonial powers called them "Negritos", they MEANT IT. :-)

However we all know if one of them ever immigrated to the U.S., they'd be just another negro in the eyes of whites.

Stephgirl
Newbie Poster
Username: Stephgirl

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 12:40 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is from Marsha Stewart's excellent website, Stewart Synopsis. Her essays are so dead on about how white supremacy has divide people of color as well as destroying African people for the purpose of maintaining their dominance.

Stephanie

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com