Do all black men feel this way? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Do all black men feel this way? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 291

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:40 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aapoet
First Time Poster (AR)
Username: Aapoet

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)
Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 04:52 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, let me say that this is a well written piece and a good read. Debra Dickerson is a good essayist, though I think with this piece she writes about a subject for which her own experiences donít follow what most people experience.

Black women are undesirable? The notion is so absurd that I nearly let this article pass without a response. Then I realized that this is just the kind of article that can help to feed that great want that many white people have to be superior. So, I decided to take the time.

Before I decided to write I sent the article to a number of black women that I know, just to make sure that I donít make the same mistake as Debra, and write solely from my own opinion and experience. After all, I am a black man who finds women of all races attractive, but who feels that black women are heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of physical beauty and sexual desirability. The women I wrote to, to the number, responded that Debra Dickerson "has problems", or is "completely off base", or "doesnít speak for most black women". In fact, one of the sisters I wrote to is a writer herself. She felt that Salon.com chose to publish Dickersons piece because it is more "readable" to the mainstream reader. They wouldnít, however, have published an article written by her (my friend), telling the "truth" as she has experienced it.

According to her, she has a lot of white male friends, and every time they get the chance they try to get her into bed. She tells them that she doesnít have sex with her friends, but the truth is that she is just not attracted to white men. And I have to admit, that her experience is much closer to what Iíve seen to be the truth in my life.

I went to a predominantly white university. I can say quite easily and honestly that, at least on this campus, white women threw themselves at black men. Maybe it was just the fact that it was the first time they were away from home and they wanted to do something that was taboo in their household, but it was not just a few of them. It was an everyday, reoccurring theme. Meanwhile, black women on the campus outnumbered black men by about 50%. So, many black women were lonely, and the ones who werenít often times had to put up with cheating boyfriends because the brothers really did have choices when it came to partying.

Still, even with that being the case, every weekend you would see white guys approaching sisters, and getting shot down. Sister, even the single ones, werenít interested. Now, remember, we arenít talking about white trash and hoodrats. This is a prestigious university, so these are all educated women at their prime and perkiest. So, these horny college boys would be happy to take most of the women home, even if for their own taboo experience, but the sisters werenít having it. And that probably has more to do with why there wasnít a black wedding in the film than anything else.

Had a white guy who looks like Owen Wilson, walked into black wedding looking for a quick bang, he would have left wanting. Sure, the sisters would have gotten a laugh watching him try to dance to our music. A few may have even given him a novelty dance. But you can believe that Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn wouldnít have had the time they had at these other weddings. And they know that. Had they put a scene in the film where they went to one of our weddings and sweet talked some sisters into bed, there would have been more articles screaming foul than poor Debraís.

See, as we all know, it is the woman who makes the decision about hooking up, whether it be for sex or anything else. A man may make the approach, but the woman makes the decision. Thatís why it makes me laugh when people holler about black men wanting white women. Sure, we see more mixed relationships that way than the other way around, but like I said, itís the woman that makes that decision. And quite honestly, I donít think most sisters think white men have much for them.

The times you do see sisters with white men, the man is usually very successful. That scene we often see where a white woman is with a broken down black man on the street, or is taking care of a jobless black man, we never see the other way around. Black women have too much "flavor" and are too strong to put up with someone who canít keep up AND is broke. Women usually want a man who is stronger than them, and who has the game to make her want to be touched by him.

Now I know people donít want to hear this, but itís the truth. Itís not hard to see either. Look around you. BET is such a popular channel because young white males love to see the sisters dancing around in next to nothing, and fantasize about them. Halle Berry and Beyonce Knowles are always among the list of the women they want to sleep with. (Gweneth Paltrow and Maria Sharapova are not going to be on the list of too many brothers.) The issues is that Beyonce wants a man like Jay-Z, and Halle, even with all her man problems, loves black men. So, white men go elsewhere to live out their fantasies.

Brazil has become one of the hot spots for vacationing, in large part because rich white men from Europe and America go down to take advantage of all of these brown skinned sisters with the round booties who have to sell themselves to survive. There, they wonít get turned down. There is even a documentary show on HBO about a legal brothel in Nevada that demonstrates the point. There is a sister there, who is not "all that" but who is envied because so many white guys come in there and want to be with a black women. It seems that she is always one of the most popular girls at the place. Again, the white guy doesnít get turned down there.

Anyone who believes that sisters arenít desirable has been caught up in the media assault that tries to teach us that European features are a standard for beauty. But honestly, I donít even think most white people buy it for real. After all, I live in LA and I see ads for lip injections, and butt enhancement every day. And I doubt that sisters are their clientele. And that doesnít even touch the tanning industry which is huge everywhere.

Donít get me wrong. Any man who is not trying to prove something will tell you that there are very desirable women in every race. But the idea that black women are somehow less desirable than others, to anyone, is ludicrous. I think that Debra Dickerson is simply speaking from personal issues more than from a viewpoint sheís developed by observing others.

In fact, I would surmise that itís the false standard of beauty that has Debra a bit confused. If I had to guess, Iíd say she has a lot of white friends, and she judges herself based on her what her friends say and who they like. I assume that because of the way she phrases certain things, and the fact that she actually fantasizes about Own Wilson ...lol. To me, itís similar to a white guy in a big city who hangs with a bunch of black guys and show signs of feeling unattractive and physically inferior.

Again, it was a well written article ... but donít believe the hype.

Tonya
AALBC .com Platinum Poster

Post Number: 290

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 05:20 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aepoet: Go fuck yourself -- you crack-head, ignorant ass, bastard.

Where'd you get all that shit anyway? A movie?

You lonely asswipe!

Ain't no writer-sista-friend tell you no dumb shit like that.

And if she did -- tell that crusty ass, high yellow, crack-head, whore, to go jump off a bridge after she slit her fucking throat!

Tonya

Aapoet

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 07:17 pm:

Is this the same Tonya that originally responded to this post? If so, maybe you should reread my post, because you're original post makes my point exactly. My main point is that black women are indeed desirable, but that they don't particularly desire white men. In your orignal post you say that you "can care less about the attention of white men". So, why are you so hostile about what I said?

Also, my friend is a writer and she did indeed respond the way I said. I have a lot of friends who are writers, as I am one myself. And, FYI, she is a beautiful dark brown skin sister.

I really don't understand the hostility. Are you sure you didn't misread my response? If not, please tell me why you are so upset by it?

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 292

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 08:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aapoet, I apologize for my initial response.

This is one of the things that I found offensive about your post.

Aapoet said:

Brazil has become one of the hot spots for vacationing, in large part because rich white men from Europe and America go down to take advantage of all of these brown skinned sisters with the round booties who have to sell themselves to survive. There, they wonít get turned down. There is even a documentary show on HBO about a legal brothel in Nevada that demonstrates the point. There is a sister there, who is not "all that" but who is envied because so many white guys come in there and want to be with a black women. It seems that she is always one of the most popular girls at the place. Again, the white guy doesnít get turned down there.

Tonya:

Is this suppose to somehow prove that black women are desirable?

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 642

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 04:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Is this suppose to somehow prove that black women are desirable?"-Tonya

My thoughts--exactly!
White men seeking black women for the sole purpose of sexual gratification is humiliating.

Aapoet
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 02:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My sister,

I don't at all believe that white men seeking black women for the sole purpose of sex is something of which to be proud. I understand that it is indeed humiliating and offensive, just as it is when any man uses a woman as nothing more than a sexual object. I am not condoning or glorifying that practice. But being honest, that's exactly what Debra Dickerson's article is about. And that is one of the reasons I chose to respond to it in length.

The motivation for the article is that the sister felt left out of a film about men trying to do nothing beyond having sex with the women at these weddings. They were not looking for strong women to be their partners in life. They were looking to "fuck". And quite honestly, the article didnít go much deeper than that. Debra wanted to be fuckable to these men. She felt that the strength that I believe makes black women so beautiful and desirable somehow made them unfuckable, and I feel that the whole notion is absurd. However, if Iím going to argue against her point, I have to debate on the same grounds she set, which is about no more than being fuckable. So, using the Brazilian sex trips and the prostitute (a very small part of my response), was simple to say that on that raw level of fuckability, yes, itís obvious that these men want to fuck black women so much that they are willing to travel and pay to do so. So, her argument is not correct.

Then, I chose to go deeper than Debra, because I agree that the idea of being fuckable is very superficial, particularly when you are dealing with the issues of race and oppression, which can not be avoided in the discussion. So, I went on to point out what I feel are some of the real reason our sisters are left out of such scenarios in films, television, etc., when it comes to this subject.

To me, black women are appealing in so many ways. It hurts me that this sister feels the way she does, but I also feel that it has much more to do with her own personal brainwashing. No American, particularly black American escapes it. Those in power have tried, and to a great extent succeeded, to cause us to feel self hate and self doubt. And to me, that is what this article is really about. To say that black women arenít desirable is ridiculous. The fact that a black women is saying it is a shame.

Peace.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 344

Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 04:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aapoet, it's a blessing to have the support of brothers like you, because it reminds us that there are so many good black men left.

Part of what make you so remarkable is your interest in knowing more about us (black women) and our struggle. You took the time to give a detailed response to Dickerson's essay -- you even went as far as getting the input of others. Your concern is greatly appreciated, so hopefully, you will continue to lend your wisdom and support.

I disagree with your assessment of Dickerson's article, but I look forward to hearing from you again.

Tonya

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2116

Posted on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 06:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aopet,

Whurr you at bwoy? :-)

Libralind2
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 199

Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 07:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOLLOL Kola

Aaron Sailor
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 06:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all Let me start by saying that I am a young black man that finds black women extremely attractive. But, let me start by saying that we live a cruel white supremacist society that says that the white standard of beauty is supreme.Anything that is close to white is considered beautiful and desirable. The white mainstream media has always labeled black women as undesirable, and still continues to assert the black women are the most undesirable women on earth. Have you ever noticed that white,asian, and White latina women are considered disireable but not black women. That is because white women are the standard of beauty. Asian, and latina women are considered beautiful because they are considered exotic. Also, because of their similarities to white women. (I.E Long-straight hair, light skin, keen features). That leaves black women who are not considered desirable. Their are still three sterotypes of black women that still dominate the white mainstream media.
Aunt Jemima/Beaulah- Loyal dark-skinned overweight black women who has been desexualized and shows that her main focus is to serve white families.
Sapphire- Loud brown-skinned black women who is not as large but is troublesome. Sapphire is uncoothe and always immasculates black men with her sharp tongue.
Jezebel- She is half-white (aka Halle Berry, Beyonce, Tyra Banks). Jezebel can sometimes be a brown-skinned sister but she has to be really pretty. Jezebel has an insatiable sexual apetite for white men. Therefore, she is a comfort to white America because she shows that only light skinned pretty black women can seduce a white man, and not a Whoopi Goldberg type.
Unfortunately, these images still remain today. For instance, have you ever notice that whenever you see a black woman on an all-white cast the black woman is either overweight, unnattractive, or old. Many times a combination of all three. (Alfre Woodard on desperate housewives or the fat-loud black woman on the new hit show Grey's Anatomy). Also many whites still consider blacks as inferior. And if they consider black people as inferior you can imagine how they are going to consider a black woman. Unfortunately, many black men have bought into this belief. My brother for instance has never dated black women and never will. He somehow see himself as better than most black women. It is sad, but until we as black people educate ourselves the more we will reject this system of white supremacy.

Miami
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stats dont lie. as time marches on, black women are being viewed, especially by black men, to far far far less desirible. Interracial relationships continue to rise, at least in america anyway. However, the sharpest increase is between black men and white women. There seems to be, and not too many folks can explain this phemonon very well, a magnetism between ww and bm. Hell, go to any college campus, i went to both college and grad school, and take a good look around. Black men have a lot of sex, w/ a lot of different white women there. It is becomming a right of passage. Just thought i would throw out some reality for yall.

EMINEM
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 02:05 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

EMINEM circa 1993

Track 1
Thereís so many styles I might get thrown
And hereís the place where I like to roam
And all the girls that I like to bone
Have the big butts, no they donít
ĎCause I donít like that nigger @#%$
Iím just here to make a bigger hit
When I be kickin the hypest, dopest rhyme
Just say that Eminem is the best MC of all timesÖYeah!
Iím running out of breath so hereís Chaos Kid with the flow of death

Track 2
I seen a Black girlfriend and I kissed her
I kissed her; I placed it on her cheek
And she didnít come back til next week

Now it was next week and she was back again
Wanting to kiss a white kid
So she was my girlfriend, we started going out
But thatís okay because we were Black and white
Blacks and whites they sometimes mix
But Black girls only want your money cause theyíre dumb chicks
So Iíma say like this
Donít date a Black girl, take it as a diss
If you want, but if you donít
Iíma tell you like this, I surely wonít
Never date a Black girl because Blacks only want your money
And that @#%$ aint funny

So Iíma say look honey
Why do you do this?
You know, you step up to me like you a Brutus
Then you try to grab my spinach
Because its green and thatís cash
So get outta here, ícause I donít need your ass
I said that before, but thatís okay because like I said youíre a whore
Black girls and white girls just donít mix
Because Black girls are dumb and white girls are good chicks
White girls are good; I like white girls
I like white girls all over the world
White girls are fine and they blow my mind
And thatís why Iím here now telling you this rhyme
íCause Black girls, I really donít like
We donít mix, itís like riding a bike
When youíre peddling hard, uphill both ways
You know itís kinda hard and thatís why I say to you
Iím giving you a little advice
Donít date a Black girl, if you do it once you wonít do it twice
You wonít ever do it again because theyíll take your money
And that aint funny
So Iíma say look honey
I thought he said that before
But like I said again youíre nothing but a big whore
So when mike catch on the bass line
Thatís okay Ďcause we will not just waste time

Iíll get straight to the point
Black girls are bitches, thatís why Iíma tell ya you better pull up your britches
ĎCause all that cash is making your ass drag
From the boyfriend ya ganked and thatís pretty bad
I mean thatís pretty sad when ya dating a Black guy
And then you turn around a @#%$ another big, Black guy
Now thatís pretty wrong, but youíre just ganking
But thatís okay because you need a @#%$ spanking
From me, the funky Eminem
Iím busting rhymes and Iím swallowing phlegm
Iím busting a freestyle just like this
I say swallowing phlegm and Howard gets pissed
But when Howard gets pissed thatís okay
Because he leaves and he doesnít show up for two more days
So Iíll just worry about that problem when I come to it
I cross that bridge when I come to it

Because, I forgot the chorus
But thatís okay ícause yíall saying bust a rhyme for us
So Iíma bust another rhyme about this Black girl
She turned out to be a @#%$ wack girl
A wack girl, because Black girls ainít funny
All they want is your @#%$ money
They take you for everything you got
And then you stand with a bunch of snot in your hand
So Iíma kick it to you just like this
How does the chorus go, I forgot
But thatís okay, ícause Iíma tell you in stride
Iíma say oh foolish pride

Oh foolish pride, oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride
oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride; oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride
oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride; oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride
oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride; oh, oh, oh
Date a white girl, ícause they got the raw hideÖ

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, March 06, 2006 - 07:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

poker casino poker 314

FlyWhiteGuy
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 11:30 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Black women are the best in bed...

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Flywhiteguy:"Black women are the best in bed..."

Yuck!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com