OPRAH....is Pissed OFF! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » OPRAH....is Pissed OFF! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2105

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 05:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My baby, Keith Boykin (I mean that like a SON)......has a really good post (with video) over on his BLOG today about OPRAH being so pissed off in New Orleans.

http://www.keithboykin.com/arch/001488.html

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 281

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 07:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kpla,

Don't mean to get off point, but your man (Kanya West) is going to be on Oprah tomorrow. Make sure you catch it, girl!

Tonya

Kola

Post Number: 2107

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:05 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL

I don't watch t.v. and it's really hard to make myself watch. I know I won't watch it. No use in me lying.

Plus...I'm bout to kick my own ass if I don't get this novel finished (my deadline is Oct. 1st to turn it in).

I've spent the whole day cooking....typing my 2 cents on this board....and playing "Gauntlet Legend" (video game) with my son.

Haven't written a single thing.

And "Tonya"---I think you are going to LOOOOOVE this new book. :-)

If only God would help me get it finished by Oct. 1st

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 227

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'M GON CATCH DIS EPISODE TONYA.. MISSIN 30 MINUTES OF CLAZ TO WATCH DIS..

AND I WANA KNOW THE NBA STAR'S SECRET TOO, LOL.

IT SUX B/C I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WATCH OPRAH THIS WEEK. IT'S IMPORTANT TO WATCH IT, SHE'S GETTING VERY INVOLVED WITH THE HURRICANE KATRINA...

HER SHOW IS MY FAVORITE SHOW TOO BECAUSE IT DEALS WITH FACTS AND REAL LIFE SITUATIONS.

I DIDN'T GET THE CHANCE TO SEE KANYE SPEAK ON THE NEWS OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE THEY CUT HIM OFF. SO THIS TIME I GET TO SEE HIM. I DON'T THINK HE WOULD LOOK NERVOUS ABOUT HIS PERSONAL OPINIONS OF THE PRESIDENT THIS TIME EITHER. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT HE REALLY WANTED TO SAY....

FREEDOM OF SPEECH BABY, YEAH...

THANK YOU OPRAH :-).

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 228

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

You better turn your TV on girl, LOL.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 229

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can record it for you if you want Kola...

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 515

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL, AfricanQueen....you tell me what happened.

I tried to make a new recipe today. "Squash Pudding"---which is sort of like England's "Yorkshire pudding" with bread and meat.

Anyway....it DID NOT come out too good.

I'm so upset.

I'm going to do it over until I get it right, because a friend of mines in Memphis Tennessee makes it like a pie---it is so divine! She rolls ground beef filling and asparagas in collard leaves.

I fucked up the squash and gravy filling.

I made mushroom chicken wings (oven), rice and broccoli w/cheese for the boys and baked a lemon crystal cake. That all came out great. :-)

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 283

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:44 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola: I caaaaan't wait for the book, infact, I'm dying to get my hands on my pre-paid copy of "DIARY" in December -- I completely loved "FLESH" and "LONG TRAIN", so I know I'm gonna love these two. Keep working, girl, so you can make that deadline!

AQ: I'm with you -- I aint missin thiz episode of Oprah fo nuttin, geeerl!!!

Tonya

Kola

Post Number: 2108

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 09:05 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya, make sure you email me an address so I can send you an autographed copy of "Diary" to go along with the one you bought.

Now that BOOK....whew.

It's just OFF THE HOOK.

I wish to God they would get it out there.

I didn't expect to have a new agent and all the major houses interested in me out of the blue like this.

Can't say much except the house that MIGHT buy "Sexy Part" (novel)---suddenly want to control "Diary" in case we do a "3 book deal".

This holds up the book from coming out on time.

I can't wait for "DIARY" to finally be out.

I've been waiting YEARS!

Kola

Post Number: 2109

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 09:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ALSO....

On "Sexy Part of the Bible", I've agreed to let it come out WITHOUT a topless back photo.

But with "Diary"---I refuse any compromises and have FINAL CUT, meaning NOTHING will be cut :-).

So my refusal to allow "watering down", as usual, makes it problematic to secure my book deals.

You have no idea how much these big houses fear the CONTENT in my books, the nudity. It SHOCKS me that they fear me so much.

But slowly...I'm breaking in. My new agent is FANTASTIC and TOTALLY behind everything I do. They really trust and listen to him. And he convinced me to not be "topless" on "Sexy Part".

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 231

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 12:18 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Why you gota talk about food when I'm starvin right now, lol... I want some mushroom chicken wings (spicy, mmmmm) and some squash pudding for desert... I'm so hungry, lol.

But ramon noodles is all I have right now.. I need to go grocery shopping :-).

My financial aid money is coming soon, just to myself for books and food so I can't wait.

Hey, I also got a PT job at starbux so if you like coffee I can get you some with a discount, it's awesome.. I'll also be getting medical and dental insurance here soon, I just love it :-).

I'm drinking more coffee than ever now, gettin very addicted. And it's so interesting coffee originated from Africa as a source of food. I still have more to read about it, so much to learn, lol.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 519

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 12:32 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My mother's tribe worshipped the coffee bean, AQ. The Oromo people, remember. :-)

When I was a little girl, she used to make me FRY IT 10 different ways every morning with prayer.

Oromo fry their coffee to a paste, then pour water over it.

So you're at school in North Carolina now? That's so wonderful!!!!

I'm so proud of you I could just cry!! :-)

I never went to school. So don't waste it.

A lot of my Black American family members come from North Carolina.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 158

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 06:36 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This ought to be good, especially with Oprah's dedicated army of housewives and old ladies. She'll definetly turn the tides in our favor. :-)

Kola, having finished one of my other books,I just started "Flesh ad the Devil"..... and I can't put it down! I also have the other two books and now can't wait for your autobiography! Bear w/ me, I have scarce time for leisurely reading, but as long as they're on my shelf I'll get to them all in time. :-)

Question:
Is it possible that your european and arabic-language books will available here in the distant future?

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 232

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 12:43 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL, Kola, I'm not in North Carolina,LOL. I don't know much about the state, so I couldn't live there. I'm still in Texas in a city that's 98% hispanic--- the University too. But since the Katrina, like 200 students have moved to the school so it's more diverse now. It's my final year here before gettin my education degree.. and then movin on to a different state to continue my ed.. but not in NC.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com