The Problem with BI-Racial People Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » The Problem with BI-Racial People « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2100

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 02:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BRITISH RAPPERS attack
American Rap Star COMMON
over Anti-Interracial remarks.

Common

*Several rappers in the UK are not happy with Common following his comments regarding interracial relationships made during a magazine interview. In response, Rising Son, Yungun and Doc Brown have recorded “Dear Common (The Corner Dub),” which calls the Chicago rapper, among other things, a “racist b*tch.”

In the interview with Touch magazine to promote his new album “Be,” Common voiced his disapproval of mixed race relationships and frowned upon blacks with dreadlocks dating white women, stating that those men would be "going against what the dreadlock's purpose was." The three UK MCs, all of mixed race, took much offense.

“There was all this sh*t he was talking in there about mixed race couples and how it’s wrong and I was just like, ‘Nah man, he can’t really say that.’ There’s mixed race people out there, that’s wrong,” Rising Son told the web site The Situation. “So I called up Doc Brown and Yungun and said, ‘My man’s slating our race!’ So they went away and wrote their verses and I was like, ‘I’m gonna deal with him on his own track.’”

Snatching Common’s beat from his recent single “The Corner,” Rising says on the first verse: “Rastafarianism doesn’t promote separatism/ I know white women who have converted to the religion/ They recognize African history as the truth so be it/ My father used to take me twelve tribes meetings, I used to see it.”

Rising also refers to Common as a "racist bitch" and spits, "I predict the future is mixed/Marking the end of all this racism sh*t."

Yungun says on his verse: "Black and white used to drink from different taps/ And you should know 'cause your album had a picture of that/ So when you say that you're showing how a hypocrite acts/ Now I ain't dissing this cat, I'm only spitting the facts."

“He needs to be careful because no matter what his opinions are, he’s still got a lot of white fans,” said Rising. “He comes over here and does gigs here; most of his fan base here is white. I mean, who was that ‘Electric Circus’ album aimed at? That wasn’t aimed at no one in no ghetto, that wasn’t aimed at no black people, that wasn’t a black album. If he keeps wanting to use the term sell out, what was that album all about?”

br

NOTICE how these "blokes" feel that the ANSWER to ending "racism"----is to get rid of the Black People by becoming mixed. Also note how they identify so much with the "whites" they so WRONGLY believe Common is trying to exclude.

There wasn't nothing RACIST about what Common said---he wasn't even addressing race, he was addressing Black men's self-hatred. Of course like most Bi-racial people, they emphatically refuse to address Black people's experiences as a people and the fact that they are often the result of that self-hatred.

Afroamerican
Newbie Poster
Username: Afroamerican

Post Number: 22

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 03:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do actually agree with Kola on this subject!

I've heard quite a lot about the England race system. And how Mixed people are now breaking even in numbers with the West Indian and African population.

They do NOT identify WITH "Blacks" there, yet get offended when "Blacks" say they do not like interracial couples. Why would another race care what another "race" liked?...............

I find that to be a rather strange situation.

I've also heard how England has started TRYING TO IMPORT the "onedroprule". They ATTEMPT to make Ms Jade and other Mixed celebrities "Blacks" however it doesnt' work there. These people NEVER say they are Black and brag quite often in fact about their White heritage.

So in turn, the Black British population rarely has celebrities of their own and follow US/Afro-American culture and all its "hip hop standards" instead!

Afroamerican
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 23

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 03:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh! And before Kola mentions it:

I do seeing this happening in the US- its happening now as we speak. However it'll be on a Much smaller scale.

One thing I have noticed that Afro-Americans have that other Blacks don't is a culture that everyone else admires. In culture I mean music, history, art, celebrities, singers, etc. (and not the traditional defintion).

British Blacks don't seem to have this. They're missing that "something" that makes everyone want to "copy them" or BE THEM.

Hard to explain.................

Kola

Post Number: 2101

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 03:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AfroAmerican

Hard to explain.................

KOLA:

actually what the U.S. has is a world wide MEDIA SYSTEM that brings exposure to all American cultural and social aspects.

Therefore the whole world is able to SEE..WATCH...HEAR what the Black Americans are doing...and by default--they become the Representative of Black People World Wide.

I have stated since day one that my goal as an artist was to create an alternative African-Womanist MEDIA image/mantra that would use the U.S. as a satellite relay station.

The MEDIA is what drives the planet right now.

kool
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 06:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kola....u are definately right.....

Media is such a strong tool....and America a media machine......a realization among blacks....in america...as minorites...are being represented well..comparison to there white counterparts and making up about 15% of the U.S population

management is key....and through such powerful mediums....BLACKS IN THE U.S CAN CHANGE ALOT!!!!

im routing for you....do what u got to do .....

and it wouldnt be a suprise to see u succeed at your goal...

lol...dame you have int'l exposure....

u better rep them (afros) well.....lol

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 282

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola: Do you have a picture of Common's wife/girlfriend?

Tonya

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 514

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tonya,

Common has a child by singer Erykuh Badu. They're no longer together.

I have no info on his current woman, but they're all Black women.

However---I've never seen COMMON with a woman as deep chocolate as the model Kanye West used to date.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 284

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 09:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've never seen COMMON with a woman as deep chocolate as the model Kanye West used to date.

HAHA!!!

You had to make that point, didn't ya!

Go heah, girl -- defending your man. That's what's up!

Tonya

Afroamerican
Regular Poster

Post Number: 26

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 12:38 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've always thought Erykah Badu looked like a Godess!

She's sooooooo beautiful!

I think she brought back the headwrap thing to America!

Renata
Veteran Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 67

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 08:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That headwrap thing is very big here in Atlanta in the summertime!

Nels
Veteran Poster
Username: Nels

Post Number: 64

Posted on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 11:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How many of this boards members are mixed in one way or another? Curious.

Blkamericanking
Veteran Poster
Username: Blkamericanking

Post Number: 60

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 04:46 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The populations in certain European nations and America are growing with mixed people. When different people live together, there will definitely be mixing, it has always been that way. For some reason it seems that people of different backgrounds wanna act like blacks and mix with us. One thing that bothers me about mixed people is that when they realize that their numbers are growing larger than the pure black population, they no longer identify with blacks and start looking down on blacks.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 162

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 07:13 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've already expressed my views on this subject on related "color" threads. I'm finished here.

[footsteps, door shuts]
[door opens, faster footsteps]

Erykah's Dreads are AWESOME!!!!!!!!:-)

[laughs, fast footsteps , door slams]

Danielle
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:35 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay Nels here's a breakdown of my family history: My mother's father parents were Portuguese. My greatgrandmother was either white Portuguese or light skinned, I have to ask about that and Greatgrandfather was a Black Portuguese. They got dropped off in Portugal instead of the Americas. My mother's mother's father was French and East Indian and her mother was Black. So my mother is Portuguese, Black, East Indian and White. I know there's a better was to say all this but I can't figure it out right now lol. Now my father's father was Black and East Indian (there's lots of East Indians in the Caribbean)and his mother Black. My Dad's Black and East Indian. Then they got together and had kids of all different shades and looks. And we all check Black on the census.

Danielle

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 643

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 04:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phuck Common!!!!

(teehee) let me stop.

:-)

Slow Poke
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Moon. Common did not say he was against interracial relationships.

He said that most of the Rastas he came up with in the music scene were colorist self-haters who dated white woman because they're white.

He said it embarrassed him that black men were prejudiced against black women but complained about prejudice from the white man.

I think a 10 year old could figure that out, too.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 644

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 05:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Slow Poke,

For every Rasta who Common believes is a "colorist self-hater" and is with a white woman because of it, there are 10 that aren't. Unfortunately, regarding Common's opinion, though he is more than entitled to it, his eyes proably don't want to "see" anything else. He is no different than any other prejudice individual who experiences something with a small segment of the poplulation and thinks his/her experience is the gospel truth. He doesn't know all Rastas and all interracial couples. I think a sign of true maturity and wisdom is realizing that, in life, there are no absolutes.

Slow Poke
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 06:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you agree that guys openly talk about women in front of other guys, MS?

Common's opinion sounded very factual to me. He was expressing what he had heard from the mouths of Rasta men.

For every Rasta that's with a white woman, how many white men are with black women MS? Are the numbers any where comparable?

Slow Poke
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 06:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, I'm a black man. I bet I could detect a colorstruck brother before you could.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 646

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 08:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Slow Poke,

The issue with Common's experience is that he uses it to prejudge ALL interracial couplings--all Black men who are with White women. I don't give a shyt if 99 out of the 100 Rasta's he knew were truly "colorstruck"--it still isn't all. And, that is my point. I'll write it again, his limited experience isn't the gospel truth--as is any of ours. The world is a huge, huge place. And, when all the cards are on the table, Common sure isn't one who wants to be judged. Typical shyt from somebody who can't give want he wants to get--which is respect.

Comparing Black men/White women couplings to White men/Black women couplings is absolutely irrelevant because Black women are free to be with anyone they want. And, when all is said and done, people are going to do what the phuck they want, especially men. Ain't nothing new.

Slow Poke, how much we gonna bet? $50 sounds good to me. teehhee.

You act as if I need a freakin' psychology degree to "detect" an individual with low self-esteem. And, a Black man walking down the street with a White woman....or at a restaurant with a White woman....or at a concert with a White woman....or in any other social/private settting with a White woman does not mean he is colorstruck--though some Black people,like Common, want to believe. Whatever. Come on, now. I don't give a shyt.

Deebaby
Newbie Poster
Username: Deebaby

Post Number: 23

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 12:51 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Black men who love, honor, and embrace Blackness, love, honor and embrace Black women...

Moonsigns,

I take it you're not Black, from your comment -

"He doesn't know all Rastas and all interracial couples."

He doesn't have to.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 647

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 02:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby,

Men who love, honor and embrace (know) themselves, respect women. Period. It has not one thing to do with color/race. If God really cared about people soley living/loving/procreating within their respected race/color/culture, the parts wouldn't "work"--and work so well at that. Obviously, they do. No one is better at being God than God--and thank God for that!!!! *wink*

I'm amazed at how tolerant you are of Common's prejudice. You must be so understanding when people prejudge you.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 540

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 06:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya and Deebaby,

Although I try hard to be nicer and get along with Moonsigns (because I truly believe she's a good person and that her heart is in the right place---and I can't myself, I like her).....

....she STILL has blinders on whenever anyone tries to broach these issues, because she's White married to a Black West Indian and has mixed children.

She sees these issues from the All American view point so prevalent in the media.

She has no "back file" on Black people's social history--black female ACCULTURATION in America vs. Africa, black female experience VARIANCE between skin tones.

And on top of that...she doesn't give a shit about Black women or acknowledge the significant difference in their life/experience and hers.

Whatever black men tell her about black women is basically what she believes, because she already knows that we have something against her, her kids and her hubby.

We are the "jealous enemy" who don't know what we're talking about.

You'll be all day with her.

Like I said, MOON's a nice person with a sweet heart---but she's your typical Martin Luther King Quot'n "We Are the World" White Woman married to Black man.

And remember---her man is West Indian, the most colorist and Anti-black female of all Black motherfuckers.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 330

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 06:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're absolutely wroooong, Kola!

She knows exactly what she's doing. Everybody knows you don't go up in someone's house telling them how to feel and what to do. If I decided to visit a bunch of cancer patients, I wouldn't dream of telling them about their symptoms or what they're going through -- not even if I was married to a cancer patient myslelf. Moonie is mad at something or someone -- that is plain to see. So, Kola, she knows exactly what she's doing and when you sugar coat her as some kind of snow white, you only turn her passive aggressive ass on.

Tonya

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 544

Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 07:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya,

MOON has been on this board a few years now.

She feels comfortable saying whatever she really thinks (even if it's malarkey to us)-------mainly because she's been the through the fire and everyone here is expected to give THEIR OPINIONS.

She speaks as a Middle Class Christian White Woman.

For the last 2 years---we've debated, cussed out and set Moon straight about everything in the black world.

Posters like "ME", Lambd, ABM and A_Womon literally cut her a new asshole.

While doing so....we also really got to know her as a person.

And after knowing her so long---I do think she's a nice person with a good heart and I do like her.

We NEVER agree. But like I said, MOON has a vested personal interest.....and like most white women, she doesn't give a shit about black women issues and is in denial about MOST of them.

That's my opinion of Moon.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 651

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 11:18 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Kola and her twin sister, Tonya (teehee)--

You (ladies) are funny as shyt!!!!

Tonya,

I'm not telling you how to feel and what to do--I'm sharing my opinion. I'll be the first to say it isn't law. And, I'm not passive agressive--more like plain aggressive.

Kola,

I have only been on this site for a year now, not two. And, I do give a shyt about Black women--I'm raising quite a few.
The other stuff you wrote--whatever.

Woo
First Time Poster
Username: Woo

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:43 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sidenote:

Common doesn't have a child with Erykah Badu. Her baby is with the D.O.C., a rapper/producer from Texas.

Deebaby
Regular Poster

Post Number: 32

Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 06:53 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

you have no perspective and cannot relate.

the way I see it...if you loved yourself in all your whiteness, there's no reason you would not have hooked up with a white man and had ya'self some lil white babies.

Wait, let me guess - you just "happened"

to "fall in love"

with a Black man and love has no color, and you can't help who you fell in love with, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada...

yeah, we know, we know...

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 655

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 08:18 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby,

Yeah....you're right. I have absolutely no perspective and I cannot relate. In order to prove I love myself, I have to marry someone who looks ~just like me~ so EVERYONE ELSE can feel good about who THEY are!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"yeah, we know, we know..."-Deebaby

Seems you don't, Deebaby.

Renata
AALBC .com Platinum Poster

Post Number: 86

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 04:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's not the issue that was being addressed....trying to make everyone else feel good about themselves by who you date.

The issue is that there are many BLACK men who ACTIVELY choose to marry NON-black women because they don't want their children to be nappy-headed, dark skinned, big lipped, etc., etc.

Screw what anyone does or doesn't feel good about. What I personally hope is that Black men will feel good enough about themselves that they don't try to have children that don't look like US.

The problem that I have with bi-racial people is only that they believe as they've been taught by society (and often by their own family, even sadder, often by their black family) that because they're half white, they're "better" than full black children. And this is what the black male is seeking: children deemed "better" than black people.

And bi-racial people just eat it up. I don't know if you read my rants before, but I'm light enough that I'm often mistaken for bi-racial, and people (white and black) will think they're COMPLEMENTING me by saying how NOT BLACK I look.

(One white asshole I dated once even had the nerve to tell me that his friends and family would accept me only if I told them I was half white. That didn't last long.)

And here you have black men doing the same by marrying only white women, trying to make black people "acceptable" to other people by making sure they can be "not black" enough for them.

Deebaby
Regular Poster

Post Number: 36

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 05:17 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns you say:

"Yeah....In order to prove I love myself, I have to marry someone who looks ~just like me~ so EVERYONE ELSE can feel good about who THEY are!!!!"

Who you marry says how you feel about YOURself.

Don't try and flip the script.

btw, who is "everyone else"?

And do you tell/teach your children that race doesn't matter?

If it doesn't then why didn't you marry a white man?...

(see earlier post - just "happened" to fall in love, etc.)

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 656

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby,

I'm not trying "flip the script" as there is nothing to flip. This is simply a difference of opinion regarding a subject matter.

Who one chooses to marry is a reflection of their person--but each person is different. From what you share, it appears that, for you, race is the first common denominator you look for in a relationship. For others, it's not. While race is relevant, ultimately, it (tends) to not be the main reason two people stay together. If so, Whites wouldn't divorce other Whites, Blacks wouldn't divorce other Blacks, Asians wouldn't divorce other Asians....and so on and so on.

All humans are physical, emotional and spiritual beings. We teach our children race is as relevant as other elements of human existence. Life is a balance. Our society is mostly made up of extremists in one element or another. And for those that disagree with me (regardless of race)--the "everyone else"--the extremists-- usually the worst hypocrites--it makes them feel more comfortable if they aren't challenged to seek balance. Usually, people who can "stick" with those that look, think and feel as they do, they can stew in their HATE of others that aren't like them and feel justified.

My husband came into my life when I was prepared (spiritually) to be a wife. I came into his life when he was (spiritually) prepared to be a husband. Had his spirit been wrapped in a White body, my husband would have been White. Had my spirit been wrapped in a Black body, his wife would have been Black. Race/color does not free us nor limit us.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 355

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 01:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby said:

Wait, let me guess - you just "happened"

to "fall in love"

with a Black man and love has no color, and you can't help who you fell in love with, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada...

yeah, we know, we know...

LMBAO!!!.... Tonya

Deebaby
Regular Poster

Post Number: 37

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 02:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns says:

"...Had his spirit been wrapped in a White body, my husband would have been White. Had my spirit been wrapped in a Black body, his wife would have been Black. Race/color does not free us nor limit us."

Well, if "if" was a fifth,
we'd all be pissy, rip-roaring drunk.

but and however,

his spirit wasn't "wrapped" in a white body, and yours ain't "wrapped" in Black.

YOU SAY:

"From what you share, it appears that, for you, race is the first common denominator you look for in a relationship."

I never stewed over whether I would, or if I should, marry a Black man and have Black babies...

I'm sure that the love I have for my father, my brothers, uncles, male cousins, the love I have for myself and my heritage and culture (never mind the fact that Black men are so damn fine...) are factors.

The CHOICE of Black, on the level of marriage and babies, became more of a conscious decision as I became more politically aware.

Also,

I can't say that the people CLOSEST to me -- my family and friends-- all look like me or think and feel as I do

but they ARE Black.

That's no coincidence and ain't nothing strange about it.

Although I can't see it, IF I decided/made the choice to hook up with a white man, I wouldn't give a damn what other folks had to say about it.

I might wanna swing wit a millionaire, or I might get on some mid-life crisis shit where I'm in the mood for a major change or something...*s*

I'd give naysayers my ass to kiss, but I have the capacity to be real with myself about why I make the choices I do.

We don't just arbitrarily marry and have babies with a brotha cause he popped up at a good time.

(Well, then again, people marry for all kinds of reasons, don't they?)

As far as "biracial" children, I have encountered, in my career, so-called "biracial" teens (most of whom identify as Black) who have resentments with the white mothers who lied to them and told them that "race don't matter"...
or who offer idealistic philosophy(ies) of life, at least not realistic for their children.

or teen girls who wonder why or resent the fact that their Daddies "prefer" white woman who look like you to Black women who look like them
(Even youngsters know we make choices and teens do so loathe adult dishonesty and hypocrisy and when it pairs with the teen-aged funk...ooooh chile).

I DO believe that the majority of Black men who choose to marry white women do so out of (what is at the core) self-loathe, and that in that state of mind they are not necessarily a loss to the Black community.

I DO believe that outstandingly, primarily and overwhelmingly Black men who love themselves and BlackNESS do ACTIVELY love Black women and choose Black women as their wives and the mother of their children.

Maybe yall are an exception

or maybe yall just ain't real about yall choices.

But that's more important for you and hubby and your kids than anybody else...

parenting takes so much honesty and unselfishness in any case

I ain't mad at cha.

I wish you all all God's blessings

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 658

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 04:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby,

I'm no one to discredit your feelings and experiences. You are no one to discredit mine. Everyone has the right to live as they choose--but also the repsonsbility to respect how others choose to live.

With that being said, I wish you all of God's blessings as well.

:-)

Kola

Post Number: 2117

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 04:05 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby said:

I DO believe that the majority of Black men who choose to marry white women do so out of (what is at the core) self-loathe, and that in that state of mind they are not necessarily a loss to the Black community.

KOLA:

"Hi Deebaby!" :-)

They may not be a loss--but still, they're a bad EXAMPLE to young black males and they tend to help spread the propaganda that black women are worthless, unworthy and "evil"---as opposed to any Non-Black woman, who is the "savior" of the Black male according to these types of black men. With the help of MEDIA...They do enormous damage to our communities--they infect others with their self-hatred and they actively and deliberately spew their self hate as "normal".

Sexism allows them to go "un-checked" and innocent black women live their whole lives being hated/attacked by not just the outside world---but the enemy within.

As for MOON---

I'm glad you and Tonya have the energy to keep her nose rubbed in the piss in the rug......because after spending nearly a year telling her the same things you're telling her,

I don't have the energy.

**If any of your posts are missing/erased, please write to the owner. I don't know how they would disappear.

troy@aalbc.com

Deebaby
Regular Poster

Post Number: 38

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kola,

RE your comment:

"...they're a bad EXAMPLE to young black males and they tend to help spread the propaganda that black women are worthless, unworthy and "evil"---as opposed to any Non-Black woman, who is the "savior" of the Black male according to these types of black men. With the help of MEDIA...They do enormous damage to our communities--they infect others with their self-hatred and they actively and deliberately spew their self hate as "normal".

I agree.

(I think the post that was missing is a result of my error.)

Blkamericanking
Veteran Poster
Username: Blkamericanking

Post Number: 63

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 02:29 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Renata,

You should have never dated that white asshole in the first place. Stick with your own kind.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 663

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Back to the topic....
Yeah, I just saw Commom in a recent video with Alicia Keyes (sp?). Shyt, somebody should have told him her mother is White and her father is Black. Seems that a vagina can sidetrack his "strong" principles.

Shame on him.

ROTF---LMAO!

What a phuckin' joke!

Renata
AALBC .com Platinum Poster

Post Number: 89

Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 09:13 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trust me, I learned my lesson. I'm just glad I learned it before deciding to get married!

Mulatto^Diplomat
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 04:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Renata stop being a traitor to your people (the mulattoes) and start having pride in yourself sister.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 199

Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 05:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With two black parents, I'm hardly mulatto.

Mulatto^Diplomat
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 02:01 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw what you put earlier sweetie.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 01:23 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading all of these postings. Life is beautiful and short and do we really all want to spend our lives debating with people. It is wonderful that everyone has there own opinions and everyone has a right to share there opinions. But rather than bickering back and forth no matter what your view...why don't you shut off the computer and live your lives. Show people your opinions in the way you live. Actions are louder than words. Be proud and live proud!

Aaron Sailor
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 07:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all let me say Mullatto Diplomat you have got to be one of the biggest idiots I have ever heard in my life. Do you know what the term mullatto means loser. It is a Spanish word for mule(a hybrid). A mule is the offspring of a donkey and a horse. So basically you are calling yourself a horse. It is almost like a black person calling themselves a porchmonkey or coon. I think you are calling yourself a mullatto because you don't want to be associated with blacks, because you see yourself as superior. But, deep down inside you know that you will never be considered as good as whites. I think you need to read Malcolm X's writings. Secondly, Common was telling the truth. To many black people are running around with deep self-hatred issues. It's not our faults that we live in an evil white supremacist society that we live in. To many black men like my brother are running around with deep self-hatred issues. That is why they try to water down there D.N.A with non-black women. I think that it is sad when you got brothers running around that say things like they don't care how fat,and unattractive, a non-black woman is they will still date her because anything is better than a black woman. It is sad when I black men turn down Gabrielle Union to get with Rosanne. Or Sanaa Lathan to get with that fat white chick off of the practice. Black men/women love yourselves please!! We need you in our communities.

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Question: why do we perpetuate this racist nonsense. It was the bigot who started this one drop rule thing. How can anyone tell if they are 1/8 this or 1/4 that? I could never figure this out. Boggles the mind!

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 05:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ooooh Honey coated chocolate chip. As a black woman I've dated 2 white men before.. I must admit, I was angry when I did it. Just came out of a 3 year relationship I was sure would end in marriage. Anywho - that neither here or there. Once I realized it was a tactic to get back at another black man, I moved on. Now married to a black man w/3 beautiful back babies.. I realized the interraccial relationships weren't that bad... just I didn't give a darn about them or their culture from that stand point. They were soley pawns in a game. I now realized I just didn't care enough about the guys to want to know more. I am not proud of my actions but it was a learning experience.. that I wouldn't deny a single person - FREE WILL. I realize once the novelty was over, I was bored and moved back on with my life which included black men. PS - oh the ex- well we are friends... turns out we were never meant to marry...

ItsJustMe
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 05:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh - When out with those white guys mentioned it the above post... I realized one thing about my precious black men. They made it quite clear how beautiful I was. Men who probably would have never spoke to me, had I been alone.. were complementing me to the hill top in clear view of my white date. My date may have thought it was disrespectful(and would have never vocalize that)... but I was quite flattered! ;)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com