Black People LOOT....White People FIND Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Black People LOOT....White People FIND « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2087

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 04:10 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My good friend Keith Boykin
talks about the racist news
"coverage" of the Gulf Disaster
on his daily BLOG:

http://www.keithboykin.com/arch/001467.html

And on our own board,
we've got the pictures that
make us want to reach out
and help:

http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus/messages/2152/7110.html?1125548430

Danielle
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 08:10 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was going to try and post that here. How they hell do you "find" bread in the grocery store?

Whistlingwoman
Veteran Poster
Username: Whistlingwoman

Post Number: 70

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 05:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw that link on Nichelle Tramble's blog. I thought she was going to post that it was a joke but I should know better.

www.nichelletramble.com/journal.htm

Whistling Woman

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 236

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 05:41 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Girl, I was just talking to my man about this news coverage. believe it or not it was even worse when the disaster first hit. I was waiting for somebody on this board to bring it up because I don't know how to start threads.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 142

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 06:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's like their trying to bring back "LA riot" flashbacks or something; Trying to convince the public: "See folks? Those people ALWAYS loot."

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2089

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 06:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

TONYA:

you start a thread at the very bottom of the board where it says "Start New Thread".

Scroll down to the very bottom of the board.

njmcgee
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 07:44 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As someone who lived in New Orleans for three and a half years years, it's hard seeing the city in such a state, but I will say this, people better recognize that it's open season on Black folks based on the ignorant behavior of a few. I've actually heard the FEMA director say "these people chose to stay" when some of them are so poor they had no choice. And let's be real, what city really wants hundreds of thousands of Black people moving into their city? Get ready for some comments and situations that will make you want to SCREAM!! But first, pray for the people of New Orleans.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 237

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 08:10 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is our 9/11 -- infact, it's much worse.

Anunaki3600
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Anunaki3600

Post Number: 82

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 03:39 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What exactly were the poor looting???? Diapers, food, water, shoes, guns, ammo. When no help comes from the authorities for several days, the survival instinct takes over with anger towards the system. Burning and looting is one way to express this anger by poor folks. You don't expect them to write to the editor of NY Times do you??

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 213

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 08:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shu, if muh place waz gettin flooded and the entire city too, I'd probaly get me a snack from the store with or w/o the law's permission. Those camera men and police men trying to catch those black boys and girls are straight up dumb.. I MEAN, WHAT THE HELL, THEY'RE ABOUT TO DROWN ANYWAY. THAT SHIT AIN'T STEALING TO ME, IT'S CALLED ALL YOU'VE GOT LEFT TO SURVIVE.

Those snacks and drinks are gonna end up damaged anyway, so what's the big deal? Everything is taken from them, so what's the big deal? Like they're gonna be millionaires on snacks and drinks they didn't pay for. That's BULLSHIT..

FUCK THE CAMERA MEN... and the Police men too, lol.. Their job was to try and save them not arrest them.

Aaron Sailor
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 07:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hate to say this people but as much as we want to believe things in this country have not changed. There is just as much racism today as there was 60 years ago, 100 years ago. Like it was said before Rosa Parks and MLK changed the law not the attitude and actions of people. I love how many blatently racist white people will claim to have white people will claim to have black friends. Or they will start their sentence by saying I'm not a Racist But....(fill in the blanks). And if you are a black person who thinks things in this country have changed Go to any KKK website which are so prominent on the internet. Listen to them talk about murdering and lynching black folks then come back and tell me if things have changed in this country.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com