Some Big News Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Some Big News « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 477

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 01:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

MY GOD...we've been arguiing for days about the term "negro".....and now I find out why.

There's a major new BLACK MAGAZINE coming October 25th and it's called..........

New Negro

Sean Puffy Combs promoted the magazine during the MTV Awards by wearing a "New Negro" t-shirt. Here's a preview of what the magazine is about:

THE NEW NEGRO MAGAZINE TO DEBUT IN OCTOBER 2005

Chicago, IL (BlackNews.com) - The New Negro Magazine will make its print debut on October 15th. This bi-monthly magazine will be distributed in seven states including Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana, in a planned circulation rate of 10,000.

The magazine is dedicated to identifying areas of self-improvement for African-American men ages 25-54, who are head of households or self-employed, in small and mid-size markets.

The magazine's major focus is to inform its audience about the issues that have the potential to empower themselves and their communities in three specific areas: 1) Improving Self Awareness, 2) Building Strong Families, 3) Shaping Public Policy, Image, and Opinions.

For just $25 a year, interested ones can subscribe to the magazine by visiting www.thenewnegro.com or by sending an email to subscriptions@thenewnegro.com - The first 1,000 subscribers will receive a free New Negro Magazine t-shirt.

The New Negro Magazine is seeking writers who offer an alternative to the rampant individualism that is distorting the American history and destroying the culture of African descendants. Serious, analytical writers who can generate discussion, reasonable conclusions, and the potential for change are welcome to send their submissions to submissions@thenewnegro.com - All submissions must be received 30 days prior to publication.

LINK:http://www.thenewnegro.com/

Kola

IN OTHER NEWS-----I'm Pregnant.

Since Thomas and I aren't together and haven't been for a year....we're not exactly thrilled about it...but we've had problems over the summer keeping our distance and I've been very sick, and now we're going to have another baby.

PLEASE pray for me to have a girl this time.

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 02:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Danielle
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 03:06 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Kola. Children are noisy, wonderful blessings I hope you have a girl.

Danielle

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 212

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 03:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Kola, hope it's a girl :-).

Nyibol

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 679

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 03:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Huge news, Kola--Congrats!

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 482

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 04:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks everyone.

I'll be posting a lot of pictures of my new love--Kanye West and his girlfriend :-) ----in a few minutes.

LOL

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Chrishayden

Post Number: 1396

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 04:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola:

How many months along are you?

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2083

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 04:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,

2 months. Maybe a little more, but not 3.

I'm afraid to find out what the baby is...because I might get depressed.

Just being honest.

Didn't want to be pregnant again right now anyway.

Afroamerican
Newbie Poster
Username: Afroamerican

Post Number: 17

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 07:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

P. Dummy promoting this magazine!

What a joke!!!

Let me guess, it must feature Liquor advertisements (targeted at Black men of course) with Latinas in it...........

lol.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 232

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:11 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations girl!

And hush up that noise about being depressed -- This is a joyous occasion!!!

Tonya

Kola

Post Number: 2086

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:44 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya, don't mind me.

I will LOVE this baby so deeply no matter what it is.

But I've been pregnant with 4 boys (lost 2), and since I'm near 40, I would just like this one to be a girl.

PLUS, this unexpected development is causing big big trouble with Thomas and his new girlfriend. Of course, I shouldn't have slept with him---but I'm on a ranch with my boys, their father is here 3 to 4 times a week and he's the only man that I know or see. He was my mines for 8 years.

Who else am I going to have sex with?

And I'm afraid to go through this by myself.

So it's just not comfortable.

Rustang
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Rustang

Post Number: 108

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 08:35 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Kola.:-)

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 1401

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola:

Ride it out, girl. And I bet it will be a daugher.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 235

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 04:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

I think eveything is going to be fine because Thomas is a good man and that should make things easier for you. Also, we're all wishing you the best -- so you have A good man, beautiful sons, a new baby on the way, and good friends -- what more can you ask for.

You're going to be fine.

Tonya

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 143

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 06:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope it's a girl! And I hope she looks JUST like her mommy. :-)

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 1410

Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 10:20 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We gotta get Cynique out there on a plane so she can take care of you--make sure you sit down and get plenty of rest and eat good--cut out the wine and stuff til you have this baby.

Kola

Post Number: 2092

Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 11:19 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL!! :-)

Chris---I never drink while I'm pregnant.

And especially since I miscarried the last baby, we're really doing things by the numbers...which will mean plenty of doctor's visits.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 08:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You cannot be serious, Chris Hayden. Your ridiculous suggestion would rank #1 on the top 10 list of things that are not my cup of tea.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 639

Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 02:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations, Kola! I hope you have a girl, too! I have both male and female children. I think that it is a wonderful experience to raise both genders. I know my girls, though still somewhat young, will be some of the best friends I will ever have in this lifetime. Best wishes for a healthy and safe pregnancy and birth! THINK PINK!

-Moonie :-)

Edenson
Regular Poster
Username: Edenson

Post Number: 32

Posted on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 08:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will pray that its a boy... lol... congrats

Renata
Veteran Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 75

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 09:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hope you have a beautiful daughter!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com