Kanye West....LATE REGISTRATION! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Kanye West....LATE REGISTRATION! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 475

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uh oh.

Kanye West

A few weeks ago I wrote a poem slamming Kanye West's new single "Golddigger".

Yesterday, however, my oldest son made me buy Kanye's new CD "Late Registration" for him.......and....Poh child. Him Mama stole him CD.

Today, I have to buy 2 more copies, so my son can have his back---plus I need one for my car.

I AM IN LOVE WITH KANYE WEST!!!!!
:-)

Kanye CDcd

I stand by my poem "Golddigger" and I really don't like that one song...but that's the ONLY SONG on the CD I don't like. I love all the others! And with 21 tracks, that's saying a helluva lot nowadays.

You really have to get this CD---it's amazing.

My favorite tracks are: "Heart Em Say", "We Major", "Drive Slow", "Hey Mama", "Celebration" and "Gone". I LOVE IT!

Here's a REVIEW from a Hip Hop Magazine:

Hardly anyone knew who Kanye West was five years ago. But after producing the lion’s share of The Blueprint (arguably Jay-Z’s best album) and supplying the soul for a gang of established and emerging artists thereafter, Kanye saw his stock as a producer/MC rise considerably. In 2004 he dropped his debut album The College Dropout, smugly proclaiming that he “saved all the dope beats for himself”. The result was multi-platinum record sales, five Grammy Awards and an instant classic. A bona fide superstar was born. But the trouble with success is that often there is no place to go, but down. For Mr. West the challenge of following up his grand entrance was a question of evolution. How does one build upon their previous successes while continuing to develop artistically? He found his answer in an unlikely place, enlisting the assistance of Jon Brion, a noted composer who has crafted albums for alternative crooners like Fionna Apple and Aimee Mann. With Brion, Kanye had an arsenal of instruments at his disposal and was able to experiment with a 20-piece string orchestra. Late Registration (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam) is a different kind of Hip-Hop album, a much-needed departure from the vapid blather that is popular rap music.

Every song on Late Registration is masterfully composed and performed. The drums are heavy. The sounds are evocative. Kanye and his impressive supporting cast chronicle the struggles of the common man. On “Crack Music”, the Game lends his commanding voice to equate their audible dope with the white rocks that keep fiends on the prowl. The lines are laced with informed axioms (“Crack raised the murder rate in DC and Maryland/ We invested in that it's like we got Merrill-Lynch/ And we been hangin’ from the same tree ever since/ Sometimes I feel the music is the only medicine”). On “My Way Home” the reigns are handed over to Common who drops and introspective verse over an ethereal soundtrack and a liberal sampling of Gil-Scott Heron’s “Home Is Where The Hatred Is”. Also, check for “Addiction” Kanye’s animated ode to human vice. On the hook he asks, (“Why everything that’s supposed to be bad, makes me feel so good?/ Everything they told me not to, is exactly what I would”). The album flows seamlessly from start to finish. However, there are a few missteps, namely “Bring Me Down”, an overdone duet with Brandy where Kanyeezy recycles the verse he spit on “Wack Niggas” with Common and Talib Kweli.

Whether you think he’s the genuine article, or a self-absorbed flunky (or both), Kanye’s ability to craft soulful jams is undeniable. Nearly every track on the album is a potential single. And with his heartfelt commentary laid over lush instrumentation, those singles are sure to resuscitate the drab radio airwaves. Musicality aside, one of the most refreshing characteristics of Late Registration is its humanity. The songs are inspiring rather than assaulting. Hip-Hop’s enduring infatuation with Scarface-like imagery is altogether absent from the project. In its place is an optimistic, savvy and humorous outlook on life - a tremendous achievement from one of Hip-Hop’s brightest stars.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 476

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 12:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am SO IN LOVE WITH Kanye West! I can't believe it!

Kanye

ROLLING STONE has a "review" where you can listen to the Tracks from "LATE REGISTRATION"

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/_/id/7569017/kanyewest?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=triple1&rnd=1125505838448&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1069

SOMETHING ELSE I'm really loving, but didn't care for at first-----is the slamming REMIX of John Legend's duet with Lauryn on "SO HIGH". You know how much I love Lauryn--but she sounds so hoarse on this cut. Still, it's really grown on me big time. I love the song.

John Legend

I emplore you to go to this LINK at his web site and WATCH THE VIDEO version---which is quite beautiful to look at. They also have the song with Lauryn. I love it, and I'm really excited that she and the FUGEEs have a new single coming out in just 15 days!!!!

LINK: http://www.johnlegend.com/index1.html

Tank
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 01:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Word.

bruh-man is bad

Linda
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 01:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

KOla, you and me both.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 211

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 03:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, do you write songs too or have you thought about it?

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2081

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 04:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Africanqueen....yes, I do write songs and the reason I write poetry is because I always wanted to sing.....and can't sing.

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2082

Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 04:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I never did listen to Kanye West's first album...so he's NEW TO ME...but I am so crazy about this man! GOD! I wonder is it the pregnancy hormones making me crazy?

HERE HE IS...with his mother, Donde and his beautiful girlfriend, Brooke.

KanyeWest, mother

I really think his girlfriend, Brooke is
gorgeous! And look how sexy HE IS in this photo.

Kanye and Brooke

His mother did a good job and his new CD is to die for! I love it!

Kanye

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 10:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kanye's girl is so fucking ugly, she's fugly

Anonymous

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kanye's girl is so fucking ugly, she fugly!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 249

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 11:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,
It is not nice to call people ugly :-)... no matter how bad "you think" they look. Everyone's beautiful in their own way.

Peace out

daneth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 11:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i dunt how i feel right now but im sure is obsessed with kanye.i luv yu kanye and i know i always will.i luv how ur smile can brighten up my darkest day and how ur song can wiped away my depression.i luv yu so much.

daneth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 11:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

any gurl dat get married to yu is da most lukiest gurl out of dis world, i wish dat gurl can be me.i luv yu hottie.bi 4 now

daneth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 11:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i never want anything more than i want you kanye.i luv yu muahhh... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxoxxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo xoxo

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think that i would look better on kanyes arm. Her face look madd oily who is she anywayz i never saw her any where before kanys what do you see in her but iam not even gonna hate form a 1 to 10 i give her a 8 and iam being VERY NICE but iam a 10 so i look better?

Tenesha
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:10 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nobody loves kanye more then me

daneth
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 02:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

she doesnt look good wif kanye,it doesnt match cuz she taller den him. i think i look better in kanye's arm cuz we both r jus perfect for each other.i still believe dat im da gurl who luv kanye more den any gurl on dis univers,cuz i love kanye for who he iz not for his money,car,house .ect
(i luv yu kanye) muahhhhhhhhh xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 342

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 05:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe he likes her because she is tall.

hunnieD
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kanye you are the finest of all guy i luv yu man.u r mi life, mi prince,mi soul,mi lover,ur everthing to meeeee............

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com