Hey, Everybody! check THIS out! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Hey, Everybody! check THIS out! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 110

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:36 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

just when I start to lose faith in national geographic when they surprised me with THIS in my mailbox:

http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0509/index.html

Check it out! You won't be dissapointed.

If you are anyway,it won't be a big one.

Anunaki3600
Veteran Poster
Username: Anunaki3600

Post Number: 71

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 04:16 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roxie, I have always enjoyed issues from National Geographic Society over the years. They have usually done some good pieces on Africa over the years. Some good, others not so good.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 122

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 09:51 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anunaki! I missed you! Glad you're back :-)

I like this particular issue because they finally have some photographs of well-dressed, well-educated black africans, something they overlooked in past issues.

Anunaki3600
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 75

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 05:37 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Always glad to exchange ideas with ya Roxie. Since the National Geographic Society is now on cable too, it will be nice to see some of their new stories on cable. By the way did you ever get the chance to read the issue they did on EVE (i.e. LUCY) they did in the mid 90's. Check that issue out if you can.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 124

Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 08:27 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I DID read that when that issue first came out, but the copy belonged to my school. I haven't seen that issue in years. I'm always checking the public libraries for old or extra issues they want to throw out.

Check out NG channel's series "Taboo". It's their best program.

Anunaki3600
AALBC .com Platinum Poster

Post Number: 78

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 03:24 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will check it out. I have to look into the cable TV programme guid to find out when they are showing it. Thanx.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com