Why do we hate Black Women so much? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Why do we hate Black Women so much? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Babygirl
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Babygirl

Post Number: 84

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just thought I’d share this excerpt. It was lifted from another author’s blog. The same Kola-esque message, (sans the more colorful illiteration), and waxed in the spirit of a Black man...makes you stop and go, hmmmm?....or not....And before anyone JUMPS down my throat, the author says Black women, NOT light-skinned Black women and NOT dark-skinned black women, just WOMEN in the BLACK race as a whole.

Why do we hate Black Women so much? By: Hadji Williams

Somewhere between the 24/7/365 coverage of white women like Laci Peterson, Martha Stewart, and shows like BET’s UN:CUT something dawned on me: We hate black women. We hate black women so much that when someone kills a black woman it barely makes the local news, nevermind the national news. We hate black women so much that if a black woman goes missing, we never look for them. (They’re called “Amber Alerts” and “Megan’s Law” and not “Lakeesha Alerts” or “Shanita’s Law” for a reason.) In fact, the only time we ever look for black women is when we’re casting for strippers, babymammas, hoes, bitches, cockteasing gold-diggers, magical-negro-enabler-for-their-white-friends, attitude-filled caricatures. And even then, her big black butt won’t be working too much.

We hate black women so much that we refuse to even get outraged over the fact that 50% of all new AIDS cases in America are among Black women. We hate black women so much that when they get pregnant, we blame them, as if they all made withdrawals from the local sperm bank. We hate black women so much that we rationalize slurs like “bitch” and “ho” at almost every opportunity. We hate black women so much that when it comes to beauty standards, the feminist movements, women’s rights and health, we still subjugate Black Women to the perspectives and paradigms of White Women and gay white men (and to an increasing degree Hispanic Women)… Yep, we truly hate black women.

Now when I say “we,” of course I mean White America—the only black women they seem to even acknowledge are: Oprah, Condoleeza Rice, Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, Star Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Maya Angelou, and Robin Quivers (Howard Stern’s sidekick). But when I say “we” I also mean the hip-hop community, Black men and Black America at large. Whether we like it or not, WE may well be among the biggest Black Women haters of all.

Just look at our actions:

We’re the ones who ignore/defend the misogyny in our own communities. We’re the ones who’ve been covering up the endless domestic abuse and the man-sharing/random sex partners for generations. (I wouldn’t be surprised if our hatred of black women has factored into the AIDS epidemic. After all, it’s just Black Women catching it, so who cares about increasing treatment and changing behavior, right?) We’re the ones who accept leaving black women alone to raise the kids that we helped them create. We’re the ones who defend treating black women like products and sex objects in the videos and on the street corners of our communities. We’re the ones who defend interracial relationships as being the product of black women driving black men to women outside the community. We’re the ones who chase all the standards of womanhood that the larger society says we should.

I think we accept and defend the misogyny in hip-hop because, on one level or another, we believe that black women (at least most of ‘em) deserve it. It’s just understood that when emcees talk about bitches and hoes, they’re talking about Black women as bitches and hoes. That’s why you don’t hear much outrage from mainstream women’s groups like N.O.W., Independent Women’s forum, etc. because they know this misogyny isn’t implicitly directed at white women—except maybe if Eminem says it. And of course he’s proven that he’s not above calling black women bitches and niggers every now and then. (In fact, looking back, I think the main reason so many of us forgave Eminem’s “black bitches/niggers” was because Eminem was only saying what most of us already think about Black Women.) And we accept the institution of pimping because it’s inherently built on degrading and commoditizing Black women; and of course, black women deserve what they get… right?

There’s so much hatred of black women, not only in America, but also in countless other countries around the world. You see it in the double standards for access to healthcare, representation in government and businesses, etc.… But mostly you see it in the way we treat Black women and in the way we allow others to treat and portray Black women. When you put all this together, the answer is simple: America, Black America and Hiphop included simply hates Black Women.

And personally, I’m sick and tired of waiting for white folks to stop it or to solve it. (As they’ve proven time and time again, they don’t do anything for black folks unless they can control it or profit from it, or unless they feel like they don’t have a choice.) Nope… My goal for 2005 and beyond is to finally get answers to two questions: (1) When are we as a community going to acknowledge this hatred? (2) What are we as individuals and as communities going to do to stop this hatred?

Hadji Williams is author of the new book, KNOCK THE HUSTLE: HOW TO SAVE YOUR JOB AND YOUR LIFE FROM CORPORATE AMERICA, hiphop’s first success guide for business, culture and life.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 153

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:40 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Preach on girl... this is a very good topic for discussion. But I really don't know what to say because I don't know the answer to why black women are so hated. Because I myself is a black woman and maybe the black woman herself needs to rise and stand up for herself, her dignity and stop this BS that should never be.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why do Black women hate other black women so much?

That'll be a great question to ponder first...

Renata
Veteran Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 51

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 03:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't realize we did, anonymous.

As for Hadji Williams.....I wish I could shake her hand right now.

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 55

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 03:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can't say that I've ever witnessed black women hating each other, unless it had something to do with fighting over a man.

(Not saying that it DOESN'T happen, just not as much as people allude.)

Here, it seems more that we help each other. It's the men who hate us.

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2005

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 03:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe a Man wrote this article.

It's very honest----and because a black man wrote it---it's hopeful.

Like AfricanQueen said, let's hope that more black women will have the courage to stand up for themselves and not resort to self-hatred.

We are the ones who raise the sons.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 158

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

You are crazy. You just think black women hate you because you're light. Aren't you the same person that raised the topic, asking Kola to be honest? I say BS and get over yourself.

Kola

Post Number: 2010

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AfricanQueen,

Anonymous does not think that anyone HATES her.

That's not what this is about.

But her day is over.

Babygirl

Post Number: 87

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 06:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hadji Williams is a MAN, and a very intelligent, compassionate, spirited individual, and as Kola noted, the spirit of his comments are hopeful.

And whether you want to like the messenger or not, Anonymous makes a valid point that needs to be examined. Why are we women so quick to turn on and against each other? This debate over the merits of light vs. dark is a prime example. Granted, the issue is heavily weighted in emotion and emotion based solely on each individual's experience, but the minute one or the other makes a comment that the other doesn't agree with, the name calling starts and the battle begins, and the end result is that neither has made an ounce of progress for any of us. There isn't an ounce of respect for the simple fact that the views may be different because the challenges and experiences have been different. Instead of listening to and learning from each other, how much easier it has become to scream and shout that the opposition just doesn't understand or is jealous and ignorant as if one position will ever prevail over the other.

Women want to be respected and I don't care where you fall on the color spectrum. We want to be loved and appreciated and acknowledged, not only by men, but also each other. We are our own biggest critics and our fiercest opponents and the energy we waste castigating each other over who's got better hair or skin and who gets more or less because of it is energy that could be used to serve a larger purpose.

The term self-hate has been bantered about as if it justifies the behavior. Self-hate only has the power to cripple us if we choose to believe the negativity. Calling me ugly doesn't make it true unless I choose to believe it's true. I don't and what we need to be teaching our daughters is that they don't have to believe it either because it isn't true.

And maybe the issue isn't that black women hate each other, but that black women aren't fully supporting each other because we are too quick to let trivial crap like color and hair get in the way of those issues that are far more important.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster
Username: Blkamericanking

Post Number: 28

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 06:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First of all, i would like to say that I LOVE black women, especially strong black women such as Kola, and all of the other strong black women on this wonderful board. Honestly, i don't think people hate black women, i think maybe people are jealous of black women because of her strong spirit. Maybe i am wrong but, if in fact the black woman is hated, i feel we as black men must love and protect her by all means.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 160

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 06:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl: Calling me ugly doesn't make it true unless I
choose to believe it's true. I don't and what we need to be teaching
our daughters is that they don't have to believe it either because it
isn't true.

Me: This is a very good message here woman. Keep up the good job.

Kola

Post Number: 2012

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 06:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The FACT is Babygirl.....Anonymous's "problems" as a Black Woman, all too often, are not the same problems as AfricanQueen and I have as much darker more African-looking women.

We did not attack her. We didn't ask that bitch shit!

Whatever Valid Point she raised was totally lost in her desire to INFLICT insult and pain.

She dragged her slithering ass up in here with an all out attack ON ME.....and that attack has been DULY answered BY ME.

Apparently, Hair and Color are NOT trivial...and these issues are by far...the MOST important issues, otherwise Black people of every sex and color would not be so obsessed one way with the other of attaining or avoiding EITHER OR.

The BEST THING for "light skinned" women who don't understand why this is all so important to do......is to simply honor their own experience and STOP trying to dismiss and disregard the very real experiences and feelings of Dark Black women....and to STOP accusing them of "surface" bullshit like being jealous, being bitter, etc.

If all the POLITICALLY CORRECT PREACHING you just did in your last post is true...then you need to simply honor OUR REALITY by listening, moving on to another subject and leaving us to deal with OUR REALITY....and stop all the bullshit "we're all just one big happy family---we're a rainbow" and let the chips fall where they may

....because the more you SAY all that, Babygirl.....and the more the society DOES NOT change....the angrier and more estranged we become from each other.

I get 150 letters A DAY....at least 80 of them are from BLACK GIRLS telling me their stories, their feelings and their experiences...

...and all that Apple Pie shit you just said DOES NOT wash with them. The issue of how a woman LOOKS (and is subsequently treated) has gotten WAY OUT OF HAND in the black community.....because of women like yourself, traditionally giving these "band-aids" with no solutions. Even the "Light skinned girls with light eyes" are writing me now...complaining NON-stop about the Latina and Asian girls who are considered better than them and placed above them in the Black Community.

The first thing we NEED----as Marita Golden pointed out in "Don't Play In the Sun"---is a Standard for Blackness. A point of Reference. Something that Blacks in other countries already have, because we live CONCENTRATED in All Black communities with Black language, Black culture, Black beauty, Black history.

By becoming more and more of EACH OTHER, we become THE SAME and find strength in that.

We can't do that...and promote Bastardization at the same time.

I don't hate ANY WOMAN...I have already proven, countless times, that I am for ALLLL WOMEN.

That includes White women, Asian women, Mixed Race women----but my job as an African mother is NO DIFFERENT than the White Woman's job to her child, the Japanese to hers, the Mexican to hers.....MY JOB is to be a mother to my own daughters first. To put their concerns first and to create healthy, idealized images and modes of existence for them.....and to lead them to BLACKNESS (which is what me and my people are--BLACK).....and not lead them to Whiteness or to Bastardization.

As I've written many times in my books: "The black woman is like the ocean...becoming more and more of itself."

I'm not about to cow-two to a bunch of Mixed, Bi-racial and High yellow women...who NEVER gave a damn about authentic Black Women in the first place....and who now want to preach all this SISTERHOOD bullshit, knowing god-damned well that you are not going to the theature to SUPPORT a Dark Chocolate nappy-haired Leading Lady walk off into the sunset with a Black Man or to celebrate the BIRTH of a Blue Black infant.

We who are DARK BLACK and CHOCOLATE and CHARCOAL have been fully supporting, smiling and LOVING light skinned women for decades and decades---and are still called "monkeys", "jealous", "bitter", "un-clean", "ghetto" and anything else that FAKE ASS PHONEY fork-tongued bitches like you want to pull out of your light skinned ass----depending on WHICH FACE you have on that day.

So we don't need a goddamned speech from you, from Miss Anonymous and no one else about HOW to get along and be black women.

PRACTICE what the fuck you preach!

And get along with that---because there are going to be CHANGES made in the Black Community, and especially for the Dark Skinned woman and HER CHILDREN.

Now LOVE and BE HAPPY for that.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Me, I'm reject the idea of having to kiss black women's assses to get along with them and I refuse to let them lay guilt trips on me. So it should come as no surprise to anyone that if they want to disown me and start their own cult, then it's OK. They don't need me, and I don't need them, and all the lecturing in the world won't convince me that their future will be any better than mine. So save the reprimands and the dire predictions. United we fall, divided we stand.

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 58

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola's got a point......

When Lena Horne became famous, black people flocked to see her because AT LAST black women were considered beautiful. Even if she was lighter than the average black woman.

But in the 80's, when people like Whoopi Goldberg became famous, people wanted to talk about her "nappy" hair. BLACK people were making fun of her. (She seemed to hardly give a damn what everyone thought, 'cause she was getting PAID, but still....)

Babygirl

Post Number: 88

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 08:13 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, you have proven my point, as you always do and with your usual candor and eloquence.

"Anonymous's "problems" as a Black Woman, all too often, are not the same problems as AfricanQueen and I have as much darker more African-looking women."

You keep wanting to beat on the fact that darker women's issues are larger, deeper, more severe, given lesser value, disregarded, and on and on and on, instead of HEARING from ALL women that OUR problems are universal. You want to believe lighter-women have no understanding of the hurt and the pain and the suffering and many keep trying to make you understand that their hurt and pain and suffering have scarred them just as deeply. They have been just as wounded. And they, like every other woman simply want to be respected.

And Cynnique is right. At this point, it would seem that united we will fall, because clearly standing alone and divided seems to be the goal of choice.

So, let's have an assembly of racial options within which to cast ourselves. There can be:
BLACK
Ebony
Sable
Charcoal
Cinnamon
Tan
Coffee
Walnut
Bronze
Ochre
Peach
Saffron
Brown
Tan
Beige

Oh! The possibilites are endless! Then we can decide upon birth which group an individual will fall into. We can pattern it after that old paper-bag test. Get us some special color charts so there are no mistakes, 'cause heaven forbid some baby be labeled sable when he's actually ebony, or tan and he's really beige. Of course, we'll have to take into account that some babies tend to darken up right after birth so perhaps there should be a waiting period of sorts. Then of course if a nothern child gets moved south or west and is subject to more sun, we may need to have some established criteria to determine how to shift them between shades.

But we need to be prepared, 'cause you know white folks is going to want to get in on this. Can't leave them out. They can have their own color-codes with yellow, pink, chalk, silver, snow. Won't it be a kick to see them fighting amongst each other to determine just who's AUTHENTICALLY white and who isn't!

Of course, then we have the issue of inter-family fighting because three siblings fall into different categories and we know one is sure to claim favoratism of some sort. And, imagine the battles when beige's get better jobs than tans, or charcoals get more dates than sables! And oh, imagine the discussions about who's better than who! And just think, when we get it all solved and finished and right and everyone knows who's black and who's not, and we all know where we fall in the social divide of better and best, THEN perhaps we can come together to solve the fact that children are starving, families are homeless, men are unemployed, women are battered, poverty is rampant, war is a detriment, quality literature is on the decline, television is corrupting our youth, healthcare is virtually nonexistent, and the host of other issues that are clearly more trivial in comparison to THE MORE IMPORTANT issues of hair and skin-color and who gets more attention on the playground or who likes who best.

So, have at. Clearly, it's a mission that will command the pages of our history books.

I'm too through.

Kola

Post Number: 2014

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 08:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You keep wanting to beat on the fact that darker women's issues are larger, deeper, more severe, given lesser value, disregarded, and on and on and on, instead of HEARING from ALL women that OUR problems are universal.

CAMEL SHIT---I, KOLA, am the most Universal woman up in here. And although there are SOME problems shared by ALLLL women........your Black American crap about "universal problems" is CAMEL SHIT. Black women have got 10 times the problems that WHITE and "WOMEN OF COLOR" have----and the BLACKER the are, the worse their problems are.

You Black American women get on my goddamned nerves with bullshit---always wanting to identify and solve everybody else's problem---always wanting to be the goddamned sympathetic MAID instead of a Queen looking after her own sons and daughters. I'm not about to join hands with any WHITE FEMINISTS and "Women of Color"....UNTIL THEY ACKNOWLEDGE..."MY REALITY"....and do more than talk to bring about meaningful change and BENEFIT in "MY" LIFE. Fuck the dumb shit. You kiss-ass American women kill me.

Those WHITE women are saying the same goddamned thing that I'm saying---"FUCK THOSE BLACK BITCHES"----so you be a goddamned fool if you want to.

When I make a pot of greens and a sweet potato pie--it's for MY GODDAMNED daughter, you understand!!!

Haven't these two faced white bitches got ENOUGH people doting and pampering them?

When are you BLACK WOMEN going to dote and pamper and LOOOOOVE your own goddamned daughters!

FUCK THEM! I'm not their goddamned sister!

I'm not their therapist, I'm not their Maid, I'm not their COMEDIAN, I'm not their lovable fat "girl-fran"

I'm out FOR KOLA and for Black Women of every skin shade...who RELATE to KOLA and TO BLACK PEOPLE, TO AFRICA and BLACK BABIES.

You want to believe lighter-women have no understanding of the hurt and the pain and the suffering and many keep trying to make you understand that their hurt and pain and suffering have scarred them just as deeply. They have been just as wounded.

BULLLLL-fucking--SHIT! They HAVE NOT been just as wounded...just as invisible.....just as Marginalized as the Black women with dark skin and African skin, so don't even come in here whining that bullshit! THere is NO Yellow-Skinned PECOLA BREEDLOVE....there is NO Yellow-Skinned EmmaBelle..........you don't know a goddamned thing about what it feels like to be Alek Wek, India Arie or Nyibol. NOT EVEN I DO. So don't come pleading that BULLSHIT about yellow women having it just as hard......THEY DO NOT

THEY DO NOT....

...and I will tell any goddamned lying-ass BLack American woman that wants to plead that bullshit just where to go with it!!!!!

And THAT is the problem---you can't be honest. You can't be real, because you don't want to ADMIT that you benefit from the oppression of BLACK WOMEN and that you've WILLINGLY and HAPPILY benefitted for decades and decades.

And they, like every other woman simply want to be respected.

And that's ALL I want, goddamnit---and when you GIVE RESPECT, you get it---so don't come in here with this bullshit.

You don't like AUTHENTIC BLACK WOMEN telling their stories and experiences---FUCK YOU!!!!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 136

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola:

You don't like AUTHENTIC BLACK WOMEN telling their stories and experiences---FUCK YOU!!!!

Tonya: I agree 100% with EVERYTHING you've said on this thread and I think that comment sums it all up perfectly. You go girl!

Tony

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 31

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

You are truly a STRONG black woman and that's why I love you so much. You speak the truth no matter who gives a damn. I wish more Black American women were like you. Please stay strong and keep up the good work, because we need your strong voice and spirit in America. God bless you sister.
BlkKing

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 137

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ten years ago, while I was on a journey to understanding racism, I had the opportunity to discuss the topic with a white female friend of mine. During this conversation, I spent most of the time listening because I was so fascinated by what she was saying. My friend started out by telling me about the plight of her people (white people). Her basic complaint was that she (and her people) suffer tremendously from pressure which results from what happened during slavery. Dorothy, my friend, believed that her people was being unfairly judged because they had nothing to do with the carnage and mayhem that their ancestors savagely placed on black people. While describing her frustration, she recounted the infuriation that she endures when blacks accuse her (and her people) of being the villains in something that took place years before she was even born. Her “suffering”, she said, comes from blacks who choose to “whine” about their “alleged persecution”, while they opt to ignore the fact that the real persecution took place long ago. She also exclaimed that what they don’t understand is that when they “nitpick” about their “alleged difficulties” they only end up doing what they seem to love to do, which is to blame white people for everything. Although I disagreed with some of what she said, I figured that it was possible that she had a point. But what I could not fathom was her insistence that black people need to try to find ways to “get along” instead of complaining about their struggles, because, ultimately, the only thing they’re going to do is complicate things for the only race that she believes really matters, “The Human Race”. Also, in her opinion, the “civil rights spectacle”,which black people "insist on calling a movement", was nothing more than an attempt by blacks to manipulate whites into admitting to and feel sorry for their “imaginary struggles”, which, as she stated, is nothing when compared to the real atrocities that people experience worldwide. Again, I was almost certain that she was incorrect, but I wanted to understand her experience and her side of the story.

The defining moment of my effort to understanding her position came only when I decided to incorporate some of the things that are often expressed by some African Americans regarding intra-racism. A great deal of it is virtually identical to what my dear white female friend was describing. Light-skinned people, for example, feel that they’re being blamed, misjudged and scrutinized for being in the position that they are in too. And, coincidentally, they too believe that fighting for one’s right to be represented and survive is nothing more than a way for dark people to make a big deal out of nothing. But what is probably more telling is that, ironically, these same people benefit from the same destruction to Africans And African Americans that my good friend (Dorothy) does. So it was in this context that I began wondering if I should agree and/or even feel sorry for what my friend has been undergoing. Everyday of her life, she gets blamed for something that she has absolutely nothing to do with. How could that be fair? And to make matters worse, black people actually have the nerve to want to interrupt her peaceful existence (as a beneficiary of white supremacy), in order to take on the challenge of becoming someone who is viewed as being equal to her. When you look at it that way, how could you not feel sorry for her? How could I, or anybody for that matter, not understand her pain, her struggles, the fact that she’s being treated unfairly and the possibility that her whiteness, which threatens the survival of others, will no longer give her the comfort that she seeks to prolong? Come on now, shouldn’t I feel remorse and sympathy for her hardships and dilemma? I mean, if I can find it in my heart to comprehend and legitimize the plight of my own light-skinned sistahs and brothas (those of whom I’m expected to agree with, even if they enjoy a lifestyle which threatens to destroy me) shouldn’t I have the same kind of courtesy for my dear white friend too? Since she is my loving, sweet “friend” I should accept her “plight”, just as I am expected to accept the “plight” of my esteemed brothas and sistahs who undoubtedly love me too, right????

FUCKKKALLLLLLLLYALLLL!!!!!!!

And I mean that with ALLLL of the “emotion” and “reverse racism” that one could possibly find within his/her fed-up, tired, weary, exhausted, worn-out, fatigued and out-of-compassioned heart.

Oh, and btw, I told that racist, inconsiderate, white bitch of a “friend” to STEP THE FUCK OFF TOO!

TONYA

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 138

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had to say it twice!

Tonya

Babygirl

Post Number: 89

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You forgot the pictures...it always has more of a dramatic effect, I think....like a still movie...

But as I said, have at it, Kola. I know that if anyone can define our "standards for blackness", that "point of reference" that's so desperately needed, that you can.

And I really think those color-charts will be the key, too. Imagine how much easier it will make your job when you want to segregate, separate and weed out the inferior, the ugly, the too light, too opinionated, not opinionated enough, the too pampered, too doted upon, those who don't have a clue, don't understand, those who don't care or maybe care too much, and those who just don't agree. And think how early you can catch those non-Authentic, not as perfect as Kola's standard colored folks! Out, out, damn spots, out!

And, once you get all of us black American women on board (knowing our place on the Kola color-chart, of course), believing as you do, what a joyous day it will be! Imagine the accolades, the honor, the enamoration of Queen Kola, Universal woman, Supreme! Oh! Imagine the legacy that will be written in history, how the black race was able to determine real blacks from all others thanks to her Highness, Kola Boof! Able to weed out the authentic from the knock-offs! I get so choked up at the thought of it, and just a touch teary-eyed...God, I hope I get reincarnated so I can celebrate Kola Boof Day in the fourth grade! (Tissue to corner of eye for more dramatic effect...maybe a sniffle or two for impact...)

Until then, Kola, I'm going to go do something of actual VALUE. I have now honored "YOUR REALITY by listening", and I'm gonna just "move on to another subject" and just "leave you to deal with YOUR REALITY" all by your lonesome.

But watch how you mix that alchohol and medication. Reality tends to get a touch distorted if you don't get the combo JUST right...I speak from experience...(Lord, someone pass me a stiff drink...my valium is starting to wear off cause I'm sounding Kola-crazy to my own damn self...)

Okay, for real, Kola, I'm done. You're on a mission, girlfriend. Gotta love your passion, but just a little word of advice...don't quit your day job...you're writings are really what need your full attention....

As always, it's been a pleasure, and really, this time, I'm really done 'cause Big Daddy be calling my name...

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 60

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl, I don't know where you must be living.

I understand exactly what Kola is saying. You try to make it like it's no big deal.

We have LITTLE BLACK GIRLS being harrassed in school by BLACK PEOPLE simply for their being BLACK and you say we should be working on other problems?

As I see it, this is one of our biggest problems! In the black community, it's the MOTHER who raises and teaches the children. And we've already turned our daughters (who will be mothers) into someone who's ashamed to be black, who's afraid to have children who look like her, and now we expect her to raise children who will be great leaders? It ain't going to happen.

Children ARE starving because Black men don't want to be bothered with the Black woman's children when they can go and feed a white woman's children.

Women ARE battered because they're trying so hard to hang on to men who are bad for them because they don't have the self esteem to know they can do better.

Men ARE unemployed because of the self esteem of some black women who allow them to sit around doing nothing just so she can hang onto him.

I don't know what dark skinned women go through, but as someone who went to public school, I KNOW that I don't experience the same thing they do. I could go to school every day and not be made fun of for being black by MY OWN people. NOT EVERY BLACK WOMAN can say that.

It's very important that we support dark skinned women in showing they're as beautiful as we are. These aren't "OTHER" women as we so treat them like they are are. These are our sisters, mothers, daughters, aunts, cousins.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have never been more convinced that I don't give a good goddamn about accomodating my envious, vindictive, dark-skinned kin folks. So just rant on. Remember now, don't expend too much energy being indignant because you won't have any left to hate with. I'll miss you when you all get together and secede from the family, but I won't miss you much cuz you're a pain in the ass. ROTFLOL

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And why do I get the feeling that Kola is a great ventriloquist?? And that her allies are a bunch of "dummies"??? Watta farce.

Slow Poke
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LMAO!!!!

Cynique, Kola oughta pay you to come here. Your wisdom are priceless. Maybe it'll sink in to bone-head and the groundbeaters one day.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 09:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Anonymous", you did a good job of lighting up Kola's Room. Kola couldn't have done a better job, herself...you know what I mean? heh-heh.

Babygirl

Post Number: 90

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And Renata, here in lies the problem. The assumption is made that I have no understanding because I don't approach the problem the same way Kola does. That I can't be "living" here seeing and experiencing what REAL black women are going through. That in essence I can't possibly be BLACK, or definitely not BLACK enough.

Well understand, that I am a black woman whose very dark family integrated an all-white neighborhood way back when. I've seen our home vandelized, our property destroyed because we were too black. I attended an all-white school, the only dark child in each and every class. I lost count of the number of days I went home crying because someone called me out of my name. I climbed the corporate ladder playing by rules I didn't agree with, always being passed over for promotions or told I wasn't ready for the responsibility and every other negative thing many other blacks have heard and more. I've been ignored and disregarded and hated and despised, but here is my reality.

A strong, BLACK woman, whose husband abandoned her to fend for own black self and her own black children told me each and every day, that I was BETTER, STRONGER, BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT, and LOVED. When I WHINED and CRYED, she told me to get over myself, to stand up for me and what I knew to be MY truth, that I was better, stronger, beautiful, intelligent, and LOVED. And she also told me that until I believed it, no one else would, but that once I did, not a soul could unravel MY TRUTH, not even the whitest of white men, or the blackest of black women.

I CHOOSE not to whine about how I'm treated because I DEFINE how I will be treated. I don't sit around waiting for respect, I RESPECT myself first. Women of all colors need to learn that lesson: For WE ARE ALL, BETTER, STRONGER, BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT, and LOVED. And until we believe it, we'll still be here calling each other names and arguing over who knows what it means to be real and wondering why no one else can see it.

Babygirl

Post Number: 91

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now, I need me a stiff drink, another pill, and BIG Daddy. Got me preachin' to the Kola-choir of characters. I know I've lost my mind now!

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 61

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't believe this! Light skinned people berating dark skinned people...

And we wonder why black Americans are the lowest in America?

We do it to ourselves, I'm really sad to say this, but it's true!

Envious, VINDICTIVE? Cynnique these aren't OTHER people we're talking about. These are our own family members as well.

What sense would it make to accept the mistreatment of someone else who is black, knowing that this is probably the same mistreatment that my own nieces, cousins, etc. will face.

Also, I denied it before, but now I see that this IS self-hatred!

We berate dark skinned people for not being WHITE enough, as we think we are!

I just have one question: Why is it the BLACKness of a person that's looked down upon?

Why doesn't the light skinned girl with the BIG LIPS (like me) get made fun of for her big lips?

Why doesn't the NAPPY HAIRED girl (like me) get made fun of for nappy hair?

Why don't the fat kids get ridiculed in school? The kids with the glasses? The kids with freckles or acne?

What does it tell us about ourselves that the ONLY thing ridiculed by us BLACK people is BLACK skin?

I don't have much hope for us if this goes on too much longer.

Babygirl

Post Number: 92

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I cannot believe I'm wasting all this grand writing when I need to be making my own deadlines. I could probably use some of this stuff in my next book. (Tissue to corner of eye...reincarnate me in fourth grade...)

And Cynnique, just in case you were wondering if I've actually really lost my mind, I haven't. I just noticed that I'm only a few postings away from PLATINUM status. Couldn't let the opportunity pass me by...

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl, are you saying that Kola is on medication and drinks booze?

I didn't know that.

Well no wonder she's demented!

Her black skin ain't the only thing that's dark I see. LOL

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 62

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl, you got that treatment from WHITE people.

I went to an ALL BLACK SCHOOL and saw the same treatment given to other kids.

I don't care if the white man loves, respects me or whatever. They've taught us for centuries that they don't love us. Them hating us now can't be too much of a shock.

But when a black girl can go to school and feel that BLACK people don't love her, knowing white men don't, who can she say loves her?

You feel as you do because your mother, A BLACK woman, told you that you were loved. Now imagine if your mother were much lighter than you and you were something to be ashamed of, someone to put skin bleaching cream on, someone who's told not to play outside, someone who's hair is straightened, etc.

The hate you got, you got from white people. But you did get love from your own people. Your people loved you, and you knew you were worth something to SOMEONE.

But to kids who are ridiculed, if their own people don't love them, who does?

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 139

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:18 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reneta,

The funny thing about this "Babygirl" person is that she keeps describing a situation that already exist. We're already color coding people which is why darker skinned blacks are being left out in the first place. The more I read her arguements the more I wonder if she's really serious. I keep waiting for her to give the punch-line. I swear I ain't bullshiting. I'm waiting for her to say: sike! I'm just messing with yall!!

Funny as shit!

Tonya

Babygirl

Post Number: 93

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now, Kola, Little Lord Fauntleroy, won't make the Kola-color chart. Unless of course he starts rapping in tongues, but then that big head and them ears might be an issue. But maybe we should tattoo, "White Male" on his forehead, just to be sure no one makes the mistake of thinking he's mixed or half or anything. Wouldn't want any coffee, sable, sisters creaming down the Kola-color line any.(God, I crack myself up!)

So, how's the book coming?

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a single Dark skinned woman who doesn't whine about being dark all day long?

Maybe that's the reason that some people think light skinned women are prettier. You don't see us whining and bitching with an attitude all day long. It gets old.

And I don't care what Bola Koof has to say, I am just as authentic as the next woman. My skin may be lite brite and my hair wavy but I get called nigger just like the darkest creature.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 446

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BABYGIRL:

Bitch!

Cynique and Slow Poke

Yawn

Babygirl

Post Number: 94

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you're so right, Renata, about where I got ALL my hate and ALL my love from. 'Cause it surely wasn't like the BLACK kids (when forced integration too effect) "hated" my "talking white", "think she special", "cracker-lovin'" black behind. It's not like one BLACK kid called me OREO because I was smarter than the white kids, pulled my hair, refused to play with me or told me I was full of myself because I didn't ride the bus home from school. I was just SO LOVED by my own. The warm and fuzzy memories are almost too much to bear...Heaven help us that anyone may have had to endure the hostility from both sides of the color-spectrum. That couldn't possibly be MY experience. To have walked in both worlds and be told you don't REALLY belong to either 'cause you ain't REAL...

Babygirl

Post Number: 95

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, girl, I'm almost there. I can SEE the PLATINUM.

What? No images of moi? I'm particularly fond of the one where you presume I can shove my head up my ass. Lord, if I could bend that way, I'd really be able to throw a little somethin'-somethin' on Big Daddy!

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 447

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BABYGIRL

Bitch

Babygirl

Post Number: 96

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way, did I tell you I really like the title of your book - The Sexy Part of the Bible.

I really do.

So, read any good books lately?

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 63

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sadly......At my school you wouldn't have been called nigger unless you were dark skinned.

Why do darker skinned women feel angry?

Toni Morrison said in an interview that the reason she wrote "The Bluest Eye" is because she went to an ALL BLACK school and there was one girl who was sad and shy and wanted so badly to be light skinned because OTHER KIDS MADE FUN OF HER, and she (Toni) was so sad about it because she thought that girl was the prettiest girl she had ever seen.

It's not about fitting in with white people that dark skinned people want. Like I said before, white man has taught us for centuries that he hates us, so there should be NO SHOCK if he calls us nigger and says he hates us.

(I'm assuming) What they really want is to be accepted by their own people.

I would be angry too if my skin color made me not liked by MY OWN PEOPLE.

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 64

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know why, but I'm so convinced that I must have been African in a past life.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 449

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I'm reading one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS---Pearl Cleage.

Who would kill us all if she knew what stupid brats we're acting like.

But you light girls wanted to pick a fight.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 450

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's called MAD AT MILES

Well...that's the chapter

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 451

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RENATA...everyone on this board was and IS and will ALWAYS BE "African".

You are part...of the unkillable.

It's in you.

Black Americans are made from the blood of 200 African tribes.

By BLood--a Black American is more African than most Africans!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 140

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reneta said:

(I'm assuming) What they really want is to be accepted by their own people.

Tonya:You are absolutely right. That's exactly what we want.

Also, your lost few posts to "Babygirl" are 100% correct

Tonya

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 452

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:42 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remember that ALLLLL people from African stock

...black, yellow, red, brown, charcoal, yam, tea

are all part of the "bloodberry".

Our mother is the Goddess Africa, the Kiss of God's Wife, Aithiop...the first/the unkillable.

We are the AFRICANS.

Babygirl

Post Number: 97

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous, alchohol is NOT Kola's friend. But if I say too much, the DELETE fairy will push that magical button and my more worthwhile writings will simply disappear into Never-never Land...

Cynnique, have you ever been deleted? I figured I must have REALLY hit a nerve. But the truth does that sometimes.

Oh, what the hey. Kola, is most colorful on those weekend nights when she's returned from the land of the river, where the breadth of her bosom has been baptized by the sky's above and that cold California water. When she takes just a "sip" of elixir and someone (usually me) asks a question which requires a factual answer that can actually be validated and confirmed by a third party and Kola has been assuaged by that high combustion joy juice, then the pictures with appropriate epithets fly...

But me and Kola, we be cool like that. Ain't that right, girlfriend?

Babygirl

Post Number: 98

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, I absolutely LOVE, Pearl Cleage and you're right, she'd probably not be at all happy about our behavior. Let's discuss Mad at Miles when you're finished. I would love to know what you thought.

And then you never know, Kola. She may be witness to every word of it...We don't know who lurks under what guises on this board...

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 453

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And remember that in Africa....being "Black" and being "African" are two completely different things.

Africans will sometimes have different colors in their family---chocolate people with a Yam yellow son, a RedSkin Oromo Uncle and a charcoal daughter. Though they are not all "black"---they are all AFRICAN.

African hair (nappy) is what makes you truly BLACK to the Africans. Color is secondary--then facial features.

Redd Foxx and Toni Morrison would be PURE Blacks in Southern African.

That is our system.

We call it by what it is. A Yellowish African woman will not like you calling her black----but her charcoal daughter, she will say, is "Black and beautiful."

The daughter will say of her mother, "My mother is YamYam." (meaning yellow)

If a baby is Half European and Half African--then the village will say the child is "Half-Caste".

But the child is STILL AFRICAN.

Do you see?

It has NOTHING TO DO...with REJECTING, which is how Black Americans see it, because they don't LISTEN--they're too busy trying to force their slave master's evil system on the rest of us.

Babygirl

Post Number: 99

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am almost there....about to change my color status...

I want to be Platinum...I want to be Platinum...

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 454

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's not a lot to discuss.

I agree with Pearl 100%

And she's defending Cicely, too!

I love Pearl Cleage.

She is one of the reasons that I'm a feminist. I consider her one of my mother figures, along with Alice Walker, Gloria Naylor, Nawal El Sadaawi, Mari Evans and Toni Morrison and others.

Babygirl

Post Number: 100

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola girl, you've got me on such a roll, that I'm gonna go write some myself before I go to bed tonight. Can't waste but so much of this energy...

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 455

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 10:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, actually, Babygirl...

I havent' been to the river in weeks, because I've been very ill, unable to do my walks for lack of energy and very pressured to get my new novel done.

I also have two very young sons who require an enormous amount of attention---luckily their father is a wonderful man and has been here constantly.

And I haven't been able to drink (nor have I wanted to) and I don't take medication of any kind.

I am having terrible physical problems and nothing is annoying me more than having to come back to a fight on the board.

I had tried so hard to get away from all these subjects.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 456

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Babygirl...fuck you, too.

Hee hee..haw haw

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 101

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola: There's not a lot to discuss. I agree with Pearl 100%.

Now see, there you go again, assuming that there is not alot to discuss because YOU agree with Pearl. Perhaps there might have been need of a discussion because I or someone else DIDN'T?

And NOT to say that's a fact, but just to point out that ther is always ROOM for discussion, if only to allow others to hear your opinion of something you may have shared between you. Because I adore Pearl and LOVE her writings.

And now, my mission has indeed been accomplished. I have attained PLATINUM status. Thank you, thank you, thank you. (waving, fingers, palm, wrist, fingers, palm, wrist)

And Kola, as always, I have been enlightened, insulted, annoyed, amused and a bevy of other emotions too numerous to name. And I have you and all the others who occupy your space to thank for it.

Have a good night. Stay safe and blessed.

Babygirl: Big Daddy, come see how Kola says I can bend this here big ol' butt! Let me show you a little somethin'-somethin'!

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 457

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh now careful, Babygirl.

You don't want BigDaddy to see too much of Kola.

But of course, you rely on your whiteness to take care of THOSE worries.

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 65

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know we're all African, and it's for this reason that I refuse to let colorism cloud my mind against African people.

And because I know that I'm African I get even angrier at this light skinned/dark skinned crap.

Whatever you are, there's no denying we're BLACK, however much melanin we have.

What would I truly be saying about MYSELF if it's the BLACK that I was disgusted with?

What does it say about my accepting the ways of people who enslaved and mistreated us if it's LIGHTER skin that I prefer?

And wouldn't I prove myself to be the NEW white supremacist if I looked down on the same thing the white man lynched us for?

This is what Black AMerica doesn't get...... The white supremacists have taught us to fight for him. They no longer have to tell us white is better, we're telling ourselves. They no longer have to tell us that having some white blood is better than being a full black, we're telling ourselves.

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 102

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I LOVE YOU TOO, KOLA!

Hey, Big Daddy! Kola say's I'm white! How we gone get all this here color off my big ol' butt?

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 460

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nite, Nite RUSTANG. And here's a kiss for you.

Mmmwwwaa!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 141

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reneta,

I'm not the darkest of dark-skinned females and according to my physical features (both face and body) it's possible that I may not be considered
as authentic as some of them. But I still think that the MOST AUTHENTIC ones should be the people to represent our beauty and who we are as African Americans. when I go to see a movie I'm not wishing to see a black woman who look like me, I'm hoping to see one who look like my sister who is more authentic looking. What I find, however, is that when dark-skinned women are finally featured on TV or in movies they tend to look more like me than my sister. This bothers me and I don't understand how most light-skinned women are not as irritated as I am about colorism. I know some of them say that they care about colorism, but I don't see enough of them reacting as passionately as one would expect. This is honestly what infuriates me about some light-skinned women. And I truely see many of them as heartless. It's not that I don't like them and it has nothing to do with black men, it's because I don't understand and respect many of them. Like I said, I'm not as affected by colorism as some dark-skinned women, but I still want to do all I can to eliminate it. I think that all black women should feel that way, but the truth is that they don't.

Tonya

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 32

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:38 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

I had no idea that someone such as Redd Foxx, would be considered pure black in Africa. Redd has Cherokee Indian ancestry. Do Africans see ALL light, brown and dark skinned Black Americans as Africans? If you have any friends from Africa living in America, i am so curious to know what type of discussions they have about Black Americans. What do they say about us, do they hate or dislike us?

Kola

Post Number: 2015

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:01 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Black American King---

I'm sorry...I meant to say that there are Pure AFRICANS (not blacks, but Pure Africans) who look like Redd Foxx.

I didn't mean Foxx himself. But in the Xosha and Zulu tribes, you have PURE AFRICANS who look like Redd Foxx and Toni Morrison. They would not be called "black".

All of my African friends (and I have many) have to love and care about AAs---otherwise, I will not be their friend.

I am very much like a Black American.

Most of them do for a lot of different reasons.

Senegalese, Ghanians and other West Africans...obviously....have the most love and affection for Black Americans---but they also are ignorant about your history and they make assumptions and judgements out of that ignorance. Some of them---because Black Americans reject West African looks----do not socialize with Black Americans out of fear of having their feelings hurt.

For instance, a Black American will jokingly say--"Damn, you got a big ass nose and lips"---but the African person will be crushed. So they try to avoid that and usually befriend only the most African-looking Black Americans.

But I have many problems with the Upper Class ELITE Africans---they are snobs.

And I have trouble with the Mixed Race Africans as you've witnessed with Somali Boy.

Ethiopians, Somalis and Egyptians, who have a large population here in L.A. area---by nature---PUT DOWN Black Americans for two reasons (1) You are West African--whom they hate. (2) You were once slaves.

Black African women usually talk about how sexy Black American men are---but we consider them to be very colorstruck and self-hating and usually we do not speak to them for that reason. Also, the Black American man, in general, will only hit on the Ethiopian woman (who, because she is not Negro but Nilotic--regards him as a "nigger", beneath her). But Black Americans WORSHIP Ethiopians!

Black African women also have very deep "sentimental" feelings towards Black Americans---they see them as their "lost baby", and they talk lovingly about Black Americans in private. They identify with Black Americans and feel protective and connected to them.

Back in Africa---you have a lot of young Africans who are jealous of Black Americans, because the Old Women Elders cry and moan about their "lost babies"--the Black Americans, Jamaicans,etc.---so the African youth are sometime sick of hearing about this "lost baby" who was stolen away.

Black African MALES are not "sentimental" like the women are---therefore most of them really dont' give a damn one way or the other about knowing the Black Americans. They just want to make a lot of money in America (and some hope to marry White---but will keep a Black wife back in Africa to insure the birth of Black Sons). If they don't marry white, then they want to marry a Black American girl and convert her to African. The really CONSCIOUS ONES, will only marry African....but almost ALL of them want to have more than one wife.

Which is why I don't get involved with African men.

My children's father is from Central America, Belize. He is a pure blood Garifuna (they came from Mali in the 1700's and escaped slave ships to form Belize). He is a very sexist, dominant man---but he is the great love of my life. He is an excellent father and taught me how to love. He is my Master.

We are not together anymore, but I respect him as a Great King. He is a good, good man.

KOla

Kola

Post Number: 2017

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:18 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 161

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:23 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Renata’s strong lines: 1. But when a black girl can go to school and feel that BLACK people
don't love her, knowing white men don't, who can she say loves her?

This is what Black AMerica doesn't get...... The white supremacists
have taught us to fight for him. They no longer have to tell us white
is better, we're telling ourselves. They no longer have to tell us
that having some white blood is better than being a full black, we're
telling ourselves.

To Renata: Girl, this is the truth the black man needs to pay attention to. You are 100% right about this one.

Who will love the black child in this world, who????

Yes, the white people turned us into their robots of “make fun of your people”. It is killing me and I want it to stop.

Girl, preach on and tell the world exactly how you feel!

BlkAmerican King,

I am from Africa and sometimes I have to take a second look at a black celebrity to really see if they are black or white.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 33

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:35 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Thank you so much for the info. I think it is very ignorant for Ethiopians, Somalians and Egyptians to dislike African Americans, for being from West African descent and descendant of slaves. I think that might have something to do with Islam. It's nice to know that African women think Black American men are sexy. You are right about Black American men being color struck, but i am not one who is color struck. I was in a chatroom and some Africans were saying that they are afraid of Black Americans, i thought that was so funny but also sad. I think Africans and blacks in America need to talk and get to know each other.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 462

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:38 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Black King,

Your name is TOOO LONG.

I have to make up a nickname to call you by.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 463

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 01:43 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not all Ethiopians, Somalis and Egyptians are bad.

I love IMAN's autobiography. She is a wonderful person.

There's also a handsome Ethiopian journalist who has been trying to date me, and he's very kind.

And I get my makeup done by a Beautiful Arab Egyptian girl who is very Whitish-looking, but then again black looking...and she is very sweet and kind.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 34

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 02:07 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

You can call me anything that makes you happy. Please don't get upset but, i don't care too much for Iman, since she married David Bowie. It seems that Somalians and Ethiopians are quick to marry a white person, than marry another black person, but i could be wrong.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 35

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 02:16 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen,

I understand what u mean by trying to figure out if some black celebrities are black or white, especially the ones who wear those stupid blonde weaves. It makes me sick. A few months ago, i saw a female with blonde hair walking qite a few feet in front of me. As i got closer enough to see her face, she was a black lady with a blonde weave. I seriously wanted to tell her that she needed to take off that blonde weave. I have nothing against black women who wear weaves, but please stop wearing blonde weaves.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 115

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 09:26 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola:

--If a baby is Half European and Half African--then the village will say the child is "Half-Caste".

But the child is STILL AFRICAN.--

I like that philosophy alot. :-)

I just like to add that the fact that black people except a mixed child (or an non-black child) as their own is what makes me feel that we are one the most humane people on earth. Any blacks that quickly reject people based on their color have clearly fallen for imperialism's tricks.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 116

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 09:30 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola:
But don't get me wrong on everyting else you said on this board. Ilike those other philosohies too. i jus have nothing to add. you said enough for the both of us.:-)

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 142

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 02:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roxie,

White people say that black people are blaming and attacking them but they only do this because they refuse to acknowledge the truth about white supremacy. Most of us know that whites are as victimized by white supremacy as blacks are, and we also know that they benefit from it as well. Many of us know that whites are not “the devil” or anything along those lines. We also know that it is absurd to blame a living white person for what happened to our ancestors. Furthermore, we don’t blame them for all of our current struggles, because that too is nonsense. But still, when the issue of white supremacy arises, white people choose to imply that blacks are blaming them for the past. Instead of admitting to it, they become defensive so they don't have to deal with it.They are protecting their way of life.

When it comes to black people and colorism, the same thing is happening. Some blacks are saying that they are being blamed and attacked, but what's really happening is that they don’t want to acknowledge colorism.The sad thing about blacks who choose to do this is that they know better. They know that some of our past and current struggles are the result of white people's refusal to acknowledge white supremacy. But, like white people, they are well aware that they benefit from colorism, so they don’t want it to be interrupted.

Tonya

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 03:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats on attaining platinum status, Babygirl. And in answer to you query, yes, I have been deleted a couple of times.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 118

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 08:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya,
I actually had to end a friendship after we argued about why my single mother had to work two jobs to pay my school tuition while her dad could support her,her homemaker mother,plus the tuition on ONE income. Despite both being pediatricians the reason was clear:her dad was white and male, my mom was black and female. Trust me Tonya, I know the reality, and I know how some can refuse to see the truth.

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 66

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 09:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, to interrupt....I don't know how to start a new thread. Just want to say that I will be out of town for about 2 and half weeks. I hope to talk to you all when I get back.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 145

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 09:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have Fun, Reneta!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 162

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 03:17 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous: This shit that you wrote don't make any sense. You are so busy trying
to be a guard dog for the Oracle Kola that you are rambling.

You're the crazy one that is delusional enough to call yourself a
"queen" but at the same time you're jealous of the light skinned
"peasant".

Girl, Give it up! LOL.

Me: Girl, you don't even know wether I was playing around when I came up with this screen name "African Queen" or just needed a name. You continue to guess shit, it ain't hurtin me, but you.

To tell you the truth, I am not jealous of nobody light skin, I have told you this before. I deserve to get the same attention everyone else in this world gets wether you like it or not. And I'm not going to sit here and cry for one, I will speak the fuck out.

Your light ass can lightenned up more, I will not care, you do what you gota do, you be what God made you to be and I will do the same for me. YOU, IN MY BOOK, ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LET ME DOWN JUST BECAUSE I AM DARKER THAN YOU. I AM JUST AS GOOD, JUST AS HUMAN AND DESERVE THE SAME AS ANYONE ELSE.

And I am here for Kola, 24/7 wether you like it or not!!! Kola Boof, way to STAY REAL and NOT INVISIBLE sister, I LOVE YOU AND WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!!!

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 121

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 09:45 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl:
--Heaven help us that anyone may have had to endure the hostility from both sides of the color-spectrum. That couldn't possibly be MY experience. To have walked in both worlds and be told you don't REALLY belong to either 'cause you ain't REAL...--

Babygirl I think I can ...

I also speak the king's english and grew up in the middle class since infancy. Where I live if a black person did not have a broad nose or full lips she/he "must be mixed". My features are defined, and since no one had ever seen my father, they assumed that my father was either indian or philipino or something. I became the victim of ridicule and harrasment.It wasn't any better with some of my relatives. My only true family was my mother and my two cousins(even the light-skinned one whom I mentioned a million times on this board.)

Then after being convinced by a hairdresser that one could only have long hair by mixing black with white, I started my own crusade against half-white girls. After finally gaining the courage to fire my hairdresser, I grew out my relaxer and learned that my hairdresser was WRONG in saying that going natural would damage my hair.
Since then I've learned to love my appearance the way it is, and I've got a nice 'fro to show at that.

So to be honest, from middle to high school, I been both the victim and the tormentor and I understand both sides of the issue. That's why I refuse to take sides on the color issue. But I can understand your experience a bit , Babygirl.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 147

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 10:02 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen???

girl, I almost fell off my chair!!! I didn't know you could go there! But that's what's uppp!!! Keep puttin yo thang down, girl!!!

Tonya

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This thread gives a little insight into the psyche of black women, and maybe one of the reasons "nobody likes black women" is because they are so - querulous!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 149

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, Cynnique....guess what? you can put your thing down, too!

Happy Now?

Tonya

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You are not empowered to make me happy, "Tonya". Now go back to bitchin. Hands on hips, neck out of joint, eyes on a roll, - ready, set, go! Wah-wah-wah!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 150

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You seem to be prejudiced towards women of my type (ghetto-black). Did we do something to you, or could that be jealousy that I'm hearing???

Come on....don't be shy, what is it?

Tonya

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 01:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I won't even validate your tired ol question with a reply. A privilege that comes with age. BTW, I'm retired, and come to this board to avoid doing the dishes or vacuuming. Do you have a job? Why do you have so much free time? You must be on welfare, "black ghetto girl".

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 152

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 01:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I knew you would reply!!!

That's what I love about you, old-head! Eventhough you're about to kick the bucket, you have enough spunk in you to keep a welfare-queen on her knees dying laughing!!!

Keep up the good work, old yeller!!

Tonya

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 01:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any time, Kola. (You need to expand Tonya's resume to include a job to prove that she's not a stereoptypical welfare recipient, but a strong, independent black woman cut from the same kinta cloth as her idol Kola Boof.) By the way, I glad that "Tonya clone" Renata has been laid to rest. File her character away as a repetitious mouthpiece.) zzzzzz

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 153

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 01:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OH, MANNN!!!

That's not fun.

I want you to play with me, not Kola.

Come back, Nique Nique....come backkk!!!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 163

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 02:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Tonya, I said it from the heart, it's real and I meant it, lol. If Anonymous comes around here again with the color bullshit, I will voice my opinion exactly as the truth shows and the truth always prevails.

Cynnique: This thread gives a little insight into the psyche of black women, and maybe one of the reasons "nobody likes black women" is because they are so - querulous!

Me: Well Cynnique, no human is querulous for no reason. But here, I'm not complaining, IT IS THE DAMN TRUTH.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 165

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 03:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous: All she did was admit that she is not the African Queen she want
others to think she is by saying:

"you don't even know wether I was playing around when I came up with
this screen name "African Queen" or just needed a name"

Me: LMFAO. You are exactly CORRECT. I want people to "think" I AM THE AFRICAN QUEEN BECAUSE I LOVE MY GOD GIVEN AFRICAN SKIN COLOR AND MY AFRICAN PEOPLE SWEETHEART ;)

It is ok to play around with names ya KNOW. I could have called myself "the black American president" if I wanted to ;)

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 12:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Renata:

>>We have LITTLE BLACK GIRLS being harrassed in school by BLACK PEOPLE simply for their being BLACK and you say we should be working on other problems?>>

There are actually kids of all complexions that are being harrassed for a variety of petty reasons. Some who are light skinned may be called names for having light skin.

>>It's very important that we support dark skinned women in showing they're as beautiful as we are. These aren't "OTHER" women as we so treat them like they are are. These are our sisters, mothers, daughters, aunts, cousins.>>

Do you think dark skinned women need the support from other women?

How will that help and how do you think such support should be carried out?

Personally, I don't think the support of other (non-dark skinned) women will do any good.

I think getting the attention of black men is really the issue.

Some dark skinned women feel that they don't get as much attention from black men as light skinned women.

So....support from us, is really not the issue.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 12:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl:

The author made a great point about the absence of coverage of missing black women.

There was a missing pregnant girl from Philly (who was light skinned and pretty) who almost got NO coverage.

There is also another missing girl (I forgot where she was from) who was light skinned as well who also got little coverage. The only reason she got any coverage is because she had a white girlfriend (or some other association) who went to the news media.

So again....this just shows that light skin does not mean paradise for black women.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 174

Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 04:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

You are right. I don't need any support from other women, they can't do shit. I support my damn self and that's real.

That's what all black women, light skinned women, white women, hispanic, etc should do!

Life just ain't perfect, I learned that from the minute I started experiencing RACISM, War, Terrorism, etc..

In this world, we are all alone. And as a woman, as an individual, I will fight for my rights. Of course I will use the law book to guide me, and hire a lawyer, find all these tools to fight for my right. Everybody deserves a place in this world and that's real.

As of a missing light skinned sister... I would agree that nobody gives a shit. If they don't got blonde hair and blue eyes, green, etc.. nobody gives a shit about a missing black chick. White folks in this country can care less about a missing colored girl.

And so, I am speaking for these disgusting racist issues that break my heart into pieces. It is just not fair.

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 06:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Black sisters: God loves you. I hope that we can start to show each other the same love and respect. We don't get it from anywhere else, so we should at least show it to each other. Name calling and belittling each other has got to stop. Remember, our sons and daughters are watching and listening to us. If we want more self love, then we have to love ourselves. If our kids hear and see us loving ourselves, they will emulate this behaviour and love and respect their own kind. Now is the time to start.

EMINEM
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 02:06 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

EMINEM circa 1993

Track 1
There’s so many styles I might get thrown
And here’s the place where I like to roam
And all the girls that I like to bone
Have the big butts, no they don’t
‘Cause I don’t like that nigger @#%$
I’m just here to make a bigger hit
When I be kickin the hypest, dopest rhyme
Just say that Eminem is the best MC of all times…Yeah!
I’m running out of breath so here’s Chaos Kid with the flow of death

Track 2
I seen a Black girlfriend and I kissed her
I kissed her; I placed it on her cheek
And she didn’t come back til next week

Now it was next week and she was back again
Wanting to kiss a white kid
So she was my girlfriend, we started going out
But that’s okay because we were Black and white
Blacks and whites they sometimes mix
But Black girls only want your money cause they’re dumb chicks
So I’ma say like this
Don’t date a Black girl, take it as a diss
If you want, but if you don’t
I’ma tell you like this, I surely won’t
Never date a Black girl because Blacks only want your money
And that @#%$ aint funny

So I’ma say look honey
Why do you do this?
You know, you step up to me like you a Brutus
Then you try to grab my spinach
Because its green and that’s cash
So get outta here, ’cause I don’t need your ass
I said that before, but that’s okay because like I said you’re a whore
Black girls and white girls just don’t mix
Because Black girls are dumb and white girls are good chicks
White girls are good; I like white girls
I like white girls all over the world
White girls are fine and they blow my mind
And that’s why I’m here now telling you this rhyme
’Cause Black girls, I really don’t like
We don’t mix, it’s like riding a bike
When you’re peddling hard, uphill both ways
You know it’s kinda hard and that’s why I say to you
I’m giving you a little advice
Don’t date a Black girl, if you do it once you won’t do it twice
You won’t ever do it again because they’ll take your money
And that aint funny
So I’ma say look honey
I thought he said that before
But like I said again you’re nothing but a big whore
So when mike catch on the bass line
That’s okay ‘cause we will not just waste time

I’ll get straight to the point
Black girls are bitches, that’s why I’ma tell ya you better pull up your britches
‘Cause all that cash is making your ass drag
From the boyfriend ya ganked and that’s pretty bad
I mean that’s pretty sad when ya dating a Black guy
And then you turn around a @#%$ another big, Black guy
Now that’s pretty wrong, but you’re just ganking
But that’s okay because you need a @#%$ spanking
From me, the funky Eminem
I’m busting rhymes and I’m swallowing phlegm
I’m busting a freestyle just like this
I say swallowing phlegm and Howard gets pissed
But when Howard gets pissed that’s okay
Because he leaves and he doesn’t show up for two more days
So I’ll just worry about that problem when I come to it
I cross that bridge when I come to it

Because, I forgot the chorus
But that’s okay ’cause y’all saying bust a rhyme for us
So I’ma bust another rhyme about this Black girl
She turned out to be a @#%$ wack girl
A wack girl, because Black girls ain’t funny
All they want is your @#%$ money
They take you for everything you got
And then you stand with a bunch of snot in your hand
So I’ma kick it to you just like this
How does the chorus go, I forgot
But that’s okay, ’cause I’ma tell you in stride
I’ma say oh foolish pride

Oh foolish pride, oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride
oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride; oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride
oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride; oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride
oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride; oh, oh, oh
Date a white girl, ’cause they got the raw hide…

Mony
Newbie Poster
Username: Mony

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 06:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're point is?

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 05:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Black woman hater,

The more u hate me, the stonger I get.

Eminem muh ass...please you can't even handle a woman with no ass.

You don't even got respect for your women, and especially not your own mother, biotch shut the hell up already !

Oh and btw, Britney Spears said to tell you that you need to become real and stop pretending to be straight when you're really gay..

Yes, you said, "AM CLEANING OUT MUH CLOSET, THAT'S RIGHT I AM GAY!"

Just shut da fuck up aready !

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com