Be Honest---Kola Boof.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Be Honest---Kola Boof.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 02:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all:

I have been reading this board and I have come to the conclusion that Kola Boof is really suffering because she wants light skin.

She is jealous of women who are fair and especially the ones who are light and pretty.

She has a way of double talking and talking all of this black power crap, while admitting on this board that she herself said that she would date a white man!!!

She's hurt because I am sure she wishes to look like Beyonce, Halle Berry, and all of the other light chicks that are universally appealing to ALL men and held as an object of beauty.

Who is she fooling?

Pity
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 02:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you seen Kola Boof's video documentary?

I think it's obvious that Kola really does believe that she's more beautiful than Beyonce and Halle Berry, in fact, she sees them as "corrupted" by whiteness. Kola is an African and doesn't come from slave groups of people, so I see her the opposite.

She thinks she's more beautiful and superior.

Have you read any of her books?

It doesn't seem like it.

You really can't comment on who Kola Boof is until you've read her books, because some of your comments don't make sense. For instance, it's clear from her books that her position on interracial dating is very complex.

She's not against it. She just believes most black people enter it to aquire white blood traits and she's right.

I was here in the 1960's when people accused Malcolm X and Dr. King of being "jealous" of White men's superior intelligence and so forth. You sound like that.

Trust me, Kola looks at Halle and Beyonce with "pity".

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 02:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pity??? yea right.

Slow Poke
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 02:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gotta vote with Pity.

I don't think you could PAY Kola Boof to look like Halle or Beyonce.

Isn't Kola friends with Halle Berry? She seems to really like Halle a lot.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 03:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pity??? oh, ok (wink, wink).

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 03:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You guys are being fooled. Kola Boof is always harping about white women. I wonder why? I don't give two shiyz about a white women. You know why?

Because I am not interested in white men.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 03:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But then there you have not just white women, you also have black women who have light skin who are the "next" best thing (if you think like Kola) so naturally you will have the same seniment toward those women as well.

Wake up people.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 150

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 04:10 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This message goes to the first Anonymous: Get over yourself !

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 04:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Get over myself????

What does that have to do with the thread topic?

Get you head outta women's butts. The air is fresh out here.

Nadine Holden
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 05:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous--

I don't think it's a matter of us having to wake up.

It's simply that a lot of black women happen to share Kola Boof's views, whether those views are non-inclusive of white women and "black" women who look like white women or not. She speaks for a lot of people whose voices have not traditionally been allowed to be heard from.

I think that it's women like yourself, very light skinned, white etc. who have to wake up and see that darker women are tired of being represented by you. They wish to represent themselves. Kola gives them that opportunity and isn't polite about it.

I would say that Kola Boof is certainly a breath of fresh air. I'm reading her book, "Long Train to the Redeeming Sin" right now and it's like nothing I've ever read before. In her book, black women truly are beautiful, not for looking like white women, but for being black.

It's time.

Audrey's Man
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 05:40 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My wife and I were talking about it this afternoon and it's like you can tell the real black people from the slaves by seeing who understands Kola's work and who doesn't.

The real black folks understand Kola and they identify with her message, even the lightskinned ones. I notice that light folk who are really down with black, don't mind getting blacker and Kola doesn't bother them.

It's the sell outs darkies and the lights who are used to being special treatment that can't identify.

Keep up the good work Kola Boof!

Anonymous

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Audrey's Man:

>>I notice that light folk who are really down with black, don't mind getting blacker and Kola doesn't bother them.>>

I notice that skin color does not make someone more black or less black.

I notice that the biggest sell-outs have dreads and are dark skinned and sport african cloth outfits.

I notice that it is impossible for a person to become "more" blacker by reading books.

I notice that light skinned blacks did not ask for their light skin, or other attributes that may be present such as curly hair, light eyes, etc.

I notice that the "blacker" proud dark skinned women talk a lot of crap about feeling sorry for the kind of woman mentioned above but are full of it...they would not mind being what is held by many as being beautiful.

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know who this Anonymous fool is.

I haven't seen Kola attacking any "pretty" women for being lightskinned or white for that matter.

She highlights the fact that those women benefit from White supremacy, which is a FACT. Whether they want to or not, this is a Eurocentric value system.

The answer is not to attack Kola just because she's telling the truth and speaking up for the Black Woman.

High yellow and biracial women are not even black if you ask me.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie:

>>High yellow and biracial women are not even black if you ask me.>>

And what constitues black to you?

Being blue black?
Having course hair?
Having a wide nose?

Or talking a lot of bs?

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous wrote:

I notice that the "blacker" proud dark skinned women talk a lot of crap about feeling sorry for the kind of woman mentioned above but are full of it...they would not mind being what is held by many as being beautiful.

OK yall. Now we know whats up.

This another sniveling yellow brite woman who came in here to accuse dark women of doing the very thing she has been doing since she got here.

She wants to ridicule and attack dark black women for standing up for themselves.

Fact is, she is jealous because she's not a real black woman and notice how she pretends that only light skin women can be pretty.

Last time I looked, the world was full of beautiful dark black women in many shades. Prejudice against black skin however is a major reality going back to before slavery. Our ancestors were hated for their black skin, which is why so many of them wanted to be light skinned. But it's a lie that light skin is prettier than dark.

I prefer black beauty myself, so "Anonymous" can hang it up.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie:

First off: I have never accused a dark skinned woman of not being pretty or desired or loved or whatever.

Second off: I've never ridiculed dark black women.

Third off: I'm not jealous of anyone, never have been, never will be. I am VERY comfortable with my looks.

Fourth off: I agree with you that beautiful come in all shades.

But why should a light skinned black person have to feel bad about being something she had nothing to do with?

It's just like being fat vs. being skinny...everybody can sit and talk openly about someone being too skinny. but heaven help you if you openly call someone a fat ass.

That's how it is (somewhat) with color, it's like being light skinned don't make you pretty and being dark skinned don't either, BUT HEAVEN HELP YOU IF YOU ARE LIGHT SKINNED AND CALL SOMEONE DARK SKINNED BUSTED, EVEN IF THEY ARE (and it doesn't have to have anything to do with color).

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 06:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And just for the record. when I said this:

>>they would not mind being what is held by many as being beautiful>>

That's exactly what I mean.

It's not an insult. I am not saying that a dark skinned woman wants to be lighter or white but that she probably wouldn't mind the script being flipped.

What women wouldn't?

Blkamericanking
Newbie Poster
Username: Blkamericanking

Post Number: 21

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 07:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As far as i am concerned, light skinned blacks are a part of the black race. There are light skinned blacks who feel they are just as black as any dark skinned black. You all have to understand that there are Europeans with African blood and black people who obviously have European blood. There are millions of Southern Europeans with dark skin, but they consider themselves just as white or European as any pale white person, so light skinned blacks should be allowed to see themselves as black. We have to be very careful when we say negative things about light skinned blacks, because it could lead to division between us as a people.

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 07:43 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous, if you so comfortable with your looks--

why did you come in here and claim that Kola is jealous of Halle Berry and Beyonce's looks?

I happen to think Kola is very beautiful woman her damned self and she is dark skinned.

She is friends with Halle Berry and always praise Halle's beauty. So why did you do that?

Hell, Kola is damned near SuperWoman, so I don't see why she should be jealous of any woman and I never got that from her work. She is taking up for darker skinned sistas, because naturally being African she relate to them better. And we need it.

Where she come from, light skin don't consider themselves black. I've heard many Africans say that not just Kola.

You want to attack Kola and claim she is not pretty as Beyonce and Halle--Kola looks BETTER IMO! Her books tell it like it is for dark women.

Light women don't like it, TOUGH!

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 07:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blkamericanking:

Where do you get off talking sense?

Now you know that a light skinned woman should not be clasified as black because she ain't got blue black skin, may not have course hair, etc.

Personally, I don't see where (mainly dark skined women) are coming from when they say that light skinned and bi-racial people should not be considered black.

How will it help? You'd just have a lot of "interracial" dating and marriages, that's all.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 07:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie:

>>Where she come from, light skin don't consider themselves black. I've heard many Africans say that not just Kola.>>

Guess what? This ain't Africa. Light skinned folks in America by and large consider themselves black!!

Like I said before, I know more dark skinned sell-outs than light skinned ones.

>>You want to attack Kola and claim she is not pretty as Beyonce and Halle--Kola looks BETTER IMO! Her books tell it like it is for dark women.>>

Ok, I get it. Kola can feel "sorry" for people like Beyonce and all of the other light skinned "half breeds", but I can't say what I said about her being jealous.

>>Light women don't like it, TOUGH!>>

At the end of the day, it really ain't going to change the way folks preference is one way or the other.

Some men/women prefer dark skin some prefer light skin. The problem is almost never the former, but instead the latter.

I NEVER have a problem when I see a light skinned brother with a dark skinned woman.

But how many dark skin woman can say that they feel the same way when a drk skinned man is with a light skinned woman?

Come on, now.

Nadine Holden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:05 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just curious, Anonymous.

Have you read "Flesh and the Devil"?

It's all about a beautiful high yellow girl with green eyes named RooAmber. She has a love affair with Shane that spans thousands of years.

It's written by Kola Boof.

I continue to be baffled by your attack on Kola and I agree with Kola that there is a definite prejudice in the black community against Dark black women, which is abnormal.

Women like you support those prejudices, as you've done here today and they deny those prejudices so that they can benefit.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are dealing with a very emotional issue here, and one that I don't think will ever be resolved. It's not so much about color as it is about attitude, and it gets even more muddled when some dark people yearn to be light, and some light people long to prove they're black. Human nature is not something that can be dictated. We are what we are and what we are reflects how we behave....zzzzzzz.....

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:10 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nadine:

When have I denied anything?

The reason for this color system is not the light skinned woman's fault.

How about if I say that I am "proud" to be light skinned?

How whould that be received by dark skinned black people?

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola Boof is beautiful and it shows.

You, Anonymous, are not.

Go whine somewhere else.

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nadine said:

Just curious, Anonymous.

It's all about a beautiful high yellow girl with green eyes named RooAmber. She has a love affair with Shane that spans thousands of years.

No, Anonymous doesn't "read", that's the problem. And notice how she ignored that question. She's so jealous of Kola she can't see straight egg'n for a fight.

Thank you Cynique. I agree. Forgive me for acting childish and taking part. I feel like a fool being that my Mama is light as a lemon.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By the way Nadine:

Dark skinned woman tend to not have such a problem with light skinned men.

Even Kola has mentioned on this very board that she would not say that she would not end up with a white man.

But look at what she has to say about white women.

In the same way, if she could end up with a white man, I'm sure she is not discriminating against light skinned black men....

Why then feel "sorry" for women like Beyonce?

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nadine:

When have I denied anything?

The reason for this color system is not the light skinned woman's fault.

How about if I say that I am "proud" to be light skinned?

How whould that be received by dark skinned black people?

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie:

>>Thank you Cynique. I agree. Forgive me for acting childish and taking part. I feel like a fool being that my Mama is light as a lemon.>>

So....according to YOU, your mama should not be considered black right?

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yall notice that bitch won't play with this one:

Just curious, Anonymous.

When you gonna answer that Anonymous.

And no bitch--my Mama ain't black. My Mama is a Creole Cherokee. She don't like being called "black".

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie:

>>Kola Boof is beautiful and it shows.

You, Anonymous, are not.

Go whine somewhere else.>>

Jackie, I am not whining. I am merely pointing something out.

What reason would I have to whine, since according to you guys, the light skinned woman is the object of beauty according to the current standards? LOL

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie:

>>And no bitch--my Mama ain't black. My Mama is a Creole Cherokee. She don't like being called "black".>>

Wow, jackie you sound mad about something.

I wonder what it could be? lol

So, are you even Black? Being that your mama is an indian/french/ black?

Girl, quit playing.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 08:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh and since you so badly want to know:

>>Just curious, Anonymous.

Have you read "Flesh and the Devil"? >>

No, I don't see how reading a fictional book is gonna change my life.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 151

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:01 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes... get over yourself. Kola does not want to be light.. she LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVESSSSSSSSSSSS dark skin!
And that is why she married a black man to show that beauty.

And that is why she praises black people.

She is very educated on these things if you asked me.. no let's go back, she educated herself on these things. No white man told her to do anything!

Believe me, she is an inteligent woman. She knows what it means to be black and she adores it very very much!

So yeah, just forget this crap, get over yourself, get a life.

Kola Boof hates it when black people hate themselves and this is what she is working for in this world, to change the selfhating and turn it into something more beautiful. Because you see, someone brainwashed the black man that the lighter the better. But it should be the other way around or equal.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen:

>>And that is why she married a black man to show that beauty.>>

Well, that is a poor excuse to marry anyone. I don't care if your midnight black or high yellow, marriage aint got nothing to do with anything but love.

>>Because you see, someone brainwashed the black man that the lighter the better. But it should be the other way around or equal.>>

Maybe some black men prefer lighter skinned black women?

What's wrong with that?

Some white men prefer their women Blond, they don't want the brunettes.

But does that make the white men abnormal?

Get over it.

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I gotta run now, my husband will be home soon.

You know how those dark chocolate brothers are for us light skinned sisters, they want our full attention...LOL

Lata~

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:18 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous, what you are experiencing here, I and have others have gone through time and time again. And a common ground has yet to be reached. There are those who are mesmerized by Kola Boof and there are those who are not. And "mesmerize" is the operative word here, because when you romanticize and victimize black skin, there are those who will be drawn into "The Cause". But my gripe has always been that dramatizing the issue casts light-skinned people as the villains and dark-skinned ones the heroes, when in fact were the tables turned, dark-skinned-people would act no different from those they accuse of discriminating and that whole "authentic blackness" thing would kick in, giving rise to a different shade of prejudiceness. That's why I think there will be no solution to this problem. And I have always felt that the real reason Kola featured a light-skinned heroine in one of her books was so she could point to that as an example of her not being biased.

Nadine Holden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can somebody tell me--why was this thread even needed?

I'm still miffed at everybody constantly starting either (a) a light dark thread or (b) lets attack Kola the Somali thread.

I don't see how you can blame this one on Kola, Cynique. This was totally uncalled for today.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't recall that I blamed this one on Kola, Nadine Holden. Kola was being blamed long before I entered the fray. You are so Kola-whipped that you see things that aren't there. As far as this thread being needed, the fact that it drew such vitrupitive response shows that it is still a hot-button issue.

Blkamericanking
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 22

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

Of course some light skinned blacks should be considered black. But light skinned blacks such as Jasmine Guy, and Halle Barry who has one white parent are not black as far as i am concerned, they are straight up half breeds. When i say light skinned blacks i mean the ones who have white ancestry from way back as a result of their ancestors being raped by white white men, we must accept them as our people. One does not need to have blue black skin to be considered black, that is BS.

Babygirl
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Babygirl

Post Number: 82

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's interesting that in one breath there are those who acknowledge that "black" skin, no matter what its shade or hue, has been devalued by whites since the beginning of time. And, as noted, as a people we come in varying degrees of light and dark, based solely on a role of the genetic dice because ultimately we can't predict what we will be blessed with on the day of our birth as demonstrated in those families with offspring who span the color spectrum. Then in the second breath those same brethren will castigate their own for not being light enough or black enough, debating which is prettier, better, more desired, less privileged, and the list goes on and on and on. And ultimately, this REVERSE racism does nothing but perpetuate the exact same hatreds and the same senseless negativity that was initially denounced.

One would think that at some point, good sense would prevail over ignorance and folks would say enough is enough, and focus on those things that will uplift and enlighten us, no matter what our color. But folks with racist viewpoints, (no matter what side of the color line they happen to be standing on), don’t want to see any other viewpoint. They don’t feel the need to change or to understand or to simply respect that their opinion isn’t everyone’s opinion.

As Cynnique said, the issue is volatile because it’s emotional. And there will never be any one position that will ever be right or wrong. Few people will ever really change their minds after such a debate. Nor do they want to. Why? Because racism is not based in logic, but on emotion. And you can’t argue any fool out of a feeling in his or her heart.

And, just as a footnote, when did black folks vote Kola and her work to be the barometer by which we measure our blackness or lack there of, 'cause I missed that meeting?

Nadine Holden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 10:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And, just as a footnote, when did black folks vote Kola and her work to be the barometer by which we measure our blackness or lack there of, 'cause I missed that meeting?

Nobody voted Kola anything.

This board is called "The Kool Room Hosted by Kola Boof".

While I have disagreed with Kola on several occasions, it's the comments like yours, Babygirl that makes me side with Kola overall.

I agreed with your entire last post until you threw in a barb at Kola, who is not here to defend herself and has been attacked on three new threads relentlessly. Why is that necessary?

I love Mariah Carey's new CD and drive my family crazy listening to it, but I did not VOTE her anything either.

I have read Debra Dickerson's book and appreciated half of it, didn't like the other half, but I did not VOTE her anything.

People have a right to identify with and like Kola if they wish to and it's obvious that this woman has fans and that they would show up here. I came here because I was interested in Kola's views and experiences and I through her wonderful books, I am definitely a fan now.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 10:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blackamericanking, your attitude is just another reason why this issue will remain a divisive one, because as far as I'm concerned, "half-breeds" are just as much black as they are white. It's people like you who want to read people out of the race who are the problem. And like so many other people, it never occurs to you that light-skinned people are descended somewhere down the line from half-breeds. How do you think they got their light skin??

Nadine Holden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 10:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I see now.

There was a guy who said you can tell who's really black by whether or not they appreciate Kola Boof's work.

That's a ridiculous statement, it's insulting, and I've heard several other black people make similar comments. One at my local bookstore and then a Professor colleague at my school.

On that I agree with you Babygirl. No one person can be the barometer of our blackness.

Babygirl

Post Number: 83

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that, Nadine. For a second there I was thinking, "dang, I ain't been back for five minutes and suddenly folks is claiming I threw a barb at her Highness."

And ultimately, you've seen first hand, when I throw a barb at Kola, she's been known to fire a fleet of them right back. Me and Kola are cool like that!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 152

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous said: Well, that is a poor excuse to marry anyone. I don't care if your midnight black or high yellow, marriage aint got nothing to do with anything but love.

I say: And I agree. I'm just letting you know that this woman married a black man because she loves her black people. She is not like other black people whom are brainwashed into praising lightness. And then they marry the light skinned people and trash the black people.

Anonymous said: Maybe some black men prefer lighter skinned black women?

What's wrong with that?

Some white men prefer their women Blond, they don't want the brunettes.

But does that make the white men abnormal?

Get over it.

I say: And I agree with you also here. But I will not sit here and listen to you talk about how Kola is "jealous" of lightskinned women because she is so NOT. I'm a blue black woman and I can care less about Beyonce's and Halle 's color. I am proud of what God made me to be, and should nobody try and pick light skinned people over me because that's BS. I don't think anyone should be saying, "I'm better than you because I'm light" or "I'm better than you because I'm black." So anonymous, are we on the same page now?

Believe me, there is no need for this discussion. You should apologize to Kola for saying she's trying to look like another woman. I'm sure she is PROUD of who she is.

Some people say she's very dark, but this is because her mother was probably one of the darkest people in the world. You'd have to mix certain colors to get certain colors, know what I mean? LOL... this is too complicated, MIX, MIX it all up, lol.

Anyway, I just think it's hillarious when people argue "color". This should never be an issue, but someone along time ago said, "black people are ugly". And now a majority of black people are hating themselves. Again, Kola Boof is here to change that perception.

Babygirl

Post Number: 85

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen: someone along time ago said, "black people are ugly". And now a majority of black people are hating themselves. Again, Kola Boof is here to change that perception.

Babygirl: Lest we forget, WHITE people started that hateful rumor about ALL persons of COLOR (one-drop, remember?). But neither Kola or anyone else is going to "change that perception" when the methods they use to shout their message is tainted in the same biases, and ingrained with the same racism. Most especially when they turn it on those whose "blackness" is no different from their own save the shade or hue of their skin-tone which we can neither control or predict.

Blkamericanking
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 23

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 11:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cynnique,

Why do we as black people have to always accept those mixed or half breed people like Halle Barry and others?. Do you see white people claiming them?. I also said that i accept light skinned blacks who have white ancestry from way back when white men were raping our black women. But i refuse to accept light skinned blacks who have one white and one black parent. People like Halle Barry only claim to be black because they are NOT accepted by the white community, so they run to the black community for acceptance. By allowing mixed blacks into our gene pool, we will soon find ourselves looking like octaroons or mullatos. We need to try and keep the African blood that we have left by all means.

Babygirl

Post Number: 86

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:07 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have mercy, BlkKing! Because white people don't accept someone, black people shouldn't either? Can't black people think for themselves and make decisions based on what may simply be the right thing to do? And when white men were raping black women, those resulting babies had one white and one black parent, and they were NOT accepted by the white community because they were deemed to be black. So what, now you fast forward a few hundred years and because those same babies might be conceived in love and not rape, they suddenly stop being accepted for whatever degree of blackness their skin-tones may possess because white people don't claim them?

Let's be for real. There are only a handful of "black" folks whose bloodlines haven't been bleached at some point in history and even the very darkest among us may give birth to an offspring who is lighter than black-black, blue-black, brown-black, tan-black, GOD only knows-black. It's the hand that's dealt to us at birth. You can either it play it like a fool, or play it like you're here to win the pot. And if "keeping the African blood that we have left" is even remotely feasible, you can bank on it not happening here in the good old US of A. And to here Kola tell it, even African's in Africa have their own issues with mixed races and what constitues "blackness".

So, how do we define our blackness, by what shade on the color-wheel we happen to fall under, or the degree to which we honor and cherish our heritage, no matter what that may or may not be?

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:10 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I disagree. I think anybody who claims their blackness is black, and nobody has been appointed to decree otherwise. And this difference of philosophy is what will continue to split people of color in America. So be it.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:16 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops, I was disagreeing with blackamericanking, not babygirl.

Blkamericanking
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 24

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:30 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone who claims their blackness is NOT black. Why do we as Black Americans have to continue claiming mixed people as "our people"?. I just don't get it. If there are any of you on this board, who are mixed, please understand i have nothing personal against you and i don't mean to be disrespectful, I am simply saying what i truly feel. What do we gain by claiming people such as, Barak Obama, Halle Barry, Jasmin Guy etc. as black? They have white mothers and i am sorry, but i cannot accept them as black.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:41 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're entitled to your feelings, blackamericanking, but you can't impose them on others or force people to agree with you, -
because you aren't really a king. Sooooo, you'll just have to simmer in your frustration. Hi, Halle! Come on over, girlfriend!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 154

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 12:48 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blkamericanking,

Don't forget Mariah Carey, LMAO.

Ummmm, could it be because mixed people are people of color most of the times and not white? They usually look either Mexican or lightskinned blacks?

LOL.. but Mariah is white. But I don't mind black people stealing her from white people because she is a success in America, lol

Rustang
Username: Rustang

Post Number: 89

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:01 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to ask our friend Blkamericanking a question or two.Do you ever just sit back and listen to the things coming out of your mouth(keyboard)?Could you explain how what you just said is something other than the most mean-spirited sort of racism imaginable?What exactly does this withholding of acceptance entail?You ask what do we gain by claiming these people.What difference does that make?If you feel as if you have nothing to gain by offering a kind word or a friendly smile to someone then you won't do it?How is it again that you differ from someone like Adolph Hitler? You strike me as being an exceedingly hateful man.

Blkamericanking
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 25

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:03 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen,

I would definitely not consider Mariah Carey as black...LMAO..And for any black personal who considers Mariah as black is a damn fool. Mixed people only classify themselves as black, cause they think it's cool to be black. Deep down inside they really don't wanna share our dark complexion. They just use their little bit of black blood to elevate themselves over the black community.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 112

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:26 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

--And no bitch--my Mama ain't black. My Mama is a Creole Cherokee. She don't like being called "black".--

It's people like Jackie that are truly not our people.

Unlike her, there are many biracial and light skinned ppl that are not ashamed of being called "black". Lenny Kravitz and Maya Rudolph (among others)are perfect examples. And many have deep respect for dark-skinneds and would not expoit their own skin at the DS's expense.

During Jim Crow, why were there incidents of light-skinned people insisting on sitting in the colored sections when staff would tell them they were in the wrong section? Some ppl support their dark- skinned brothers and sisters that much and people like that are still around. There may not be as many ppl as 40 years ago, but their still around for sure.

Blkamericanking(and Kola, if you're reading), I never desired light skin and wouldn't trade it if God offered me a deal. However, though, when light skinned or biracial individuals are concerned, this is were I just cannot agree on every detail. The ones that want to be family will be my family. Sorry.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 26

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 02:53 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rustang,

I have no hate in my heart. I am just so sick and tired of Black Americans claiming mixed people. You're just another black person who wanna mix and be accepted by nonblacks.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 155

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 03:02 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BlkAmericanKing,

You have no hate in your heart. Therefore, accept the mixed people if the only place they've got to come to in this world is you.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 27

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 03:10 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen,

I am really trying to accept them, but sometimes i feel mixed people think they are better than blacks. Once their numbers grow, they will no longer call themselves black, so you all are wasting time accepting them. Let's focus on increasing our black population and forgot about mixed people.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:11 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cynnique:

>>But my gripe has always been that dramatizing the issue casts light-skinned people as the villains and dark-skinned ones the heroes, when in fact were the tables turned, dark-skinned-people would act no different>>

I totally agree.

Can a person help that they were born with light skin?

Can she help if people think she's pretty?

Oh, but then you have people who say that the light skinned woman shouldn't even be considered black as expressed by jackie:

"This another sniveling yellow brite woman who came in here to accuse dark women of doing the very thing she has been doing since she got here."

Since I came here? It's like bytch, I was BORN here just like you! lol.

Then come to find out, this person, Jackie, who said that light skinned women should not be considered black has a mother that is creole and says that she isn't black...

I have a solution: Since both her and I are not black, according to her OWN definition, we should both move to the same "other than black folks" neighborhood.

Girl, these people better stop playing.

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 11:20 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blackamericanking:

>>I am really trying to accept them, but sometimes i feel mixed people think they are better than blacks.>>

This is what some dark skinned women feel about light skinned ones.

THEY THINK some of our skin is wayyy to light.

THEY THINK some of our hair is far to curly or long.

THEY THINK too many people think we're beautiful.

THEY THINK we think we're better because THEY THINK we are better....and get mad because of what they feel about us.

Go figure.

Rustang
Username: Rustang

Post Number: 90

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 01:40 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blcamericanking:The reason you believe that there is no hate in your heart is because it has always been there.A hate-filled heart is what you consider to be normal because you don't have anything to compare it to.As far as my being "just another black person who wanna mix and be accepted by nonblacks" goes,let me explain something to you,boy.I'm nearly twice your age.I was out there working like hell trying to keep a roof over my family's head before you were born.I've already done all the mixing and generated all of the acceptance and rejection thatI'm going to in this life.One thing that I most certainly do not need is to have some half-raised idiot tell me I'm seeking the approval of anyone.I've been in more fist fights with groups of white people than you've spoken to.I realized at a pretty early age,although still older than you are now,it is foolish to waste the time and energy required to try to make things better by main force.Peace is better than war.Love is better than hate.Plain and simple.We are already a minority that is terribly factionalized,and yet we have morons like you trying to sow discord amongst the few that would lay aside there very trivial differences and work together.So,my statement about you being an exceedingly hateful man stands.Let me just add 'amazingly stupid and short-sighted'to the list,you childish,ignorant buffoon.

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 2006

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I won't even bother to try and have a conversation with this Anonymous person.

Fuck you.

That's all I have to say to you.

Beginning to end.....FUCK YOU.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 156

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:08 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a dark woman, there is very little or no shade of brown at all on my skin color.

Growing up, many kids made fun of this black skin. These kids weren't even mixed or light, they were just a little more lighter than me.

Anonymous, I don't hate light skinned people, but they're often treated better than me which isn't fair. Don't you agree with me? This is the truth, and do you like that? Do you want black people to praise you for being light or would you rather be treated equally to the rest of the black folks. I mean if you're going to be called a black woman, show that you're not better than the dark skinned black women. Do you all agree with me?

Anonymous said: THEY THINK we think we're better because THEY THINK we are better....and get mad because of what they feel about us.

I say: That is NOT TRUE. No black woman in America thinks this way. At least I don't. Since Africa, the light skinned people among Africans have always gotten special treatment and this is true. And this is disgusting. And as a light skinned woman, if you know you're black or think you're black then there would be no reason to argue this issue. Just go out there and work to keep blackk people together not alienated.

Anonymous said: THEY THINK some of our skin is wayyy to light.

THEY THINK some of our hair is far to curly or long.

THEY THINK too many people think we're beautiful.

I say: You are not too light because you are not white.

So what if your hair is too long and curly. I can care less. My message to you is to enjoy your highly praised hair. And I will tell you right now, your hair is beautiful. But so is mine. I demand the same treatment that you get everyday. I deserve the same compliments because you and I are equal.

Yes, it is true. I think too many people think you are beautiful. THIS IS TRUE. And please don't deny the truth. Like Renata said, "I didn't know I had light skin until I started school".

Do you think it's fair for you to be chosen over a dark skinned child? If you truly love black people and want to stay black, do you think it's fair to erased blackness in America? Now I'm not saying for you to start your own race. I welcome you with all my heart into the black community because white folks won't accept you. But I am against it when you are treated better than the rest of the black folks.

Kola

Post Number: 2007

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One thing I have to say to the others here....

Regardless of what I or my acculturation "considers" someone---I love all human
beings of every color and hue.

Kola and Nana

I love those...who love me. They can
be a white man, a black man,
a sun-colored yellow woman
or a red skinned African Oromo.

But I WILL NOT.....WILL
NOT allow Black Americans
to force their slave master's
"racist system" of dubbing
anything with color as
"Black"---off on me.

I have no objections to
keeping that system for
yourselves--because it's all
you know and it's part of your
reality being from the slavery
plantations---it's understandable.

But the Slave Master's rules
will not be mines or my children's
rules. And I applaud the majority
of other African peoples who
are outraged that Mariah Carey
and Vin Diesel can be called
"black people" and who fully
reject this disrespect and
disregard for authentic Black
people. I don't care if
Alek Wek was their mother
---while they may be
"culturally" related
to our people, they are
NOT "black".

Kola and Gaylon

The goal of authentic Black
people is to be themselves....
to give birth to their own
image and to revel in the
unique beauty that God gave
them----without apology
and without the legislation
of Whiteness interfering.

That does not prohibit us
from LOVING our family members
(by blood) who are not black.

Kola and Shelly

________

I'm sick of talking about "color" and I
won't be commenting further
on this----other than to
say, I love all people
who have love for me.

Kola

What I consider them
to be is a whole other story.

Kola and child

Kola

Post Number: 2008

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Black American King-----I totally understand what you were trying to express in your posts...and I hope that I did you justice in explaining it in my last post.

Of course, being much younger than Rustang and living with the "NEW WAVE" mixed folk MAJORITY out in California----Rustang is not fully aware of the Movement out West where MOST BI-racials do not want to be called "black" (unless it's time to get a reparations check)---and are fighting for their ballots and government status to be UPGRADED from black--they have their own political agendas and are many times CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN in their desperation to prove something to WHITES.....and you're right....they DO think they're better than black people and flaunt their White Mother's racist attitudes. Many of them have been abandoned by their black fathers----the BITTER White Mother's BITTER white family is all they know.

Where Rustang lives...it's the Old Fashioned ball game where the Black grandparents have influence over the mixed babies and raise them "black"--which they still aren't, but in Africa, although not called "Black", they would still be considered "African"....and most importantly, FAMILY.

But you're right Black King....

Seattle and California and Oregon are breeding a NEW, very organized NEO mixed crop that are truly the enemy of our people....and most Southern Blacks and East Coast Blacks are TOTALLY unaware of it.

I'm with you. I don't want these people representing me either---but the Whites call on them to REPRESENT BLACKNESS when it's politically necessary....and down the road...it's going to be a major problem.

Kola

Post Number: 2009

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right ON AfricanQueen!!! You tell everybody!

That's right.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 159

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 05:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, nice pictures :-).

You don't have to bend down everytime you take one with people shorter than you, lol. Let them reach up to you, make them work :-).

Kola

Post Number: 2011

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 05:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL

Americans are so SHORT!!!

Although, I do like the short black guys. :-)

I know you go through it, too, being Dinka.

I feel like a Nubian over here. But NO SOMALI BOY---I am not a Nubian! I am Oromo, whether you like it or not.

Renata
Veteran Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 56

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 06:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A lot of mixed people claim to be only black because to the naked eye, they are simply black. In the South, Halle Berry wouldn't even be considered light skinned. It's silly to say that even though she's black when we look at her, because she has one white parent she shouldn't be considered black. If she walked into any place in the south and looked for a job, the people interviewing her would see a black woman, and wouldn't even know her mother was white unless she told them. I have a friend like that here in Atlanta. She's darker than me and my sister, is married to a black man, never mentions any white/black topics, her children are darker skinned than my son, so you can imagine how surprised I was to meet her white mother. But when she walks around, people don't see a "mixed" person, they see a black person.

Halle Berry probably claims black because that's what she's judged as and she probably (before becoming famous anyways) faced the same discrimination that the rest of us face.

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 29

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Thank you for understanding what i was trying to say. I agree with you 100% about mixed people. I am afraid the mixed population is gonna become a lot larger than the black population and they will form their own culture and no longer consider themselves black. I saw a black grandmother with 2 grandkids, one grandkid was a black female and the other one was a mixed male. The grandmother was hugging and kissing the mixed grandkid and not showing the black grandkid any love at all. I felt so sorry and could have imagined how the black grandkid must have felt. I am so sick and tired of black people accepting mixed people more than we accept and love each other. Last but not least, Kola i love those pics, you are looking so beautiful, thick and sexy. You are a true African Queen.

Rustang,

Why don't you just go ahead and get yourself a white man...LOL

Anonymous,

If you are light skinned and see yourself as black and no better than dark skinned people, then i honestly have no problem with you. I love all of my people, whether they be, light, dark or brown skinned. We are ONE.

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 57

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I understand what you're saying Blkamericanking.

I forgot to add, that I'm sure a lot of mixed people are probably afraid of the backlash of trying to "deny" their blackness if they claim themselves as mixed.

Don't even pretend that if mixed people started calling themselves half white, there won't be a big hoopla about how they're trying their best to pass as white.

The fact is if they don't claim that their black, there are enough people who will argue with them that they ARE black and that they shouldn't try to deny it.

Also, as I mentioned before, there are some who are actually dark enough that for all practical purposes, they ARE black and for the most part probably have the same issues that us full blacks have.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 135

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ten years ago, while I was on a journey to understanding racism, I had the opportunity to discuss the topic with a white female friend of mine. During this conversation, I spent most of the time listening because I was so fascinated by what she was saying. My friend started out by telling me about the plight of her people (white people). Her basic complaint was that she (and her people) suffer tremendously from pressure which results from what happened during slavery. Dorothy, my friend, believed that her people was being unfairly judged because they had nothing to do with the carnage and mayhem that their ancestors savagely placed on black people. While describing her frustration, she recounted the infuriation that she endures when blacks accuse her (and her people) of being the villains in something that took place years before she was even born. Her “suffering”, she said, comes from blacks who choose to “whine” about their “alleged persecution”, while they opt to ignore the fact that the real persecution took place long ago. She also exclaimed that what they don’t understand is that when they “nitpick” about their “alleged difficulties” they only end up doing what they seem to love to do, which is to blame white people for everything. Although I disagreed with some of what she said, I figured that it was possible that she had a point. But what I could not fathom was her insistence that black people need to try to find ways to “get along” instead of complaining about their struggles, because, ultimately, the only thing they’re going to do is complicate things for the only race that she believes really matters, “The Human Race”. Also, in her opinion, the “civil rights spectacle”,which black people "insist on calling a movement", was nothing more than an attempt by blacks to manipulate whites into admitting to and feel sorry for their “imaginary struggles”, which, as she stated, is nothing when compared to the real atrocities that people experience worldwide. Again, I was almost certain that she was incorrect, but I wanted to understand her experience and her side of the story.

The defining moment of my effort to understanding her position came only when I decided to incorporate some of the things that are often expressed by some African Americans regarding intra-racism. A great deal of it is virtually identical to what my dear white female friend was describing. Light-skinned people, for example, feel that they’re being blamed, misjudged and scrutinized for being in the position that they are in too. And, coincidentally, they too believe that fighting for one’s right to be represented and survive is nothing more than a way for dark people to make a big deal out of nothing. But what is probably more telling is that, ironically, these same people benefit from the same destruction to Africans And African Americans that my good friend (Dorothy) does. So it was in this context that I began wondering if I should agree and/or even feel sorry for what my friend has been undergoing. Everyday of her life, she gets blamed for something that she has absolutely nothing to do with. How could that be fair? And to make matters worse, black people actually have the nerve to want to interrupt her peaceful existence (as a beneficiary of white supremacy), in order to take on the challenge of becoming someone who is viewed as being equal to her. When you look at it that way, how could you not feel sorry for her? How could I, or anybody for that matter, not understand her pain, her struggles, the fact that she’s being treated unfairly and the possibility that her whiteness, which threatens the survival of others, will no longer give her the comfort that she seeks to prolong? Come on now, shouldn’t I feel remorse and sympathy for her hardships and dilemma? I mean, if I can find it in my heart to comprehend and legitimize the plight of my own light-skinned sistahs and brothas (those of whom I’m expected to agree with, even if they enjoy a lifestyle which threatens to destroy me) shouldn’t I have the same kind of courtesy for my dear white friend too? Since she is my loving, sweet “friend” I should accept her “plight”, just as I am expected to accept the “plight” of my esteemed brothas and sistahs who undoubtedly love me too, right????

FUCKKKALLLLLLLLYALLLL!!!!!!!

And I mean that with ALLLL of the “emotion” and “reverse racism” that one could possibly find within his/her fed-up, tired, weary, exhausted, worn-out, fatigued and out-of-compassioned heart.

Oh, and btw, I told that racist, inconsiderate, white bitch of a “friend” to STEP THE FUCK OFF TOO!

TONYA

Kola

Post Number: 2013

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Renata,

I've met Halle Berry and I consider her to be a Black Woman....not because she is......but because that's how she TRULY sees herself.

When she washes her "orange" foundation off, however....she's actually very Mixed looking and does not have African hair.

But anyway---she is one of the most beautiful human beings, inside and out that I ever met. She is gracious, humble, strong, kind and very respectful of others.

I LOVE HER to death.

But here's a good example of the injustice of "light/mixed" people ALMOST ALWAYS being considered superior to Blacks.

EXAMPLE:

FOX SEARCHLIGHT wanted Halle Berry to play...ME...in a film about my life:

http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus/messages/2152/3029.html?1114254233

I ask you RENATA---when will the day come when Beautiful BLACK women like these are ALLOWED to play "black women" in Motion Pictures??? Are the light skinned women like "Anonymous" going to get together and DEMAND that their "darker sisters" be ALLOWED to play in a movie and look like this?

Blackwoman

Black women

Blackgirl

black beauty

black goddess

black velvet

black beuty

black glory

THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Black Women in the United States are DARK SKINNED.....so what kind of RACISM keeps them from being Represented and WHAT ARE THEIR LOVING LIGHT SKINNED SISTERS DOING ABOUT IT?

dark beauty

gogo

more

more

authentic

black and fine

I realize....that if these women WERE constantly on t.v. and magazines, movies....then fewer people would ask..."What is an Authentic Black Woman?" But because all we see are light skinned women being celebrated---people FORGET what Black women look like

Blkamericanking
Regular Poster

Post Number: 30

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya,

Your white friend and other white people have no idea what suffering is. This system was set up by whites for the benefit of whites. She know damn well black people are still catching hell today, this is not just about the past. Most white people today won't even think about apologizing for what whites did to blacks in the past. That's how evil they are. FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!!!

Renata
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 59

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 07:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Kola....I understand. I think for the most part, lighter skinned actresses are benefitting from this racism, and why demand that a darker skinned woman get a movie part when she herself could get that part. Not fair, not right, but probably mostly happening anyways.

Tonya said: Light-skinned people ... they too believe that fighting for one’s right to be REPRESENTED and SURVIVE is nothing more than a way for dark people to make a big deal out of nothing.

ME: I don't understand how you see it this way. Because I think of us all as different spectrums on the same rainbow, I think a dark person doing anything to assert their rights and equality would be great for ALL black people, not just themselves. I may be light skinned, but again, here in the south, that means nothing as close relatives may not be. We should be HAPPY and PROUD if a darker skinned person made a difference in how they were represented, because it just might affect how people see our mother, sister, daughter, or other relative.

And for those stupid people who find a big deal in light skinned people over darker people, even they would have to admit that it's prejudice like their own that would push others to such a fight.

Kola

Post Number: 2019

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 08:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The "lightskinned" women in the photos with me are my close friend and Author Gaylon Alcaraz of Chicago---who presented me with the Affinity Award

....and my dear friend Nana Oni of Detroit

Both of these women are in touch with me weekly and are like family to me.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 148

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because we have too many, but thanks anyway.

Oh,girl, you're right....they are beautiful!

But still, we really do have too many, thanks.

Tonya

guess who?
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous, either adopt a screen name, or shut up.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 151

Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 01:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous,

It looks like taking things out of context is your chosen form of rebuttal.

But that's what those who don't have anything of real substance to say do, I understand.

Tonya

Anunaki3600
Veteran Poster
Username: Anunaki3600

Post Number: 72

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 04:45 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From my experience in the U.S.A, I noticed that light skinned women were exposed mostly in the media and other marketing jobs. In academics and other professional jobs, I mostly saw dark skinned black women. Now these are the real role models for the youth who come in contact with them. Forget about monster ball or video ho's. These professional women are the backbone of many institutions.

Yukio
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yukio

Post Number: 769

Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 12:44 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is such a disappointing thread. Let me start by accepting my complicity in criticising many of you...who am I to judge?

The poverty of this discussion is that we are talking about phenotype and features(genetics), self-identification(socio-historical), and politics (socio-historical).

The socio-historical has determined who is and is not black. Within and among various peoples in Africa and the Americas, race is defined and understood differently...hence this argument. And we, black people in general, have accepted these defintions according to our personal national histories and individual experiences (socio-historical) and thus our response are embedded in these realities...how personal experiences, good for literature and oral histories, but not kicking people out and keeping people in a racial group, especially when there is only one race anyway...like it or not!

statements:

Of course some light skinned blacks should be considered black. But light skinned blacks such as Jasmine Guy, and Halle Barry who has one white parent are not black as far as i am concerned, they are straight up half breeds. When i say light skinned blacks i mean the ones who have white ancestry from way back as a result of their ancestors being raped by white white men, we must accept them as our people. One does not need to have blue black skin to be considered black, that is BS.

Much contradiction and faulty logic. What if the person has one white parent and one black parent, and the person is brown skinned, maybe gabrielle union's complexion?

What is a half-breed anyway? Are any of us "pure"? None in the "new world."

Are we talking about the biological? Or the sociohistorical notions? Or both? If it is both, as I believe, then we must untangle them...

Public_enemy
First Time Poster
Username: Public_enemy

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 06:04 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"She's not against it. She just believes most black people enter it to aquire white blood traits and she's right."

She is wrong as well as stupid for saying blacks marry whites to acquire white racial traits, that sounds really dumb, then again I don't expect her of all people to know anything about black Americans

Public_enemy
Newbie Poster
Username: Public_enemy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 06:07 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"As far as i am concerned, light skinned blacks are a part of the black race. There are light skinned blacks who feel they are just as black as any dark skinned black. You all have to understand that there are Europeans with African blood and black people who obviously have European blood. There are millions of Southern Europeans with dark skin, but they consider themselves just as white or European as any pale white person, so light skinned blacks should be allowed to see themselves as black. We have to be very careful when we say negative things about light skinned blacks, because it could lead to division between us as a people."

The most intelligent and reasonable post in this thread so far. Big up!

Deebaby
Newbie Poster
Username: Deebaby

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 07:14 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whew!

This was a long one.

All this talk about light skin and dark skin is

making my head spin

To me, BLACK is BLACK

whatever skin tone.

Black folk are light and dark and all what's in between.

I don't understand, at this point, "authentic Black" as it relates to...well, Black people.

Most Black folk I know are not authentic, or is it, "authentic looking"?

I'm confused.

I definitely agree that more darkskinned women need to be represented in the media.

Certainly no argument there.

I don't agree that one Black parent means one is not Black.

If Halle say's she's Black, identifies Black, embraces Black heritage and culture...

Who am I to say she's not?

(I know she got Angela Bassett's Academy Award cause she (halle) freaked that white man in Monster's Ball.)

Anyway, I love Black people.

and y'all sure get a sista tuh thinkin

I think I agree with a little of everybody.

except:

Mariah Cary ain't Black!

She is a beneficiary of that thing called "white privilege" and that's a defining factor for me.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 02:47 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I'm new here and may be late in posting this, but I've got to say that mixed "blacks" have always been used as a buffer group---created to protect the image of so-called white supremacy in the minds of brain-washed African people all over this globe. Mixed races occur only when masters and slaves produce them. What happened to us is like what happens when a child or woman is systematically abused and placed in fear mode---after a while, the sense of inferiority that arises simply takes a life all of its own. So, where forced assimilation, lynchings, and rapes by white and arab races once did the dirty work of establishing slavery, the ravaged African mindset has now taken over. The white supremacy mindset that exists in Blacks all over this planet exists purely because Black people continue to tolerate it. We call it "humanism". We call it "colorblindness". We call it "Christian." We call it "preference." I even read a post where someone called it "natural" because of the capability to produce children;(A female can produce children with her father or brother...does that mean incest is natural as well???) It's all bullshit, because it is what it's always been and always will be---white supremacy at its finest and most deceptive. Kola, know that your honesty is most appreciated, and despite the crap you may often take from those with vested interests in the status quo, there are many, MANY Black women who are being healed at this very moment because of your courage to speak up. Once we as Black women get our damn minds back and stop being subject to the many and deliberate attempts to downgrade our natural beauty, we'll stop producing the sorry ass negroes who grow up to betray us. You know what they say...nothing is ever as it seems; justice IS right around the corner. Stay strong sis'!

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, blaklioness, it takes 2 to reproduce and unless you convert men to your way of thinking you ain't going to have any off-spring whose minds you can control and shield from the real world. It's easy to attribute the way things are to white supremacy and brainwashing and other rationales in order to obscure and discredit the legitimacy of mixed people embracing what they actually are as opposed to allowing others to try and shame them. The thing about voices like yours is that you think everyone is wrong but you, and you equate being disgruntled with being noble and above reproach. Replacing white supremacy with black supremacy is your real goal, thinking that this will somehow purify the sin of an elitism that, incidentally, excludes anyone who doesn't exemplify "authentic blackness". Everyone does what they can to survive, and just because all others decline to be sacrificed for what benefits only you and yours, doesn't make them wrong. You are, of course, entitled to your point of view, but obviously there are 2 sides to every question, and nobody has to stand still for being debased.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 243

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 01:13 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

God brought Africans to America. White people will marry black people and black people will marry white people. It is something that nobody can control. Face it.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 394

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 01:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome, blacklioness, it's an honor to be in your presence....

Stay strong. You'll need it here.

Tonya

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 04:40 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for the welcome Tonya. I hope to contribute...and learn...much here. I have NO intention of backing down when I feel I have something to say.

Cynnique, I said that I was new to the board--not to the world. Your comments exude what ANY white supremacist would say when she/he feels that her/his ill gotten privileges are being threatened. My point was that if you disempower and oppress people long and hard enough, after awhile there is no need to hold a gun on them---they will begin to do it for themselves. I don't honestly mean to down ALL light/mixed race people as being devious; I realize that there are some who fully understand the history of why they exist genetically the way they do. But, much like most people (irregardless of race), the honorable among them are few; if most people were living righteously, the world would not be in the state it's in today. I'm convinced of that. The days of white supremacy in ALL of its forms (and with ALL of its practitioners) are numbered. I'm not proposing Black supremacy as a replacement, but it's highly foolish for ANYONE to believe that the dirt that's been poored on the African woman and man is simply going to be washed away in "multiracialism"; no, there is going to be a cost for the beneficiaries and proponents of white supremacy, and like they say, SUCCESS is the best revenge. Despite popular misconception, NO non-black/mixed woman has a so-called black man by her side that wasn't first trained to be there by a BLACK woman; like I said, when we get our damn Black minds back, that trend, too, will end. Bank on it. My role on this earth will be to help the Black woman get her shit back; don't think, despite appearances, that this won't happen. I maintain, there is NOTHING normal about turning against your own image and then attempting to disguise that self-hate as some glorious form of humanism. And no...before you imply...my name ain't "Kola."

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 04:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen:

Please do be careful with attaching God's name to human actions. People continue to commit many inhumane crimes in the name of God; so, unless you've had a personal conversation with God where you were specifically told that we were sent here and why, please think twice about your statement.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 244

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 09:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blaklioness,

I'm not attaching God's name to human actions. I'm applying God's work in result of what people have caused. What I'm saying is that God brings people to certain places because of a cause, which would be then the human action. I'm originally from Southern Sudan and I came to the U.S because of those actions of the human being.

It's just impossible for me to believe I'm brought into slavery at this hour in America because my experiences through war were hell compared to my life presently. I believe God brought me here to be free and to peacefully enjoy my life. Simple as that. Life is too short to do the impossible, which would be fighting for the purpose of getting black people to marry their black people and their black people only. That, is impossible. Because after the human cause, "slavery", people became "mixed" worldwide. Southern Sudanese will also be mixed with other nations as long as they continue to get out of Sudan. Although, my hopes are to keep them where they belong. But this war is been long and devastating, taking place in the second largest African country, where the people discriminating are the majority.

Again, nobody has power over stopping the production of "mixed Americans" but I'm with you when you say, "white supremacy must end". But in order to end white supremacy, criticize both the black man and woman, not just the man. Don't point finger at the black man only, the black woman too.

Just as long as they don't marry for the purpose of the skin color and long hair, I'm not against interracial marriages. The union has to be through love and love only.

I honestly do agree with you though and what's happenning, self hate is real in the African and black communities. And again, it was all because of human action. We need to stand up for ourselves and love ourselves, help ourselves.... If we can do that, we have erased white supremacy completely.God brought me out of SUDAN for the better outcome, to live this short life in some kind of peace and freedom. To love myself and to show my love for my black beauty in a country where black skin is most hated. We, the black people are just as supreme. Self denial is what needs to be stopped. After all, black men are classified to be wonderfully sexy in America. The black woman too can fit the same classification, but producing black sons may not be the only answer. Producing black daughters that will cherish their beauty and demand showing it off would be another answer. In "The Color Purple" the black girls mentioned in a chat how "ugly" Whoppi Goldberg looked in the film. If only they had acceptance for that look, if only someone would show them. White people accept their "ugly" looks in films, why not blacks? Why show a lightskinned black woman to reach black people's satisfaction of beauty and not a dark skinned black woman?

White supremacy will end through loving oneself and criticizing both sexes from the black community who support it.

I'm 23 and the war in Sudan is 21 years old.
I looked for the black man's help in African neighboring countries before residing in America and none was given to me, just the words, "You're too black, go back to South Sudan!" And the same Sudan I was told to go back to is the same Sudan where Arabs "think" of themselves to be better than the blacks in the south. And when the blacks in the south turn to their blacks in their neigboring black countries, they were not fully welcome, only told to live in refugee camps forever and depend on the white supremacy, yet and again. The white supremacy being the words, "I shall now help the refugee". My family depended on UN support through the war because it was the only help available to us. There was no black countries supporting us whatsoever. And this is why I often question how one can stop white supremacy unless one helped his or her neighbor and accepted them to be beautiful and important.

I am happy having lived in the U.S for 10 years compared to having lived in Africa for 13 years of my life through war and immigration. America is better off, since within those 13 years in Africa, I never spent a single year through peace, but always moved because of the human action. America is the longest I have lived in any single country, Sudan included. Seeing white supremacy in America makes me sick and I hear the words, black is ugly often, but mostly from black people in the present. The old white people are just working as "ghosts supremacists" and allowing this to happen at their grave through black people. My job here is to say how wrong that is through loving myself and forcing loving oneself on other black people.

I have evacuated into Kenya and Ethiopia, and none of these African countries seemed to help as much as the United States has helped me and continues to help me today.

I truly understand what you're saying, but I don't think you would achieve your goal through words that discourage interracially married people. It's only allowing the black man to continue marrying white women and only because someone said, "You're doing that because of their straight hair and white skin." When you tell a child, "you're ugly", the child most often will believe you. And men are children and will believe it when you tell them, "you're with a white woman because of her skin color." And nothing stops, just a continuos round of disgraceful union between one man and one woman.

The trend of mixed people will never end, worldwide. The world is a continuos trend of mixed people. Who is capable of stopping this trend, who? But well unless you go to Africa and stop it there, then maybe this would be possible. You could go to Uganda and tell them to stop making little black boys and girls soldiers. You could go to Kenya and tell them to stop having numerous homeless children, and to provide a better school system for their children. This you could do. It is the situation that deserves attention, not interracial marriages in America.

I hope you understand what I've been trying to say here. The simple words that may stop white supremacy are, "black is beautiful" and to enforce the word on black people worldwide. It is not a term that describes darkness, and horrible things. It is our skin color from the ground. It's God's creation and it must be praised among both the black man and black woman, but mostly the black woman.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 12:21 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen:

Either I have not explained properly or maybe you've just misunderstood. So, with that, I'll attempt to explain myself again. I'm not at all putting sole responsibility and/or blame on us as Black women; I am very much aware that Black men have a responsibility in reastablishing our self-respect and dignity as well. After all, Black women have been attacked in the war on Africanity too; Black men are attacked PHYSICALLY; Black women are attacked SPIRITUALLY (If you don't believe it, take a good look at BET and many television ads and shows.). My point was that Black women have a tremendous amount of power in how we choose to raise Black boys into Black men who WILL respect us and make conscious decisions to select from among US appropriate mates. The nurturing and socialization of Black children doesn't begin with birth; it starts with conception and in the womb. I realize that you are young, and may not have given birth, but do you have any idea how much influence Black women have on even their unborn fetuses? Children can HEAR and SENSE what's going on with their mothers even BEFORE they arrive on this plane; they receive their FIRST lessons in self-love from their mothers; this is how I know the "preference" idea is bullshit. I mean you're not even talking about all the crazy messages they get once they arrive. In 2005, Black people STILL have operational definitions of "good" hair and "bad" hair. In 2005, I have looked into the eyes of black females who have actually told their sons and daughters NOT to marry black. That's pure insanity---that is NOT love, and the nonblacks who take them up on that are NOT good people. If it were normal behavior, then other races of women would be doing large-scale what Black women have been doing since the onset of slavery and colonialism---raising their children to worship images that do NOT reflect who they are. Because of the tremendous social pressure and attacks on our physical image, we have CHOSEN to raise negro males and females instead of BLACK men and women. You are right when you say mixed populations have been around for a long time; but those populations only come up where one group is attempting to subjugate another and makes a decision to use those people against the suppressed population. That hasn't changed. MOST people are more sophisticated than to come out and tell you what their real agenda is, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one. Black people all over this globe have GOT to be more savvy than to keep falling for the same old shit time and again just because it becomes packaged in different forms. Like I said, once we get our minds straight, a lot of the other problems you mentioned will start taking care of themselves. That's inevitable. Self-love is the key.

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 05:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You come across as being much too civil to be a Kola incarnation, blaklioness. LOL

Cynnique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On second thought, blaklioness, much of what you said is totally self-serving and self-righteousness and quite reminsicent of Kola. In your world, if you had your way, you and yours would rule supreme and give full sway to a condescending vindicivness. You portray others as devious but you, yourself are full of guile and bile. As for an extended discussion on this subject, been there, done that. Ta-Ta.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 04:08 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cynnique,

What's condescending and self-serving about fighting for self-respect? Since when does exercising such a God-given right mean looking down on others? I think you're transferring your own value systems onto me. When I indicated that turning against your own image is unnatural, I was not just referring to Black people; EVERYONE has the right to GENUINE self-respect. True self-respect is never attained at someone else's expense. Unlike most nonblacks and their offspring (mixed or not), I do NOT walk around thinking about sophisticated ways to garner and maintain privilege over other people---neither do most other Blacks. You know that. That's why it's so easy for you and some others to make the presumptious and arrogant comments you've made about the rise of the "new breed"; like most people, you assume that things will be as they have been for the last several centuries---a world filled with accommodating negroes who work overtime to fit someone else's image under the guise of some pseudo virtuosity and "progressiveness." It's not going to happen like that because people can only bury their head in the sand for just so long. I maintain that white supremacy (of whatever nature) and black (read 'slave') cooperation are bed partners. No house built on sand will last. My role will be to research and educate a new generation of Black youth (especially girls) to reclaim what's RIGHTFULLY theirs. The only people who will lose something in that will be those who've willingly benefitted from the current status quo and their flunkies----and that's just going to be too damn bad.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 246

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 04:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lioness,

You're right, I'm wrong... let's just keep it at that because I don't have the power to change anything that's working mysteriously.. and slavery and Africans immigrating to America even today is all weired to me, seriously. Look, there's war in my country which I survived and ended up in the United States and in my opinion, God brought me to the United States because won't nobody keep peace where I come from. The US has been in peace for years.. it is the most organized country I know of in this world. And I thank God for bringing me here. Now, the mixing of races in one single country also means producing mixed babies. It is something nobody has control over. What we can all do now is to stop self hatred, and self hatred is a black girl with fake blue contacts instead of her natural brown eyes. Or a black girl with fake blonde weave... if her purpose for having those on was to look white, I would feel horrible for her.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 247

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 04:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lioness,

And I believe everything you're saying.. I do. But I don't think it will start in the womb if the mother is not being taken care of. The baby may automatically sense that they're being abused and will eventually be born and become gangsters by 5. First, we've got to be taken care of and take care of ourselves before attempting to even have any child..

You're strong and your words are very encouraging. I just don't understand why you won't take it that God gets every single human being out of distruction to be living among strangers and foreigners that might eventually accept them. And in the future, I believe there will be either a hispanic or black American leader.

Everything takes time, hundreds of years. This country belongs to the white man, it is the white man's invasion.. but as long as God continues to bring different races into it, it shall finally oficially become a country for all the people.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 04:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen:

It's all good..really. I'm trying to figure out the WHY of things myself. But, self-hatred of any kind is not going to stop if people are still in denial about its presence. There are privileges that are associated with living in the U.S., but they are blood-based privileges...another fact of which many people are in denial. I will add that the sole reason that the United States has the appearance of "peace" and "organization" is because it spends a great deal of its time secretly stirring up trouble and conflict in countries like the Sudan. Causing dissension and conflict is how the United States and many European/Arab countries have been able to steal African resources...including slave labor. Do some of your own research, and you'll begin to understand more.

Meanwhile, peace to you...and although I've not had the privilege to dialogue with her here, please give my blessings to Kola. She needs to know that there are many who love and appreciate her...especially in times like this. Thanks.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 05:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen:

I missed your last post before I posted MY last post. Womb power is potent, because Black women, that is 'aware' Black women, can begin educating their children positively from all angles very early. As you said, that's not happening because most Black/African women have been cut off from true self-knowledge/respect by way of slavery, colonialism, and their spinoffs (especially the media). But, it's a double-edged sword because it's Black women who continue to be tolerant of the mistreatment. If a significant portion of Black children are being raised by Black mothers, and we see the state of the race as it exists today, then that says a LOT about what's going on inside our heads. You can always tell a tree by the fruit it bears. If we expect Black men to be responsive and respective of us, we are going to have to start by finding a way---in the middle of the madness---to reclaim our dignity. THAT'S when we will have a real revolution.

As for God bringing people to this country...well, I suppose you can perceive it that way in a certain sense as an individual. But, remember what I indicated in my last post...the United States has a lot of blood on its hands. I don't know what you understand about justice, balance, and universal law, but things have to be corrected. There exists NO God (whose core essence is abundance and who is not a respector of persons) that would bestow blessings on one nation (especially the way this nation has been blessed) while virtually ignoring the others; that's unfathomable. The problem is that most people (particularly those of European ancestry) no longer believe that the universe is about abundance, so they continue to try to exist with privilege; "privilege" means you work to deprive others of resources, etc. of which they too are equally entitled. We must remember that the privileged exist only because the underprivileged provide a system of support that permits it---when that happens, EVERYBODY pays. It's sort of like what you say happened to you with the color-based name calling by African Americans; not ALL African Americans would do that, but if they don't speak up against it when it occurs, they are just as guilty as the offending party as silence speaks a thousand words.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 08:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya and Africanqueen;

You guys should check out a book called "Excuses, Excuses: The Politics of Interracial Coupling in European Culture." It's written by a Black man..a sociologist. He does an excellent analysis of the color/mating issue in the Black community. I really think you'll find him quite informative and quite honest. His name is Mwalimu Baruti.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 438

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 09:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blacklioness,

What a coincidence! I was just planning to make a (cyberspace) trip to Amazon.com; so I'll order it tonight, thanks.

Tonya

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 10:23 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tonya,

Amazon doesn't carry his stuff. Go to www.akobenhouse.com . He's a good brother. For a sample of his perspective type in "Racism, Colorism, and Power". Let me know what you think.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 445

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 02:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blacklioness --

I already ordered it from Amazon -- They did have it. I had to deal with a third party, though. I'll still go to the website for a sample and I'll get back to you shortly with my response. Thanks again -- I'm starving for a good read.

Tonya

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 455

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 05:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the site is not responding. I'll try again later.

blaklioness
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 08:09 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok Tonya. Good. You won't regret the purchase. If you're looking for that article, however, I don't believe it's at the site linked above--that site is his business site. If you type in the article title, you should be able to find it pretty easily.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com