Want you all to read my humor essays ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Want you all to read my humor essays B4 I print! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Viqi_french
Newbie Poster
Username: Viqi_french

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 11:44 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I'm new here and am so excited to have found this vibrant AA writer's space!

I'm hoping that all of you will show a new sister a little love and read my manuscript. I'm about to self-publish a Humor Memoir titled, "Daddy's Gonna Buy That Baby a Jaguar." But before I go to print, I need objective feedback from YOU and YOU, too!!

It's a fast read, only 20 essays, and ANY little portion of it you could read would be appreciated.

If you want to take a look, just drop me a line at info@ViqiFrench.com, and I'll send it to you right away.

My Website is: ViqiFrench.com

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from a few of you.

Viqi French
Author, "Daddy's Gonna Buy That Baby a Jaguar"

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 606

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 07:24 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool site, Viqi!
Read the excerpts from the website and I liked what I saw.

Viqi_french
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 11:13 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, YvetteP, for checking out my site! And thanks, too, for reading the excerpts and responding.

By the way, are you aware of many/any other African American women writing in the humor memoir genre?

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 609

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't know, Viqi. Mahogonay Anais would be someone for you to ask. I know now's not a good time for her, with her mother being terminally ill. In the meantime, you might want to check out the site literarymamas.com. Not just Black women and more focussed on women who are mothers who write, but you may find something there. Good luck.

Viqi_french
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 9

Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 03:18 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yvettep:

Thanks for the heads-up on literarymamas.com. That's not one I was familiar with, but will definitely check it out.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com