Just Heard the News Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Just Heard the News « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Anonymous
Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 03:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guess who's a sellout now? :-)

Kola Boof has signed with Harper Collins. The fourth largest publishing conglomerate in America.

Congratulations Kola.

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Chrishayden

Post Number: 1304

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 11:28 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hah! You go girl!

Roxie
Veteran Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 53

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope none of the good stuff has been edited out!
0_0

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 328

Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

The Real Deal:

I just heard this RUMOR was on the Maxine Thompson Show and in the gossip column at Identity Theory---it's not true---I HAVE NOT signed with Harper Collins, although most of my new agent's clients write for that publisher, and I myself have had friendly chats with several of their editors over the years and do consider their house to be a really great one.

My book "Sexy Part of the Bible" is not even ready to be presented to any publishers---it will probably start making rounds in late September---and my autobiography, "Diary of a Lost Girl" is coming out by Door of Kush at christmas.

I do admit that a few editors have gotten a b{"Sneak Peak"} at "SEXY PART OF THE BIBLE" (formerly titled "The White Man's Mother") and they're very, very intrigued. It's a powerful book, and I'm just so grateful that there's so much interest in a book that's not even finished. Two publishers have even begun asking what I want and what my book after that is about...

However, I have not signed with Harper Collins.

ABM...check your messages.

I'm so grateful you all have been posting. I've been really busy with writing.

On July 28th I'm the guest for the whole 90 minutes on Carl Nelson's "Front Page" on KJLH radio in Los Angeles.

On Friday July 29th at 6:30 pm---I sign my novel "Flesh and the Devil" at ZAHRA'S BOOK in Los Angeles.

I love and miss everyone here. See you soon! :-)

________

**Don't believe any news til I tell you myself.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 329

Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 06:41 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ROXIE:

Can you please give me a list of the 5 top runway models that are out today?

I need their names for a scene in my book.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com