Terence Howard and his WHITE wife Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Terence Howard and his WHITE wife « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola
Username: Kola

Post Number: 1898

Rating: 
Votes: 13 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 03:08 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's the PERFECT EXAMPLE of what
I've been talking about---black people's
incessant HATRED for BLACK CHILDREN

Terence Howard

This man is ALREADY lightskinned with green eyes....much of his work makes an issue of the Racist Treatment of BLACK MEN......and yet he's not willing to REPRODUCE A BLACK CHILD (aka Black Man).

Yet we're supposed to CELEBRATE this cracker-stacked bullshit and PRETEND that the EPIDEMIC of it is "normal"--"real love".

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

LITTLE BOYS GROW UP....and DO WHAT THEY'VE SEEN THEIR FATHERS DO.

Black women are publicly called "Whores", "Bitches", "Evil Shrews" by BLACK MEN and Black Men's MEDIA.....BLACK MEN who have never protected black women or shown them love in this country

...yet these same Black men can CATER TO, PROTECT and UPHOLD THE HONOR...of the White Man's mother.

And then the Black Woman is BLAMED for this betrayal.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Abm

Post Number: 3776

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 05:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW!

<shruggingshoulders>

Libralind2
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 162

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 08:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tell us how you really feel Kola..I understand..
LiLi

Africanqueen
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Africanqueen

Post Number: 78

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 11:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I really enjoyed "Crash" the movie he was in. I think he did a really good job.

To me he's already white as it is.. but in black America he's still black. It's a hard decision he had to make, marrying a white girl. I don't think life's going to be easy for him considering all the hate for mixed marriages.
But I think his kids are going to look hispanic and hispanics are close to looking white so they won't have a problem.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 567

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 03:34 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still wonder, Kola, why you point this kind of thing out here. Is my idea about the "Cyber Drop Squad" so off? Why not take the message to where it will do the most good--or at least have some impact.

Or at least rile some feathers, if that's a goal to have.

As it stands, I don't think any of the regular visitors to this board are surprised about his wife.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3784

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 04:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'Vette,

At the risk of misrepresenting her, I think Kola is posting this here to boister the point she makes about Black men abandoning Black women.

Now. You could on one hand argue that Howard is himself so 'light' it isn't phenotypically incongruent for him to be drawned to a White (or Hispanic?) woman.

But then one could conversely argue that Terence lives as a Black man and is billed as a Black performer. So if that's relevant one's viewpoint, his choosing a White wife seems a bit inconsistent.

But he can, of course, do what and WHOM he wants. And I concur this is little "surprise" at all.

Always_lurking
Regular Poster
Username: Always_lurking

Post Number: 32

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 05:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn, no wonder he was all up on Beyonce at the award show lol.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 574

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 08:05 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

to boister the point she makes

...which needs bolstering here?

How many interracial hook-ups equals "abandonment"? How many hook-ups with women who some would deem "too light" or "not true Black women"?

I like Kola's and others' ideas and efforts about changing images of Black women in order to change hearts and minds. I was just wondering how pointing out this kind of info fits in with that program.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3791

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 09:32 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'Vette,

Admittedly, I may be erroneously asserting positions that do not accurately portray those of Kola's. So perhaps you should factor that into your analysis of what say.

And I agree when you get into the detail of much of what Kola asserts, it can get a tad murky.

But if what Kola says is true - that Non-Black and lightskinned Black women are preferred by Black men over the majority non-lightskinned Black women - one might consider what Howard and the like are doing a form of "abandonment".

I think Kola posted this here to note the irony that Howard, who is very popular right now especially amongst Black women is amongst the (alleged) growing number of famed/wealthy 'Black' men who have non-Black women.

Africanqueen

Post Number: 82

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 12:29 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Question: If anyone were to ask Terrence why he didn't marry a black girl, do you think he'd really say it's because they're too dark?

I just find it very hard to believe that the only reason black men marry white women is because of skin color.

I mean come on... I can't just say the men only do this.. women too marry white men. So I can't really put my judgement on Terrence, but all black people who hate its race.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3793

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 04:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen: "If anyone were to ask Terrence why he didn't marry a black girl, do you think he'd really say it's because they're too dark?"
ABM: A.Q. Maybe the better question to ask is would Terrence ADMIT to not marrying a Black girl "because they're too dark".

Black men date/marry White women for all SORTS of reasons, I suppose. Some of those reasons are probably quite honorable. Others perhaps not as much so.

And, still, others for some combination of the best and worst motives.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 574

Posted on Tuesday, July 05, 2005 - 07:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When none of us know him personally, I don't think anyone is qualified to make an accurate judgement of why he married who he married.

Because he isn't producing what some consider a "Black child" does not discredit his experiences as a Black man. Truth be told, his children, although they will not have dark skin, will still not be considered White. Because he is married to a White/Hispanic woman does not mean he is no longer living his life as a Black man. Obviously, he has every right to be billed as a Black performer because HE IS BLACK. People hype interracial marriage up in ways that are unneccessary--and completely inaccurate. I believe that one can marry interracially and still be actively involved in their respective communities. People can box one another, but no one can box love and how it unfolds. BTW, interracial marriage is, by no means, an "epidemic"--and, most likely, will never be.

And, I think his wife is "sweet" looking--she also has a cute shape. He sure wasn't honoring her when "B" was slithering all over his lap like a snake, though--that little dirty dog. Teehee.

Anunaki3600
Veteran Poster
Username: Anunaki3600

Post Number: 60

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 04:00 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What does it really mean when you say that you are "Black" in the U.S. of A? This issue has to be dealt with in order for this discussion to make any sense. Are you refering to blackness as a culture or does it refer to a skin pigmentation? In the U.K., from my little experience there, if you are not White, you are Black, that throws in individuals from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Indians, Jamaicans, etc into the same basket. I met some folks in New Orleans who where White, with blond hair and had green eyes and claimed to be Black? Anywhere else in the world they would be considered White. Is being Black an attitude or culture and if so, what are the common traits????

Kola

Post Number: 1937

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 04:58 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am an African.

I am not a goddamned Indian or a Pakastani...they ARE NOT my people.

Am I now to be dictated to by the British Master and the Scourge of New Orleans that just anybody can be me?

And when exactly will Black Men stop dehumanizing African people this way?

How do we CEASE being at the bottom of the world if everybody else can be us??

Are authentic black children obsolete now that White-looking children of White Supremacist Culture can call themselves "black children"? Is that what you're saying?

Kola

Post Number: 1938

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 05:01 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What I realize now, Anunaki...is that we black women must now give birth to a son who will rise up and slit YOUR throat.

It is the only way for our people to be liberated from White Supremacy---to kill those black men who promote and support it.

This is a very serious matter as it becomes more obvious that our enemies are no longer merely white or Arab.

It seems that EVERYONE wants to defile and ERASE the African.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3798

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 08:08 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

I have a nephew who EXCLUSIVELY dates White women.

He the whole package: handsome, 6'3", educated, employed, crime and (to my knowledge) disease free and has size 14 feet (Hahaha!). And he's pretty nice guy, actually.

And he was raised by a Black husband/wife.

He has had Black girls and women crawling all over him for years. Yet he relegates them to the 'friend' catagory while he ONLY dates/bones White women.

You're are right. It's unlikely any of us will ever know WHY Howard married a White woman.

But there are Black guys out there who want White women...because they're WHITE women.

Kola,

I find your replies to Anunaki odd. Because it seems to me he was merely attempting to ask questions, rather than make prescriptions, regarding what constitutes American Blackness.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 575

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I have a nephew who EXCLUSIVELY dates White women."-Abm

And, I find that to be extremely uncommon.

You're right that there are Black men who "want White women" because they are White--and are (initally) attracted to the features that are particularly common among White women. But, there are also Black men who want Black women because they are Black--and are (initially) attracted to the features that are particularly common among Black women. These, Abm, to me, are preferences....and we ALL have them to varying degrees. Obviously, the former is much, much less common than the latter. Considering this, who makes the decision that one "preference" is wrong/not normal and the other is right/normal--and on what basis?

If we were to take away all the racial/color discord in the world, people would still have problems with such "preferences"--people feel safer when they can be boxed and box others. We catergorize everything and forget to be human....forget to live.

Roxie
Newbie Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 20

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

--I have a nephew who EXCLUSIVELY dates White women.--

That kinda reminds me of a boy I went to high school with who never dated black girls because,acccording to him, a black girl did something bad to him or whatever.
Heck, at the senior prom he made the DJ play his Britney Spears CD, for which he was the only one dancing to it on the dancefloor.

That boy had issues. ^^'

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3800

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 11:54 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

You need to get around more.

There are PLENTY of young brothas who don't do the girl if they can't do the swirl.

Most of my nephews Black male friend eschew dating Black women. And my nieces (his sisters) complain about witnessing the same phenomena everywhere they go.

And THAT, as much as anything, is what cause SOME Black women to become perturbed by women like you. See. No disrepect, but this may be one of those instances where your Whiteness can obfuscate your being able to see the truth.

Now. I will concede this could be a generational thing. If most of the Blacks you associate with are +35, you probably witness much less IR mating than you do if your peers are younger.

But if the present predicts the future, 'twould seems ill-tidings await many of tomorrow's Black women who want Black men.

And it isn't just the "features" that cause SOME Black men date non-BW (though there CERTAINLY is NO shortage of glorification of White beauty around here). The men also have certain (often unfair/inaccurate) beliefs about the quality of WW that transcend the physical. Plus, some of them believe dating WW elevates their social status.

Preferences, likes and dislikes are fine in a fair world. This is NOT a fair world. Thus, the ramifications of such transcend the personal to the politic, policy and the culture.

Btw: Most of the Black women whom I've witness chase after my nef' are FAR better looking than the White women I've seen him with. And THAT's another phenomenon many BLACK women can attest to having witnessed.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 577

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 01:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

I don't think I need to get "around more". Interracial dating, as WE'VE discussed before (and you agreed), is NOT an epidemic. I (largely) base my opinion on this reason/fact. Second, while I see/encounter many IR couples in my particular area, which also happens to be extremely diverse and "progressive", it is still not commonplace.

While I don't doubt that there are "plenty" of brothers who do this, I'd beg to differ that there are PLENTY more that DON'T do 'the swirl'--and NEVER would.

You're right in that this could be generational, however, I'm younger than you think--not quite in that 35+ category..... yet :-) Therefore, I kinda discredit the age theory (so to speak) that you present. Is your nephew in his twenties?

About your nieces complaing about this "phenomena", I can't, by any means, discredit their experience. However, on the flip side (once again), because interracial dating/marriage isn't an epidemic, I think that the whole 'interracial thing' is way overblown. Plus, interracial couples happen to stand out more because of the obvious racial/color differences. But, statistically, the numbers of such couplings are so small. There are bigger fish to fry when it comes to Black men and the reasons why they may or may not be available....and non-black women aren't aren't the stumbling block....the culprit....the "evil"....that prevent them from being visible and accountable within the Black community--they are just scapegoats.

Again, you're correct in that SOME Black men have certain "unfair/inaccurate" beliefs about the quality of WW that transcend the physical. But, how many REALLY do and how many REALLY don't? You're correct in the SOME Black men believe that dating WW elevates their social status. But, how many REALLY do and how many REALLY don't? My point to you is not to deny that these situations occur, but to point out that often, people overanalyze situations they know NOTHING about. Ultimately, it's unproductive....and only makes people hate.

You're right, the world isn't "fair". But, is that man's fault or God's? Should people have to deny their God-given right to what they like because man doesn't accept it....or man can't "box" it within the limitations of their humanness? Yes, some personal choices in life WILL have ramifications that involve the politic, policy and the culture. But, as long as one allows themself to be "boxed", they continue to do their part in making the world unfair.

"Btw: Most of the Black women whom I've witness chase after my nef' are FAR better looking than the White women I've seen him with. And THAT's another phenomenon many BLACK women can attest to having witnessed."-Abm

We ALL have our opinion about what is beautiful and attractive. One man's filet mignon is another man's 'Spam'--and vice versa. When all is said and done, an outsiders "opinion" about how attractive a secure, happy and loving couple is (together or individually) is not going to influence that couple to stay together or not.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 581

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 06:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Obviously you do not live in the Twin Cities...

Queenofsheba
Newbie Poster
Username: Queenofsheba

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 08:46 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i remember when the Best Man came out, every actor in that freakin movie had a white wife except Morris Chestnut at the opening

sickening

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3804

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 08:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

Let’s get a FEW of things straight here!

I never said there was an “epidemic” of interracial dating. Nor am I attempting to “scapegoat” IR coupling (IRC). Nor did I refer to IRC as being “evil”, some “culprit”, “stumbling block” or the assorted other misnomers you appear to be erroneously attributing to MY views.

And the only thing that is “discredit” is you when you presume to know more about what Black people experience than do Black people, especially my NIECES who are LIVING the very issue you can more casually speculate upon.

Black foks know Black foks.

Do I know your husband personally? No. But I do more about his motivations, fears, regrets, that are UNIQUE to being an African American man, husband and father? You’re DAYAM right I do.

So don’t give me that convenient “don’t nobody know nothing about our love crap”. There are A LOT Black me who simply rather (attempt to) avoid many of the UNIQUE hassles and responsibilities of mating and marry Black women. It’s issue that creeps into the minds of A LOT of Black men at one time or another, especially when they’re increasing numbers of non-Black women who see to complicate the issue for them.

I'm not sure how you define an epidemic. But while I agree that IR coupling (IRC) has not reached that stage, it is an issue that's worthy of note and discussion. Yes, only about 10% of married Black men have non-Black wives. But some studies suggest that perhaps twice that percentage primarily date IR. And given the projections that 40 - 50% Black women may never marry, the marital prospect for women grow ever dire.

And, yes, the IRC phenomenon does not fully result in the unmated BW phenomenon. But there likely is SOME relationship between the 2.

I also agree that IRC is NOT the most pressing issue within the Black community. And were I to view it as a problem, I'd be more inclined to consider it a consequence of the larger issue of the internalization of White Supremacy within the Black community. Until THAT issue is thwarted, IRC will likely increase.

So that’s why I wouldn’t focus on IR. No matter great or small it is, is a small piece of a bigger pie.

Yes. My nef' is in his 20's. So maybe he and my nieces are more acutely familiar with and affected by IRC than either you or I can appreciate. Perhaps they see and live a present and FUTURE their elders do not.

And I agree I see less IRC than does Kola and Jackie who live on/near the West Coast. But, as is often the cast with the West, it blazes the trails for what's to follow throughout the nation.

There’s nothing WRONG with being in a “box”.

I am a Black man. Black husband. Black father. And I’m dayam proud of being identified as such. You respect my “box”. And I’ll respect yours.

Black people have a history and culture that is unique unto the world. It’s worthy of acknowledging a preserving. And NOT like some dead and bygone Egyptian or Assyrian culture. And it is for THAT reason we should vigilantly seek to ensure its continuation.

My nef’ is choosing these White girls primarily because they're White. Even he wouldn’t try to argue most of them are as pretty as the sistahs who are after him. Heck. When his own sisters ask him why he prefers to dates these homely White women over the prettier Black women who like him, he says...NOTHING.

Kola

Post Number: 1942

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 08:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ABM, I love you, my hero. :-)

Kola

Post Number: 1943

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 09:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One thing about SELFISH, near-sighted White Women like MOONSIGNS...is that they really don't know

ANYTHING (because they don't want to know)

about the Black Community as a whole/unique or as a viable, living, breathing "experience" unto itself that began long before a bunch of negroes crowned her Queen and NEW High Nigga Bitch of the Hood (replacing the High Yellow woman).

Moonsigns benefits from White Supremacy, and therefore, she supports and protects it---and she depends on Black Men's colorism and self-hate to alleviate her own insecurities and her own DISPLACEMENT from the higher echelon of the White firnament--she trades her WHITE STATUS for the status of "MARRIED WOMAN" (ie. chosen, desired--not a chickenhead). She is no different than the High Yellow black women of the Boule Jack N Jill set who argued that it was only right that they be chosen for their nearly white complexions and straight hair and white features----because Colorism benefitted them.

Moon will never admit that ABM just told it TOTALLY like it is.

She will never admit that I, Kola am not against Interracial Love---as much as I'm against Self-hatred and the ERASURE of my people.....which she blythely denies is the culprit or is taking place...

10% is an EPIDEMIC when world studies says that barely 3% of any group, under NORMAL circumstances, would choose a person from an outside race as their partner.

Not to mention that BLACK PEOPLE DO NOT "MARRY"---so that's 10% of the married folks. Not the total population.

This IS an epidemic caused by White Supremacist values....much of which has been nurtured by Self-Hating BLACK MOTHERS and certain types of Black women (some of whom frequent this board) who say---"too little, too late"---and who are reluctant to stand up for their own wants, needs, desires (because historically, Black American women don't have a template for it). They don't want to offend the Status Quo or GO AGAINST "the American dream" or make sorry ass Black men hate them anymore than they already do----so they MAKE EXCUSES for why they should suffer in silence.....and LOOK the other way.....while black men carry out unspeakable RACIST ideologies and beliefs against their own sisters...usually the darkest, blackest ones. Black Women have traditionally SUPPORTED THIS out of the insane belief that black men will

reward them for their LOYALTY.

BLACK PEOPLE PERIOD....are "accomplices" to the downfall and destruction of the Black Family and the DESECRATION, the virtual "murder" of the Black Woman---who they all hate because SHE makes them black.

Not just by color, but by ACCULTURATION. Something that NO white woman and no amount of BOOKS can give them.

Without Black Mothers---the children lose "Africa"---and because SO MANY Black American men have married/bred with YELLOW women over the last several decades....there is now an abundance of people with brown skin who really do not VALUE "black people" or truly possess "Black" ACCULTURATION.

The One Drop Rule...completely DEMOLISHES the identity of black people and is a virtual death warrant, allowing WHITES to steal/act out the identity of the true blacks---who become obsolete and are bred into death.

BLIND selfish women like yourself, "MOONSIGNS" are just WEAPONS of White Supremacy. You help to divide and destroy the black community by killing off Black people--authentic black people---and replacing them with NEUTRAL stock---a kind of colored pod people. Bastards, as the bible would call them, whose job it is to remove Black Americans that much further away from AFRICA and their true identity and heritage.

Lessening their THREAT to whiteness...which is why the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA actively recruits so many LATINOS into this nation--to USURP the bounty that MY CHILDREN built/created and rightfully belongs to them.

Through your words/beliefs...the children receive WHITE ACCULTURATION COMMENTING ON BLACKNESS...thus forever predisposing these children to a middle territory where they belong neither to Whiteness nor Blackness.

A limbo mixed group.

A VERY FEW...like my Arab Birth Father or Barack Obama attempt to return to the Black Side, submerging their mixed blood in BLACK blood.

But still, 90% of these people see themselves as "Open to all races, free souls, etc." Which may seem CHIC to "niggerstock"---but it's not what any group of people can build an empire on.

The Revolution...will not be televised, because the revolution is taking place in the Wombs of the Darkest, angriest most INVISIBLE black women. The ones that go unseen by black men, by white leeches like yourself and by everyone.

Mixed women LIKE ROXIE flit around with all their positive attitude and "good wishes"....completely ignoring the fact that a whole race and culture of people (the Black Americans) are being WIPED OUT---just like the American Indians were wiped out----and that the Universe will rise up and CURSE and BE-damn all your children and mixed people...

...because of it.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3809

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 09:59 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

I appreciate how you feel about me. And I feel the same.

But, honestly, I'm just telling the truth as I see it.

:-)

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 588

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 10:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think we all tell the truth as we "see" it.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3810

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

That MAY be true. But life often dictates that some of us "see" some things more clearly and accurately than others "see" them.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 590

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 10:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

I couldn't agree with you more.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 591

Posted on Friday, July 08, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

The "misnomers" that you are referring to are my words. I never once implied that they are views you hold. However, I've been called enough names--and even spit at ( and just minding my business at that)--to know that more people think like that than not (that WW, on the merit of the skin color alone, are "evil").

I also stated that I could never discredit your nieces experiences. But, she can't discredit my experiences either. Perspective varies from person to person. Like I said in one of my posts, while I don't doubt there are these "dating" issues, I feel confident that IR couplings aren't a significant reason why Black women and men aren't entering into marriage. I think people are, generally, more willing to experiment with dating--but not marriage. Once the dating experiences are over, most people marry within their racial and cultural backround--stats prove it. Obviously, Black men are still fathering Black children in far greater numbers than they are Biracial children. Black men, regardless of what anyone says here, still desire to be with (and procreate with) Black women. Respectfully (and naturally), I leave that to Black women and men to bridge the gap (parenthood without marital commitment).

Naturally, you and my husband would be able to relate to one another on certain levels--you're both men and both happen to be Black. But, just as quickly as I hear/read Blacks saying to non-Blacks that the Black community is not a "monolithic community", I think that (GENERALLY) Blacks don't hold one another to this very same standard. There is a sort of....unspoken expectancy (if I can call it that) of what is considered to be "Black" and what is not. I'm not getting into detail for many reasons. However, I will say that the similarities that people share can be a source of strength....but, they can also be a source of weakness.

"don't nobody know nothing about our love crap."-Abm

I know I never implied such--where did this come from?

I'm very happy for you that you are content in the "box" which you have declared for yourself. When someone else chooses your box for you (by half-ass psychoanaylzing) and it infringes on your rights as a human being (and as an individual), that is when it is unproductive. That has been my point all along.

I believe that all the positive aspects of ANY culture should be preserved and continued.

In regards to your nephew, if you say he only wants White women because they have white skin, I (obvioulsy) can't say you're wrong. I don't know him. But, I'm glad to know and interact with Black men (who have non-Black mates) that don't have the same mind frame.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 592

Posted on Friday, July 08, 2005 - 03:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Everyone, including myself, understands that you are "against Self-hatred and the ERASURE of your people." However, in demanding that your people not be "erased", you think everyone who isn't "authentic" (as you say) is the enemy. I think what you fail to have is balance when you look at these situations--and, it makes your argument weightless because you suggest that those who aren't "authentic" (and without even knowing them PERSONALLY) serve no purpose in this world but to be evil. And, that's just not true.

The term "bastard", especially when it's referred to in the Bible, is used to describe a child who is born to UNmarried parents--NOT a group of "neutral" stock that are keeping Black Americans from their culture and history. That is proably one of the stupidest things I've ever read. In this day and age, ESPECIALLY in the US, people can access the information they want. Self-education may be required rather than depend on a biased "system" to teach the truth, nevertheless, TRUTH regarding history and culture is available for those who TRULY want it.

"Authentic" people, "high yellow women", white women, and "neutral stock" all have a right to be here. Like I said awhile back, Africa is not America, and America isn't Africa. Just as one wouldn't find much diversity in Africa, one can't expect to come to America and have it populated by a pure, racial majority. America, for the most part, has been, and will always be full of people who come from diverse racial, cultural and faith backrounds--and, that is why most people desire to come here. I am of the firm belief that if one truly desires to be around only people who they feel are "authentically" like them--"Bye, Bye". And, I don't care if it's an Asian, European, South American or African. The world is a big place.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3814

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 02:06 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

I don't mind misnomers. We all use'em. I just don't dig them being explicitly or implicitly attributed to me.

And you're belaboring the IRC thing even though I've already conceded it's NOT amoungst the most pressing issues in the Black community.

Really, beat THAT drum to Kola.

It's not so much an "unspoken expectancy" amongst Black men. It's experiences that Black men have than other people typically do not have. And, frankly, the LAST people who can really appreciate them and their effects are White women.

Moonsigns: "In regards to your nephew, if you say he only wants White women because they have white skin, I (obvioulsy) can't say you're wrong. I don't know him. But, I'm glad to know and interact with Black men (who have non-Black mates) that don't have the same mind frame"
ABM: You hope.

Kola

Post Number: 1948

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 01:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But Moon I do consider "YOU" to be an enemy of my people.

And it always kills me how people like your ilk expect me--an African mother---to be diplomatic and "understanding" about the ERASURE of MY CHILDREN (the Black Americans are MY CHILDREN--regardless of what YOU OR THEIR nigger asses have to say about it) as if I'm some passive slave or something.

Life is too short to beat around the bush and talk in riddles. I may die tomorrow...but I've already set an example and made a CLEAR STATEMENT to "MY CHILDREN" about what my standards are.

The day will come...when they won't give a fuck about what YOU think. And I will be the only one they're searching for...because they'll discover, as all niggers discover, that what they really want....is a home of their own.

You're nothing but a confused, silly white trick who wasted her life on a black man's bullshit confusion and rhetoric. Your kids will pay dearly and in old age---you will demure.

And it takes one to know one. We black women did the same thing. But the difference is---we're his natural mate.

Edenson
Regular Poster
Username: Edenson

Post Number: 29

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 09:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola Boof... No matter what you're still half original. You're still half authentic. You put down everything that is you. You hate Arabs then you must hate yourself. You hate whites then you must hate yourself. No one has the right to judge who or why someone marries the person they marry. If a person is attracted to a specific thing then so be it.

I have friends who are only attracted to hispanics. I have some who are only attracted to whites, some to darkskin blacks some to lightskin blacks.... Some people only like big girls, and some only like tall skinny girls. There is someone for everyone. How dare you condemn anyone for dating outside of their race when you are a product of that. You don't dictate what makes someone black. Malcolm X was lightskin and he was considered black in America. In your country they would probably consider him to be Arab like Farrakahn.... Kola, you live by your own standards, and no one else's.... You will contradict yourself over and over again and not even realize it.

To me black is merely a state of mind that was forced into our heads by people who obviously wanted to take over. I am not black. I am God first, I am a man second, and I am the farmer of the Earth last. I dont have to put down anyone else, or their race, or their sex 2 make myself superior... My point is I love myself. I love my nappy hair, and when cut really low looks wavy. I love my brown chinky eyes. I love my dark brown skin. I love my Haitian culture, even though my birth place was in New York City.

I know I have different races mixed all up in me, so unless you can trace your roots thru every single person in your family back to the first being on Earth, then I don't want to hear it. When you wear your pride on your sleeve, and know you are the shit, there is no need for you to say a word because automatically people know they are in the presence of royalty.... If you have to talk down to people it obviously means they're not on your level.... So what's the point???????

Much Luv, Stay Strong....
edenson

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 597

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:45 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"You hope."-Abm

Just like you know your nephew, I know the people I interact with.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 598

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

You can "consider" me anything you want--it doesn't make it true.

No one should have to be diplomatic regarding the erasure of their people/culture. However, that is not the case. Your people aren't being erased. You live in America, and America will, most likely, never have a pure, racial majority. If you want a pure (authentic) majority you will have to go live among "your own" far, far away from here. I'm not suggesting you leave--or even saying, "leave". However, it's obviously counterproductive for you to believe it's going to happen here. Your "authentic Black" utopia is exclusive, not inclusive--opposite of everything America embodies.

I've never said people have to give a "f" about what I think. I'm glad when people can think on their own. However, ALL humans must respect one another. We all share the earth. The earth is HOME to all of us. If some people/colors/cultures want to branch off and create their exclusive communities, so be it. Just don't infringe on my right to live in a diverse community. Again, it's about respect.

The issues we are discussing are about common sense....common respect....common, human decency towards one another--issues you fight for (and should fight for) and want the benefit of the doubt for. However, you and your cause appear self-serving and hypocritical when you can't bestow the same graciousness on others that you want for yourself. With that being said, say what you want about myself, my kids, and my husband--and any other family like ours. We live the truth while you keep force feeding yourself lies.

It's worthless to engage in discourse with you regarding who and what are "natural mates". Your the same woman who also believes homosexuality is "natural". With that being said, your idea of what is "natural" is rather loose....and, in this case, you use the word "natural" only to fit your agenda.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 599

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:39 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and....
I really hope that in your heart of hearts, you will come to understand that our disagreements are not about us being so different but from wanting the same thing. You want to live and love in a way that makes you complete--and so do I. Neither one of us has the right to tell one another we're wrong in that pursuit. But, on a human level, I believe we are obligated to respect one another.

That's why I can't dislike you.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3828

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

Touché.

Still. I wager I'm more capable of divining my nephews thoughts and feelings than are you those of your Black friends. Because, unlike you, I've more closely thought, felt and lived as he has than have you as them.

But, now, if you argue you know more about what's going on in the minds/hearts of White women, I concede you are likely correct (though, I might question how candid you might be about some of the more 'sensitive' issues).

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 600

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 08:08 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I wager I'm more capable of divining my nephews thoughts and feelings than are you those of your Black friends."-Abm

You definitely have a point (and a right) to feel this way. However, (I feel) there are two major (major) differences between your nephew and the Black men I associate with. Your nephew is only in the dating phase--the men I know are married and have been with their spouse for 5 years or more. They are men who have been with their signficiant other during college years (if not prior), dealt w/ various struggles and (most) are now raising children. They are also men, largely because of the area we live in, who have never had an exclusively White dating pool--they've dated all types of women--and don't have the backwords mindset to think that one woman is prettier than another based on the merit of skin color. Nevertheless, there is an element that you relate to more than myself, however, there are also tremendous variables involved that make these men and your nephew on opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to who they are with and why.

"But, now, if you argue you know more about what's going on in the minds/hearts of White women, I concede you are likely correct (though, I might question how candid you might be about some of the more 'sensitive' issues)."-Abm

Well, I'm certainly not the mouthpiece for all White women. Within every racial/gender group there are, again, tremendous variables involved in how and why any given person thinks the way they do. What "sensitive" issues are you questioning my ability to be candid about?

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3829

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 09:00 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

I know some of your BM friends who have White wives have choosen WW for very much the same reasons why my nephew exclusively dates WW. Perhaps you agree. Perhaps you disagree. But I KNOW they do.

And to answer your question: I believe there are things that WW, especially though like yourself who have Black mates, THINK, SAY and DO concerning BM, BW and racial matters in general that in all your MANY posts here you've NEVER mentioned.

And those unspoken things would corroberate much of what Kola frequently argues.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 596

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:06 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Probably a long shot, but has anyone here read "Multiracial Couples: Black and White Voices"? One of my profs/dissertation committee members (Paul Rosenblatt) is one of the co-authors. If you have read it, I'd be interested in hearing your reactions.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 601

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:30 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I know some of your BM friends who have White wives have choosen WW for very much the same reasons why my nephew exclusively dates WW. Perhaps you agree. Perhaps you disagree. But I KNOW they do."-Abm

Not saying that there aren't BM out there that do that, however, I feel the likelihood of the men I know having such mentalities, is slim to none. So, yeah, I disagree. Could I be wrong? Sure. By the way these men live, I seriously doubt I am. On another note, I feel that it is also extremely hard for people in general, and Blacks in this case (you included), who would never marry interracially (or even consider it), to accept that there are Blacks who marry without having superficial reasons. It's like....because you wouldn't do it, you couldn't imagine why anyone else would.

"I believe there are things that WW, especially though like yourself who have Black mates, THINK, SAY and DO concerning BM, BW and racial matters in general that in all your MANY posts here you've never mentioned."-Abm

Abm, give me specifics as to the ways in which you THINK I think regarding BM, BW and racial matters in general. Otherwise, I think they are simply ideas/stereotypes/myths you entertain about WW in interracial relationships, not real thoughts I'm actually thinking or emotions I'm feeling.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3830

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 01:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

I won't argue what you do and do not know about the BM with whom you enjoy some association.

But I do know there's no seperating the superficial from the real. Not really. Because what we think and expect (superfical) often BECOMES real to us.

I'm not suggesting that all the BM you know who have White wives married them strickly/solely because they're White. BUT I wager their wives Whiteness give them certain advantages with the men regarding certain issues and behavior that Black women might be view ENTIRELY differently for.

For instance, the mean, hostile, defiant Black b*+%# is has become a stereotypical archtype. Thus, if/when a Black woman exert herself a certain way in certain circumstances, she's very often unfairly labeled by many people, including MANY BM.

I wager YOU know SOME of those BM.

And there you go putting words into my mouth: "It's like....because you wouldn't do it, you couldn't imagine why anyone else would.

That's neither fair or accurate. And it's obviously a blatant attempt to taint what I say with a prejudice that I do NOT really harbor.

And if you're incapable of identifying that which I allude to, I'll presume I'm either in error, you're either ignorant of it or you're not REALLY willing to have a candid conversation.

But I'll ask these questions: If I am harboring/venting "ideas/stereotypes/myths", can it be that YOUR the BM and WW you know do the same? Of do you consider them to be uniquely 'enlightened' about such matters?

Kola

Post Number: 1951

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 03:47 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ABM,

I received the following Email tonight from an author who is friends with Assata Shakur's nephew (19). After watching my video, the nephew wrote this to my author friend's Yahoo Writer's Group:

As a proud african/black man, I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Kola Boof has to say!! I feel like a lot of black men have turned their backs on the black woman because of self hatred. For alot of us(black males)we just don't want to be reminded of our blackness! So alot of us will want to breed the blackness or our africaness out of us by going out and finding anything or anyone who does not have the same complexion of our own black mothers. It's quit sad if you ask me!

If you read some of her work and have seen some of her interviews,she really does go at black male by saying things like:"the black man is the biggest disappointment since God". and you know what,I can't really disagree with her. I understand that she attacks us(and rightfully so) because she truely loves us and she knows what we are capable of but we are so stuck on the "white is right" syndrome that we aren't really able to see and think staite.

You sisters should just hear what some of our brothers are saying in these locker rooms about black females! I use to play on a football team so I know what gets said in those types of places and some of the things some of these brothers are saying could almost be seen as having genocidal thoughts!!! Sometime, it's so painfull that I have gotten in physical confrontation with these bothers for talking like that not only in front of other balck males but in front of other males of other races!!!

We are in bad shape sisters! But we need more black women to let the masses of the black males know that what we are doing is eventually going to get us wiped of the planet, because like Kola boof said it's not only going on in the african american community, but this kind of mentality is starting to spread on the african continent!! It needs to be stoped because we has black people have the right to live to. It just makes me sick and i'm a black man, I would really hate to find out what it's doing to you sisters!!! We will overcome tho,I just hope that it is sooner rather then later!!!

ABM, he was defending me against two Black American women in the group who felt that I was "bashing" the brothers and that they needed to come to the rescue of poor, defenseless black men by demonizing that evil AFRICAN "titty creature", as they called me.

The real truth about those two Yellow COWS...is that they want dibs on this 19 year old JOCK-boy and they thought their posturing in front of him would win them points. To their shock...he stook up for ME. And I'm not even in the damned group! The poor kid almost PEEED on himself when I telephoned him tonight to thank him. I busted up when he kept calling me "Mam".

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3832

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:38 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

I'm happy that what you espouse apparently has a nascient presense amongst YOUNG Black men. Because a "19 year old JOCK-boy" is better equipped to reach certain vital elements within the Black community than either you or I are.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 609

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 04:44 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

I think there are negative, "stereotypical archtypes" about every gender and racial group--that cause individuals, at one time or another, to be victims of prejudice. I'm not saying it's right, that's just what I've found to be true. I've never had a BM come out and say that to my face (regarding BW). I've only encountered one situation where a BM I know made reference to a White women he was dating. He was commenting on how "different" she was. I won't go into detail, but to make a long story short, I cut the conversation short because I pointed out how his experience has nothing to do with her race--which he was trying to say it did. His mother and immediate female relatives, all of which I know, are incredibly kind, gentle and quiet women and I told his "theory" (so to speak) was wrong. I asked him how his mother would feel if she heard him saying that--it ended the conversation--and, he got my point. That's it, though. I mostly see BM with BW--and, that's what they seem to want and aren't negative in the least. I'm not saying it's some lovefest out here because I think most male/female relationships, because of our culture, are somewhat strained. Nevertheless, BM still desire BW more than non-Black women and I think it will always be that way.

You write that's it not "fair" or "accurate" for me to say it's (interracial marriage) something you'd never enter into. Based on everything that I've read that you've written, I am assuming you never would. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But, I think I'm right.

Yeah, BM and WW couplings, as a whole, aren't this group of "enlightened beings". Nevertheless, I think the general mindset of individuals who are willing to date outside their race is extremely different than those who are intolerant of the very concept--they *tend* to be more worldly (if that's the right word to describe it). Just my experience.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3847

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 05:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

Were I a single man, I'd pursue Black women to date and marry. I wouldn't SWEAR off non-Black women. But I wouldn't actively pursue them either.

I'll leave it to you to decide how "worldly" that makes me.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 611

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 07:46 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

Sounds as if you aren't the "type" I was describing--"intolerant" of the very concept of interracial dating/marriage. You obviously have somewhat of an open mind if you don't completely "swear" the idea off. However, for you to pursue BW to date and marry is no surprise to me....it's more common and socially acceptable--interracial dating is not.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3849

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 09:56 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

That...plus I find Black women to be most splendidly beautiful, resourceful and spiritual people on Earth.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 612

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:41 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

It's good to know what you like!

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3855

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 01:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

What's NOT to "know"?

A Black man who can not see and embrace the beauty of his mother and sister is lost.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 613

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 03:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

My comment was not to incite a debate--you know what you like, and that is good. Some people don't, especially in regards to knowing what they want in a mate, and harm themselves and others (emotionally and mentally--and sometimes physically) by being aimless. And, I agree with you, if a Black man cannot appreciate/embrace the beauty of his "mother" and "sister" , he is lost. But, I also think this applies to all men, though. The foundation of being able to appreciate and embrace the opposite sex is, to me, a basic, human dynamic of respect in motion--a dynamic that transcends race/color.

On another note, I believe our current culture is a grim reflection of how out-of-balance a majority of male/female relationships are.

Again, I'm glad you feel the way you do. Your wife, and especially your daughters, will continue to grow in health, stability and joy knowing you love, care and protect them as you do!

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3863

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 03:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

It's not my intent to debate either. But you made an erroneous allusion to my preference in a mate and I clarified my viewpoint.

No harm. No foul.

Moreover, I don't know why you made a point of saying "It's good to know what you like." Because I think everyone at least think they know that and they act accordingly.

Though it may appear "aimless" to you or me, that's really for them to endure.

Now. I can admire the beauty of all manner of human female. The woman is GOD's most beauteous creation. But I also believe there are times/circumstances that demand we do that which may transcend certain individual inclinations.

I find your comments about how "out-of-balance" relations interesting. Because I wonder were there EVER a time and place when/where people, especially WOMEN, felt anyway else.

But thanks for your sentiments about my family. I wish the same blessings to you and yours.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 614

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 04:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Abm,

I wrote that for the reason I cited above-- some people, although they "think" they know what they like, really don't. While you're correct that it's really for "them" to endure, being "aimless" proves to have a negative impact on our culture (especially children).

I understand and respect the point you are making regarding "times/circumstances" requiring "individual inclinations" to be denied. But, in this case, it's a fine line between following one's heart verses doing what others want and expect for the purpose of serving their agenda. Often times, when we do things because others want us to....or there is an "expectency" of some sort but our heart isn't "in it", it can make one bitter--resentful even. "To thine own heart be true"....right? wrong?

"I find your comments about how "out-of-balance" relations interesting. Because I wonder were there EVER a time and place when/where people, especially WOMEN, felt anyway else."-Abm

You make an extremely valid and interesting point. I don't want to romantize the many challenges women have faced (and continue to face) regarding the "boys will be boys" mentality that has always exisited. However, while I'm still quite a young woman, I look at my grandmother's/mother's generation and they *seemed* to have stronger family values that appeared to stem from stronger values regarding personal discretion (in all respects). Women weren't so loose with their goods (intellectually, spiritually, sexually) and men weren't so quick to exploit them. I think that there was more of a standard that was set and children were expected to follow, which in turn, required them to take accountability for their actions--more than what is expected of our youth today. While I don't want to imply that this structure made people happy all the time, it certainly created a more orderly society and culture--safer neighborhoods, less crime, less drugs, lower rates of illgitimacy. So, while there were certain aspects of male/female relationships that were "out-of-balance", there were many more (IMO) that were in balance and, which ultimately, kept the family unit together and thriving.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3866

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 05:18 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moonsigns,

I've come to believe that people can be pretty interchangeable.

If you're basically an honest, law-abiding, provident, productive and decent looking person, I don't see why you couldn't find a 1,000 soulmates.

So I largely discount the notion of people finding "the right one". Sure, I suppose such exists, that you some how magically find the one-true love of your life.

But it's been my observation that more times than not foks at best find enough positive things about being together to get them past the other stuff about'em that drives you nuts.

So if we're suffering any type of social/cultural deficit it's that of people being so inured in myriad wants/beliefs/fantasies about what life is SUPPOSE to be that they can never really accept what it IS.

I would NEVER under ANY circumstances commit myself to someone that had NOT captured my heart (and incited my loins). But, again, I don't find such to be as rare/finite as legends would have us believe.

The paradox of our times is we have so much more yet so much LESS than what our mothers/fathers had.

We seem so much busier than they, yet, truly, what are we getting done?

This is something that I often do: I look at great old skyscrappers, bridges, farmland and interstates roadways, man-made levies/dams and railroads and I MARVEL at the thought of caliber people who BUILT those. And I futilely wonder whether WE could...would do that now.

Of course the women were better then than now. Because they had to birth, raise and love men who had to be become better.

You can't be whoring around when you're tasked with making families to make a country, fight Hitler, build railroads, desegregate schools and fight the Klan.

Yes. The mores and ethics you refer to are what guided us. But it was having an authetic purpose and committing to missions that transcend our puerile, selfish desires that buttressed and validated the strictures your reference.

For instruction without purpose is meaningless.

Alas, so much is conveniently done for us, there's so much less commitment to earnest, consistent effort that it's no surprise we've descend into decadence and depravity.

And THAT is largely what we suffer.

PS: I look at my daughters and PRAY they become a FRACTION of the woman that my mothers is.

Lily
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 06:45 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think Terence looks good with his wife.

Not every interracial couple is formed from self hatred and not every IRC is a threat to black folks. I loves ya Kola, but get real. My Uncle married two black women, then married a white woman, now he's dating a black sister from Barbados. Some people just do not care about color. I'm not saying that I side with Moonsigns. I see my thinking more like ABM on this. Some of it is good, some of it is bad.

But you shouldn't pick on Terrence Howard. That's my baby. :-)

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 604

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 11:50 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well then, Lili, you'll appreciate this piece about your baby LOL!http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/int/2005/07/16/howard/index.html

Me, I've never found him particularly attractive. It looks like he's perrenially high...Reminds me of the drunk/high dudes that useta try to talk to me in da'cluuub in my younger days. *shudder*

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3877

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 11:31 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'Vette,

I agree Howard does often have that "Yawl know where a brotha can cop a blow?" look to him.

But perhaps he often suffers from some type of allergy that causes his eyelids to puff.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 608

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 11:37 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But perhaps he often suffers from some type of allergy that causes his eyelids to puff.

Perhaps. We should put the brother in a room with one bowl full of Benadryl and another full of Cap'n Crunch Crunchberry cereal. See which one he goes for. That'll be our answer.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 3879

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

'Vette,

Now that ain't fair. You know that brothah's going to go for the Crunchberry regardless of his allergic conditions.

HAHAHA!!!

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 613

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Then his quote-unquote-allergies must not be that bad! LOL!

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 622

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 01:46 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Yvettep. I don't think Terrence is that attractive, either. He does look like he's high a lot. If he's not, and he doesn't have any major health issues, he proably doesn't feed and take care of his body properly. Maybe he needs to drink some wheat grass and get a couple colonics--LOL!

Kola

Post Number: 1971

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 04:06 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"NO NAME IN THE STREET”
by Kola Boof

They killed their own mother/
And the White People watched.

They killed their own mother
because they wanted to be
FREE/
(of the pain in her body)
Out of lies...they conjured up Hands.
Fists that PIMPED the Soul Machete.
They killed their own mother
because--she was black.

As Ghana
as dancing/as smiling
as chocolate cake batter on children's faces
as dusk
as cranberries
as yams/as honey
as Red and Gold leaves come autumn
as charcoal...they killed their own mother.
And the White People watched.

You see them with their lies
African nigger-stock
Proud and free as Piss
HIP hopp-ING
and carrying on
about their ancestors
—as Blind and ignorant as
new puppies underneath
a House Porch.
This is what Blind love reaps.
This is what Blind love reaps.
Disappointment that has no name in the street.

These killers
with no name in the street
who dare Call/ the White Man...Satan.

These HIP...HIP killers.

Viqi_french
Newbie Poster
Username: Viqi_french

Post Number: 17

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 05:28 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My young cousin in the interracial capitol of America -- Minneapolis -- rationalizes his choice of a long-term relationship with white women as follows: "It's not that I chose her because she's white. I just love those who love ME."

Seems a simple statement, but I have to respect the deep undercurrents running through it. 'Cause you know what: I want the same damned thing! I'd like everyone on Earth to cater to my ego, too.

Since this won't happen, I'd sure like my mate to ogle me as if I'm the best thing God created, moan like my sexual prowess is unbearable, frequently bring me breakfast in bed, not fuss when I need time alone, cheerfully wash and fold all of my clothes, and always take my side when others are critical of me. You know, spoil me rotten!

I don't like seeing it, either. But I can't argue with the concept of hooking up with a person who lets you have your way on every issue. Or who tries to avoid pushing your hot buttons like the plague. This is largely the type of relationship I'm in, where I am loved despite my brattish quirks.

Sisters, lets get real. We're not built to make these self-centered guys happy. And if they're that self-centered, we really don't want them, anyway!

Viqi_french
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 18

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 05:34 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

P.S.

Well, he doesn't actually wash and fold my clothes, but if I could get this fixed, he'd "almost" be perfect! :-)

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't it kind of racist to suggest that out of all the millions upon millions of black women in this country, it was impossible for a black woman to love your nephew?

Sorry, Viqi, but your post sounds typical, and I'm really disappointed in you.

You're not only accepting his excuses, but you're doing what the rest of society does, stereotyping and demonizing black women. Blaming them because your nephew wanted a white girl.

I know tons of black girls and women who cook and pamper men, Viqi.

I also know tons of white girls whose attitudes are no different than black women, who are not doormats and easily played, but somehow black men like your nephew will accept all kinds of faults and imperfections in a woman as long as she ain't black.

That's what's real.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 105

Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:50 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a question. Why does "wanting to breed lightness" apply to black men only, why not to black women also? I mean come on... I'm sure skin color matters to both sexes.

Anyway, I think it's rediculous having to talk about this because no one is capable of stopping interacial marriages. God moves people from place to place and they end up being mixed up in other races. It is not something a voice can change in my opinion. Still, I admire Kola's concern about selfhate in the black community. It is out there and it disgusts me, but I don't think that black men marrying white women are the only ones at fault. I have seen black men who bleach their skin color just so they would find a date in the club... ewwwww....

Kc_trudiva
Username: Kc_trudiva

Post Number: 92

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 09:33 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who cares who Terrence Howard marries? Some black folks put too much emphasis a lot of nothing. Interracial marriage is here to stay whether you like it or not. It doesn't make the person marrying the other race less black (or white); it makes them human.

Like Michael Jackson said, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror/I'm asking him to change his ways/...if you want to make the world a better place/take a look at yourself and make a change." Go Michael, with bleached skin and all. He's not trying to change the entire world, only his.

If you don't like interracial marriages, then marry a black man (or woman) and find something more productive to beef about. How about world peace?

The_ethiopian
Newbie Poster
Username: The_ethiopian

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 01:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

damn niggers are like toilets........u niggers are doing the white , hispanic etc race a favor......they all dump there fat and ugly unfuckable woman on u negros and the niggers love it..i guess it is an improvement to nthe niggers gene pool.....i think black men dont want black woman because they want to speed up there evolution in to human beings...........and they cant do that with there fellow woman..........nigger were, are, and always will be = shit..........and thats from the heart.

Jackie
Regular Poster
Username: Jackie

Post Number: 39

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 01:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL Lil Ethiopian my ass ! You are so right, us "niggers" are going to keep pokin' your white women, making your rednecks disappear. Your options for Aryan recruits are depleting huh ? I feel ya on that one Lil Ehtiop. Wees "niggers" gonna continue to dominate the world, entertainment and otherwise, you're gonna keep on seeing our nappy hair and wide noses in your neighborhood, on television, on your radio, serving your food, in the work place. AHHHHHH ! Like a bad dream man that keeps reoccuring. Your women are going to keep hoppin the fence, cause let's face it... your little aryan dick...well it's just not doing the job man and that's what's really going on....you're alone and you're scared, and all your white friends are listening to rap music and have black friends...and you can't take it. It's freakin you out man. You're pimply redneck is probably sitting in your hot ass room with your bible and nazi flag/conferate flag, jackin off, cause none of your women want YOU. Your parents are probably drunk or fighting, and pickin their teeth and don't give a fuck about you and what you're doing. LOL you're right we are here to stay baby !!! Yeah !

Jackie Parker
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 02:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jackie.

I will have to post as Jackie Parker. There's two of us!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 106

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 07:38 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethiopian,

In America nobody dumbs anyone on the other. It's free country honey so anyone marries anyone. There ain't no arranged marriages here so it's all good.

See that light skinned black man up there with the white woman? Take a good look at his wife and tell me if she's fat and ugly. No, black people know the difference between ugly and fuckable thank you very much!

Not all black men don't want black women...and am sick of people like you pointing out the black man and not the black woman because it's not just the man who's at fault. The black woman too.

And well if niggers are like toilets so are the hispanics and whites doing the niggaz cuz they're all on the same page when they marry.. they married for the same reason, "love"... So don't come around here judging people, you're the damn toilet for being Ethiopian and talking shit about black people because dammit Ethiopia is Africa and so are black people in the US. So shame on you nigga.

How about you get a life and just be happy with what God puts on your table instead of judging something you're not capable of stopping?

Viqi_french
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 20

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 09:53 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie wrote:
"Isn't it kind of racist to suggest that out of all the millions upon millions of black women in this country, it was impossible for a black woman to love your nephew?"

Well, Jackie, it may be racist -- call it what you like -- but I don't think that invalidates my cousin's feelings or point. God showed up with some love for the brother, and he did not look the gift horse in the mouth, just because his cousin Viqi seemed uncomfortable with it. Who cares what I (or you or Kola) think? We're not there when they cry at night, we're not feeding them when they lose their job. But I guess God gave my cousin the white girl to play these crucial roles.

Again, I don't like seeing the interracial thing, either. I feel irritated when I walk by these couples and I'm sure they can sense it.

But that said, I don't feel good about having these feelings. I don't allow anybody to pick my mates, so I sure don't have the right to try to pick anyone else's.

My point is: Deep, reciprocated love is the ultimate in life. If you can find it, give God the praises every second! To walk away from God's gift, just because "Jackie and Viqi" have a problem with it would be insane.

It's like this... You need cash for surgery, or you'll die. Period. You see a huge sack of money on the street. You wonder if God "placed" it here for you, to save your life. Prayer answered! Poof!

You thank God and open the sack. You're shocked that it contains a million French Francs!! What would you do, Jackie?

Sounds to me like you'd think, "Darnit. I wanted this to be U.S. dollars! God, you screwed up BIG time! I'm just going to have to pass this sack of Francs by, and keep wandering in circles till I find a million U.S. dollars lying in the street... There must be millions of these bags around!! And I'll keep wandering, or just die first, because I can't convert French Franc to U.S.D. and save my life."

Well, Jackie, I think some people have figured out to just take God's gift (i.e., love) in whatever form it comes. And figure out the details on the back end. He ain't guaranteed to place another sack at your feet, girl!

The_ethiopian
Regular Poster

Post Number: 27

Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jackie......u are a foolish negro....do u think u will just assimilate in america lol...the whites created AIDS for your kind they experminted on your black ass......in the future u can be sure they can genetically wipe u out if they feel the neeed to decrease your population......the only reason u are still alive in this country is because they want u here.......did u know the U.S government steralized thousands of black woman in the south in the 1960s......imagine what they can do to your black ass now.........u dumb niggers wouldnt know a genetically engineered disease if it bit u in the ass.....hahaha

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 111

Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 01:52 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my goodness, ethiopian you iz a sicko! I don't think the black community will ever be wiped out as long as white people continue to bring Africans into their country. You are so wrong about this one. And well there is Mexicans and Chinese, etc in America asshole.

Give me the facts about the damn experiment asshole and I may understand your dumb AIDs comment. What is your problem, coming in here talking bs to people, lol.

Of course the dumbass human being (white people in the 60s) would do what it pleases with its product. I'm sure you do whatever you want with those onions in your kitchen. That is how the whites treated their slaves..

And what is a genetically ingineered disease? Can you please explain that to me?

The_ethiopian
Regular Poster

Post Number: 28

Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 11:00 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well africanqueen a genetically enginereed disease is an artificial disease created in the lab AKA( biological weapon).....a few weeks ago they came up with a drug for heart disease that only works on black ppl...see if they can make something that specifically heals blacks u can be sure they have something that specifically kills blacks........u should google TUSKAGE experiment and see what u get.......the tuskage experiment was an experiment conducted from the 1960s to the 70's on black men who had syphiliys an (std) but were never told they had it instead the whites experimented on them untill they all died not knowing that they had a cureable disease.......not every disease comes form nature.

Yvettep
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 637

Posted on Monday, August 01, 2005 - 09:55 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you Google TUSKAGE you will get the following: Did you mean: TUSKEGEE

There are several excellent sites about this, including one on the University's web page. You have the core points correct, but the remainder of your facts are grossly incorrect.

The_ethiopian
Regular Poster

Post Number: 34

Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 02:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

^^^^ your a fool mane if u believe that white ppl will let u just assimilate.........they have done so many medical break throughs....they know the specific disease that blacks cant handel or mexicans cant handel......u live in a fantasy world mane......they only tolerate u here in america.....when the shit hits the fan u can be sure that the gloves will come off..

Jackie
Regular Poster
Username: Jackie

Post Number: 41

Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 07:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

lil ethiop
TWO words= yo mama

Pa'tricia Perez Plowden
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 08:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blah Blah Blah first and foremost the problem that I see is this. Why (Kola) are you in someone else's business. Okay so Terrance Howard married a white woman who THE FUCK CARES!!! By him marrying a white woman take a roof from over your head, take food out of your mouth, money out of your pocket. If you have a problem with stepping outside of your race just make sure that you don't do it. If people would learn to mind their own business then this world would be a better place.

Tiffany
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pa'tricia, THANK YOU. I read through all these BS posts just to see that you, the last post before mine, said pretty much exactly how I feel. I could care less that he didn't marry a BLACK woman bc I wasn't marrying him. Therefore, it's none of my concern.

I bet everyone here knows what fuels a fire and just about everyone here is guilty of fueling this fire. I am a black woman and I will date BLACK, white, yellow, purple or green if he treats me the way I deserve to be treated and I say the same about BLACK men.

SOME Black women beat up on Black men so much and then when they say, "I ain't beat for this" and start dating outside their race, we get all puffed up in the chest. YES, there are Black men that date only white women bc of some sort of status thing, but are you trying to say that NO Black man has married/dated a White woman bc he just plain fell in love with her?

Pa'tricia said it best. If it doesn't affect you, then mind your own business. If you don't like it, don't do it. If you know who YOU are, then NOTHING that anyone says or does is going to change the core you. Stop fueling the fire of ignorant (as in non-knowing) people, be they Black or White. Some people (i.e. The ethiopian) are saying the crap they say just to get a rise out of people and when you respond, you bring their ignorance and hatred to full blaze.

Everybody, just love YOU and those you love. Stay concerned with YOU and those you love. If someone worthy of your love enters your world, whether it be a friendship love or a carnal love, love them, too, no matter their racial background bc at the end of the day, NO ONE can control what the heart feels, not even the bearer of the heart. To say otherwise is a lie. To say that you will ONLY date a certain race is about YOUR decision to do so bc YOU are making a conscious decision to exclude anyone from your dating pool that isn't of "your" people. Its like blinking; you can date only "your" people if you "force" yourself to, but if you just didn't pay attention and let your heart lead you, it would be involuntary who you dated.

Feel free to attack me, as many of you will. I may read your posts, but you do not complete, create or concern me. I will not fuel your fire. Have a blessed day, one and ALL.

Tiffany Pratts
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 07:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have no respect for anything that comes out of this mans mouth. he is sayin one thing and displaying another. he cant tell the black community anything. he mize well dance fot the white man after cooking and serving him and his family dinner.

Black Man
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 5 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 01:31 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Black people especially black men:

Life is hard enough why make it harder by marrying a white woman.

The issue that I have with black men and black woman having relationships with white people, is the simple fact that we still face racism on a daily basis and it does not seem to be fading away as some people would like to believe.

Have you noticed and read when blacks reach perceived levels of 'status' that they like to state 'I can not find a compatable black woman or man ?' but then how quickly it is that they find a white person.
Wake up fools wake up - if you open your heart and mind then that beautiful black person shall find you to give true happiness - white people do not undertand the level/s of deep complexity that we are made of and never will.

Question to Terrence: Brother when you listern to music do you hear or feel it? Black people feel music my brother.

For all of you that come from the belly of a beautiful black woman; who understand and have read our black history and I mean 'understand' then you should have no doubt in acknowledging the importance of maintaining our heritage and 'loving our black mothers ' through marrying and loving black woman.

We must love ourselves before we love others - I do not understand why so many blacks show self hate through this 'crazy behaviour' do they really belive that they will be accepted / respected and loved by marrying white people? the answer is NO.
Have you seen the way that white men look at black / white couple on the street ? life is too short for added stress.

My mother is black and I shall love the black woman as they are the ONLY treasure in the chest.
As most of us have seen - we have watched our mothers struggle financially and work long hours for usually white people - Let lightning strike me down if I would now lay down with the same 'thing' that has caused me and my people grief for many many years.

Don't misunderstand me we all have friends from different cultures <not> but I prefer my friends to be with partners from their particular culture - which they are. This creates interesting topic for discussion!!!

Respect to you beautiful black men and women that know the beauty of yourself and our ancestors - I praise you all.

Love to you all.

Shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 01:08 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ladies, we deserve men who will love, respect, and cherish us. We don't want someone who hates us. Let them go. It is no loss to us.

OhioStateU
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look, truth be told, white women are simply better. All the niggas here can talk all that smack while in the presence of sistas, but open up their soul and you will see the desire for more substance. I am a real dark-skinned, 260lb, 6"2' brotha speaking from the heart. Black women are anti-femenine, materilistic people. There are many white women like that, but certainly not as many. probably because they have been exposed to more privledge in their lives. I have just finished college, just got my first excellent job with an engeneering firm, got my own place and began dating. I know what i am looking for and it looks strikingly similar to the picture above. I want to be treated well, and not just like a walking atm/mac-machine. If my children end up with lighter skin, so be it, i guess.

RealBlackMan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 12:03 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn, his wife is hot. She is trully beautiful.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Renata

Post Number: 491

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 01:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ohio State, did it ever occur to you that perhaps white women are better because white MEN raised them. What's that say about black men who won't even take the time to meet their own daughters? Would I then be correct to assume any white man would be better than a black man? Hmmmm, I can either have children with a white man who will raise his children and even help send them to college if he can, or I can have children with a black man and be lucky if I see him in a year.

There's a reason why other races of people in the US respect AFRICAN men, and hate African AMERICAN men.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 492

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 01:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

African AMERICAN men are a joke to everyone in the world. The next time you go to a convenience store owned by an Asian, talk to the owner or the clerk. THEY LAUGH AT BLACK MEN AND FIND YOU STUPID. Why?

Did you realize that black men PAY ASIAN CLERKS to cash in their lotto winnings (when they're small amounts, like $3,000 and under)? They don't want to cash them in themselves, because the government will make them pay some of it for CHILD SUPPORT that they've OWED FOR YEARS. So, instead, they pay the ASIAN man a percentage to put it in his name. So basically, black AMERICAN men are paying Asian people money, just so they don't have to give that same money to their own children. And you know what the Asian people do with it? Take it to their OWN CHILDREN, and laugh about how stupid you men are to put your children on welfare, but make sure another race of children are taken care of. And this happens ALL THE TIME. Now, let's try to figure out again why people think you're a joke.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 496

Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 02:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also, ask yourself why Asian men don't mind their sisters marrying African men, but the pitch a fit if they get involved with an African American man.

RealBlackMan
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 11:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn she is sexy, all in that slinky dress and what not. I bet she was loving, warm, receptive, not cynical or cruel, or any of that shit. Man, i like the cutout in the mid-section of her dress as well. Like i said, gotta get one of those.

Real Black Woman
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 01:13 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RealBlackMan and Ohio state since you love white woman so much, why don't you go and post on one of their sites or a site for interaticial love? It's like your eager to get a rise out of the black women on this site. For someone who hates black women so much, you all sure do seem to crave their attention.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 511

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL....I remember once, years ago, a Pakistani man told me that he used to think black women had an attitude, and then he met black men, and he understood them better. He also wondered why black men came to his store looking for beer, and black women came asking for jobs.

The Truth Hurts!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 01:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

African AMERICAN men are a joke to everyone in the world. The next time you go to a convenience store owned by an Asian, talk to the owner or the clerk. THEY LAUGH AT BLACK MEN AND FIND YOU STUPID. Why?

Did you realize that black men PAY ASIAN CLERKS to cash in their lotto winnings (when they're small amounts, like $3,000 and under)? They don't want to cash them in themselves, because the government will make them pay some of it for CHILD SUPPORT that they've OWED FOR YEARS. So, instead, they pay the ASIAN man a percentage to put it in his name. So basically, black AMERICAN men are paying Asian people money, just so they don't have to give that same money to their own children. And you know what the Asian people do with it? Take it to their OWN CHILDREN, and laugh about how stupid you men are to put your children on welfare, but make sure another race of children are taken care of. And this happens ALL THE TIME. Now, let's try to figure out again why people think you're a joke."

Renata, you're such a dumb fuck. Those are Asian-Americans talking that shit to you. Asian-ASIANS think just the opposite. They can't stand continental Africans for precisely the same reasons why Asian-AMERICANS hate us: because in Asia the Africans are there mainly to peddle drugs and other illegal garbage.

BTW no self-respecting black man wants to be seen with some obese reactionary-minded negress who's only going to insult him, whether overtly or subtly, cheat on him, whine endlessly about her hair or her nails, dress like a tramp(or overdress in outrageously expensive clothing), and in general act like a total jackass. Women like Renata and Kola and Tonya are the main reason why a lot of younger black men(with brains)won't take it anymore, and why you are left with all the garbage(fags, jocks, hustlers, pimps, downlow batti-buoys, etc.). Get a clue girlies, and get a fuckin' life.

The Truth Hurts!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 01:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"LOL....I remember once, years ago, a Pakistani man told me that he used to think black women had an attitude, and then he met black men, and he understood them better. He also wondered why black men came to his store looking for beer, and black women came asking for jobs."

And Renata wonders why black men don't want her sorry ass.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 521

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 05:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, they don't mind AFRICANS at all, do businesse with them and sometimes even HIRE them to work in their stores in BLACK AMERICAN neighborhoods. Why would they hire AFRICANS in their stores, knowing that there are MORE black americans in those neighborhoods? Because they don't trust you.

And I got a man, a bigger man than you, and have been married to him HAPPILY for over 8 years. And he's not one of those 10 children having niggers that you feel so rightful to DEFEND.

And the way you describe negresses only shows how YOUR MAMA presented herself to the world, if that's what you grew up thinking black women look like.

The Truth Hurts!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 08:47 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Actually, they don't mind AFRICANS at all, do businesse with them and sometimes even HIRE them to work in their stores in BLACK AMERICAN neighborhoods. Why would they hire AFRICANS in their stores, knowing that there are MORE black americans in those neighborhoods? Because they don't trust you.

And I got a man, a bigger man than you, and have been married to him HAPPILY for over 8 years. And he's not one of those 10 children having niggers that you feel so rightful to DEFEND.

And the way you describe negresses only shows how YOUR MAMA presented herself to the world, if that's what you grew up thinking black women look like."

Asians don't hire black Americans because they are racially discriminatory--there's no reason to believe that every single black man is going to steal from his shop, is there? Or is that called PREJUDGING PEOPLE--the very essence of RACIAL PREJUDICE???

Or maybe you weren't born here.

Or if you were, you're just what I said you were--a dumb fuck. (Did it also occur to you that not all Black American neighborhoods were run-down ghettoes, you dumb-fuck Condi-Rice wanna-be?)

As for those NIGGERS you rant about, well, I guess that's just your class snobbery coming out, Mrs. Black-Bourgeoisie of 2006. And who cares about your marriage. Devils marry, too.

Oh, yeah, asshole, my MAMA did not present herself to the world as a negress--you and your obercopfuhrer-in-command Kola Boof did, along with a bunch of others I see every day.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 530

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL

Prejudging people? Like someone who just figured that ONLY because I'm black, I'm also single, fat, a cheat, live in the ghetto, and get my nails done. Remember to tell your mama that not all black women look like her. Your own hypocrisy is showing.

And if your own life is so pathetic that it makes you feel better to think that of black women, feel free to do so.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with you.

The Truth Hurts!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 02:17 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your husband will most likely end up in the arms of a white woman some day. When that happens, remember these words and my name.

The Truth Hurts!

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 1522

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 03:12 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reneta, girl, your last six posts, count 'em: six, were excruciatingly painful, (hence our latest poster revealing just how much "The Truth Hurts"). But they were clearly necessarry.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 410

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:24 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Truth Hurt says: Your husband will most likely end up in the arms of a white woman some day. When that happens, remember these words and my name.

-------------------------------------------------

And so what ?

Whoever that black woman is will know better than to cry over a looser...

Black men who leave their women for other women, or stay on the down low will only find their misserable lives. And the more they do this, the more society figures, hopefully the more they change.

Otherwise, so what... they ain't hurtin nobody but themselves!

And I know one black man who accepts failure as a good thing, Michael Jordan !

And I love him to death. And even though his failure applies to a sport, it can apply to life of any other aspects of life such as relationships.

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 411

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:27 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I don't have anything against interracial marriages.. mixed children are beautiful!

I just don't like the idea of black men thinking a girl who possesses a alot of money because of his great great white people and a lot of hair, colorful features, etc is better than muh black ass, lol.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 534

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, girls, don't let him fool you (as if he could) into thinking that about black women.

OF COURSE he believes that black women are fat, single, live in the ghetto, and watch their "boyfriend" (they are single)leave for a white woman. But then, 18 years of seeing that in his own house will make him believe it's universally true.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 860

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:16 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Africanqueen:
"mixed children are beautiful."

Moonsigns:
That's quite a generalization.

The Truth Hurts!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 04:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Hey, girls, don't let him fool you (as if he could) into thinking that about black women.

OF COURSE he believes that black women are fat, single, live in the ghetto, and watch their "boyfriend" (they are single)leave for a white woman. But then, 18 years of seeing that in his own house will make him believe it's universally true."

And OF COURSE Renata seriously believes that all black men are jocks, playas, fags, pimps and run after white or Latin girls and wear their pants around their thighs. But if you spend all your time in your little elitist Boule universe, this is what you are bound to think.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 05:18 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

didn't you just say you prefer white girls yourself and her husband should leave her for one?

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 05:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you proved renat's point.

The Truth Hurts!
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 06:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"didn't you just say you prefer white girls yourself and her husband should leave her for one?"

Where did I say that? Unless you can't read?

"you proved renat's point."

How?

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 06:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quote:Your husband will most likely end up in the arms of a white woman some day. When that happens, remember these words and my name

QUote:Women like Renata and Kola and Tonya are the main reason why a lot of younger black men(with brains)won't take it anymore, and why you are left with all the garbage(fags, jocks, hustlers, pimps, downlow batti-buoys, etc.). Get a clue girlies, and get a fuckin' life.

copy and pastd
This was after you called negresses fat, wining, cheating. and no self respesting black man would want the
copy e.

Anonymous

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 07:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ny bad,

The Truth hurts, doesn't it?
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quote:Your husband will most likely end up in the arms of a white woman some day. When that happens, remember these words and my name

Uh, that isn't my quote. Sorry. Nice try. The second quote is mine, and it is true.

Thank you.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 561

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 01:06 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

^^^
^^^

LOL

Evette
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:12 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who Cares about the black men and whom they date. I prefer a black man who prefer a white woman to date a white woman. Than to force a black man to date a black woman. I come from a past of multi racial people. I have chinese, white, spanish and black in my family, but my appearance is not apparant of these past occurrences. I have two male children that do appear more mixed than I. I have one child with light skin and blonde hair and another with very straight curly kind of hair. And in disregard of my past I am going to try my best to teach my children to only date black women, because I do not want any white woman as my daughter in law. I am in my twenties now but this is for future references referring to my children. But if they do decide to date a white woman I would not have choice to let them and try to pursuade them to do otherwise.

I use to love Terrence Howard as a actor but now that I know that he has a white wife my love for him as a actor has changed. I still believe he is a great actor but I cannot look at him the same way knowing that he has married a white woman. Even though I heard something about a divorce. mmm But anyway he and his wife have three children also to think about.

Evette
Unregistered guest

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh by the way Terrence Howard may be married to a white woman but these two people have three black children to look after. So in reality if black men continue to hook up with white women and they have children. Guess what that mean a increase in the black population not so bad after all. And the demolishment of the other races. So, black people if you feeling froggy go ahead and jump to the other side. Then jump back where you belong.

love
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some of the men posting things on here have said some really hurtful things, but they aren't necissarily true. If you have so much hate for Black women, that means you hate something about your self. The black woman is a part of you, God gave you life through HER. Through the loving joining of signifigant others we have carried you birthed you and raised you with LOVE. Through the brutal RAPE of white slave masters and pedifiles we have carried you birthed you and raised you with LOVE. If you say that white women are superior, that means that you have parallel beliefs to white supremists. After all the beatings, cheatings, denial, betrayal and misuse of Black women from Black men, Black women have refused to give up, so there is no reason that Black men should give up on us. Some Black women are gold diggers, not most. Some Black men are heartless, but I don't believe most are. Know that when we call out a brotha for his taste for white women, it is because we love our Black men so hard and deep, yet they direct thier love elsewhere and that hurts like you wouldn't believe.
God is Love

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 11:53 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Demolishment" of the BLACK race? You must be kidding!!!

You forget that, technically, Nicole Richie (and a lot like her) is black.

We have too many people who are "black" (though nowhere apparent) who look white, marry white, live in white neighborhoods, and have white (my bad, black) children who do the same.

Of all the men Mariah Carey gets serious with, how many of them are black? And when she does have a child with one (keeping in mind her own looks, and that her child's father WILL be white), do you seriously believe they'll raise that child as black?

I would say this was adding to the black race, if mixed children married black people. But the MAJORITY of the time, mixed children marry white people, and their children marry white people. When a grandchild looks more like the white grandparent, than the black one, and he/she then has children with a white person, that's demolishing the BLACK race.

love, your post was beautiful and very true.

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just keep in mind that this is part of the problem: Nicole Richie could have a baby with a white man, and we will be so happy that she's adding to the "black" race. Why the hell can't we add people to our race that LOOK LIKE US?

Evette
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 06:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anonymous I feel what you are saying, but all black people that are mixed do not marry white people. Most of the people in my family are mixed and they look close to white and they are mostly marrying black people. And black men are not the only ones dating white people the black women are datiing white men also. I do not know why but they are I am not attracted to white men at all. illl

On the other hand I agree with love 100%. All of the black men on this web site downing black women ought to be ashamed of themselves this is almost a free world and you can choose to date and marry whom ever you please but please do not down your own race. And please believe the past Willie Lynch letter is making you believe these thoughts about black women. Within this letter it states something about disrespecting your own women in reference to the black race. If I decided to believe in such stereotypical assumptions I would say all black men sale drugs go to jail and drink beer outside of corner stores, but I know better.

Anonymous you need to take a pill and calm down because at the end of the day I do not care how light you are as a black person there is still a chance your child can turn out with darker skin than both parents even if one of the parents is white. I also believe blacks should stay with their own kind but that will not happen. Check out the movie Queeny. And check out this website http://www.freemaninstitute.com/lynch.htm

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 09:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ladies, the black men who date only white women and down black women on this board and elsewhere in the world did not just appear out of thin air. they are a product of their environments and their upbringing. I have met the truly pathetic black women who gave birth to and raised these guys. The most astonishing discovery that I have made about these mothers is that they hate black women too and don't miss an opportunity to vocalize their hatred or make their feelings known. I say that these mothers need to be included in our discussions on these men.

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 09:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that part of our discourse on self hating black men should include a discussion of the women who gave birth to them and raised them. I have met some of these mothers and they are truly pathetic. They hate black women just as much as their evil sons do and they don't miss an opportunity to vocalize their low opinions or to otherwise make their feelings known.

love
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 04:03 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't it funny that it took a 19 year old to curb some of this hate? Black women who raise thier sons to hate Black women, have been taught the same thing, that they are worthless, it is sad that our queens look at themselves as peasants...it is a rarely ended cycle.
You must love yourselves in order to love others, otherwise it isn't real love...

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 10:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have tried with all of my heart-but I cannot respect a man like this. I have honestly tried to, but I cannot.

Kelli
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 03:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After reading through this forum it is really disturbing that in this day in age and in America that some people are still so ignorant of other races. We are all here to stay, get over it. No one is better that the other, we are all equal in God's eyes and that is all that matters. I am a white women and yes I date a black man and we have a beautiful mixed son. We have both dated our own race but found each other somewhere along the way I have endured being disowned by half my family as well as judgement from the black community. Honestly I could care less. None of those people that judge me, kiss me goodnight, hold me when I am sad, take care of me when I am sick, or just plain love me for me. No one should look down on their own race nor should they judge others for theirs. I know and love several strong, beautiful, and intelligent black women, it is wrong to stereotype them as they have been above as well as white women being doormats. Within all races there are people with different characteristics. Come on people we are individuals.
As my son grows he will be educated on is Native American, African American, and European background. None of which he should be ashamed of. Whatever race woman he decides to bring home is going to be ok with me, just as long as he is happy. The type of mind frame I have seen in this forum is what has been holding us back for decades. We should all learn to love more and hate less. Stop blaming others for your problems. Worry about yourself and focus on what makes you happy as a person. You can hate on IRC all you want but we really could care less because if we gave a damn what other people thought we sure as hell would not be in the relationships that we are. This is the one of the most childish and ignorant forums I have come across.

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:07 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"You can hate on IRC all you want but we really could care less because if we gave a damn what other people thought we sure as hell would not be in the relationships that we are. This is the one of the most childish and ignorant forums I have come across. "

If you could care less - than why this emotional outburst?

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 412

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Posted by shyfox on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:07 pm:

"You can hate on IRC all you want but we really could care less
because if we gave a damn what other people thought we sure as hell
would not be in the relationships that we are. This is the one of the
most childish and ignorant forums I have come across. "

If you could care less - than why this emotional outburst?

-----
LOL, shyfox, that don't sound all that emotional..

Some people just don't give a damn you know ;).

shyfox
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It has been my experience that when people don't care about a subject, they are not long-winded about it.

kelli
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trust me I could care less what people think about my relationship I not gonna leave my man over it , it is just irritating to read such ignorance. Luckily where I live diversity is pretty common, the black girl that sits next to me dates a white man, the type of thinking in this forum is not the norm around here although it does exist.

Starrgaze
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 05:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently read that terrence Howard is dating Dayanara Torres (Marc Anthony's ex) although she is a native of Puerto Rico she is "White with Blue eyes". Obviously, white is his preference.
I am not going to front and deny the admiration I have for his craft, but I will also be honest and admit that I am bothered by this fact.
Normally, I do not have a problem with people's freedom of choice.
But I personally saw Terrence in Pleasantville and he spoke about his love and respect for his race. His comtempt for the portrayal of black men by the media. His struggles with his DJ character in hustle and Flow, and how he tried to humanize the character to change that stereotype.
But he does not love his women the same way, as he is passionate of the characters he plays.
I find him a bit hypocritical!
I would love to see him date an African American woman as so many good women are available. Intelligent, independent and strong!

God
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 09:23 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My God! What a load of nonsense! If you don't agree with inter-racial marriages, then marry within your own race...simple. Just dont go round bitching and moaning about those who choose to marry someone outside their race. Do you really care that much, that it requires this huge over analysis of racial dating habits. My God - Get over it!. Its a 'non-issue'. Grow up people!

Starrgaze
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 01:01 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry "God"
I do not have a problem with interracial dating, as far as I care anyone is free to date, marry or whatever, who they want.
The problem I have is with actors that play the "race-card" when its convenient. When their statements declare their disgust at the way the industry treats and portrays african-americans. How white America has a misconstrued opinion on African Americans and they want to change that. If he has that kind of respect and concern for his race I question why his personal choices in women do not reflect that.
I personally saw Howard talk on the race issue and discuss how as a child he had to face discrimination everyday, and talked in particular about the painful episode in his life with his father's imprisonment. I do not know if that fact has made him have some contempt for his race. Maybe internally he or AA men in his position feel being white makes life easier, and that is what they want for their own children.
Then it shocks me that he is mainly (I do not know for certain if ONLY) attracted the white women.
That is all! Personally I could care less who he or anyone else dates!

Jetta Blood
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 02:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who cares!?! Terence Howard is gay. This straight black woman doesn't want a gay man, regardless of his status...what's his HIV status?

Mony
Newbie Poster
Username: Mony

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 07:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How the hell do you know that Terence Howard is gay? C'mon spill, dish up the dirt!

Africanqueen
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 414

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy Black History Month everyone !! Plz end the Howard, "why did you marry a white woman?" thing.. let da man live his own life and let God judge, whatever he may be doing wrong, but I personally feel mixed folks should have the choice to marry one of their raced.. and well I don't know if interacial marriage can be stopped in a country full of differences.. The obvious thing about it is that people will choose "what they like" and nobody can stop them. And well, black men who love white women can fuck with their choice and the black women who get left behind can fuck with theirs. And I don't think that everyone hates black women..

Anonymous

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 03:23 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cant beleive people would say such harsh things. Who cares who he dates and what color their skin is. If they love each other thats all that counts. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Howard and I have to say he is the sweetest man. Its people who say things so nasty like that, that makes the hatred in this country so terrible. And people are against racisim. Those coments promote and encourage It! The man is still black and nothing can take that away from him, who he dates won't ever change that. You need to realize the mix of races wont ever stop and nor should it. I being of that think only the best can come from it!

Nya
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Terrence married the white woman, his girlfriend at the time, because she was pregnant with his child. And he dropped out of college to do so. In a recent magazine, he mentioned that he cheated on her and believes he loved her enough to end their marriage so she could be with the man she loved (which was not him).

I would have to admit, I am disappointed that he did not marry an Africa Queen. And there is a lot to be said about how the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade has affected our people. But in this case, I think it is as it is: he married out of obligation more than love...isn't that how most of our men are trapped? Albeit that he most certainly may have loved her, but had she not gotten pregnant would he have married her? Who knows.

African men and women need to appreciate our qualities and weaknesses; celebrate our ancestors; promote our intelligence and ingenuity; and accept that we all have different experiences that colour choices.

All African people need to travel to Africa to appreciate the greatness of their ancestors and stop the infighting.

Renata
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 750

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 06:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I appreciate your view, Nya, but I think you're mistaken and somewhat naive. You and I both know if he had knocked up a black woman, he would have dropped her ass off at the bus stop with a bus pass and directions to the nearest welfare office (if that much). Black American men don't feel at all "obligated" to stick around for black children. The current state of the black family unit testifies to that much.

Saddened Older Black Woman
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Black Woman, and the future of black america for that matter, is trully screwed in all ways.

Phillykat
First Time Poster
Username: Phillykat

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 07:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

don't you find it racist to hate on those that marry outside their race? if MLK wanted all to get along equally and in god's eyes all ARE created equal, what should it matter. i see more racism coming out of the af.am. race than any other race....when will this stop?

Amy Johnson
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 01:23 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think Terrence Howard is goddamm SEXY! I thought he seperated from his wife? She's a ugly heffa anyways, maybe he just made a mistake. Not every brotha is gonna date inside his race.

Amy Johnson
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 01:30 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hold up, Terrence has a degree in chemical engineering!!! You'd think he would want to marry a sista but instead he wants a white girl? I'm a sista, and am outraged, he best find himself a sista, and make some beautiful black babies.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration
Our Mission
To promote the diverse spectrum of literature written for, or about, people of African descent by helping readers find the books and authors they will enjoy.  We accomplish our goals through AALBC.com, our related platforms, and strategic partnerships.
Main Sections
Profiled Authors
Book Lists
Book Reviews
Writers’ Resources
Movie Reviews
Celebrity Interviews
Events
Discussion Forums
Current eNewsletter
Fun Stuff
Founder’s Blog
About Us
Started in 1997, AALBC.com (African American Literature Book Club) is the largest, most frequently visited web site of its kind. Learn more.

About Our Webmaster & Founder
Affiliated Websites
Huria Search
Edit 1st
Domains for Authors
ABLE
Power List Bestsellers
AALBC.com's Book Club Archive
Customer Service
About AALBC.com
Subscribe
Marketing Kit