Old School Black Mothers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » The Kool Room - Archive July 2005 to April 2006 » Old School Black Mothers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jackie
Unregistered guest

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 02:24 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok ya'll my cousin Perry in Kansas City, Mo sent this to me. He's in his early 60's. Food For Thought since we've been talking about parenting, unruly children, etc.

Subject: Old School Black Mothers
1. There used to be a time when black children were the best behaved children in the world, now look at them. Time out my foot!

2. Have you ever been called downstairs from upstairs or the back of the house, or from the front of the house to get the remote, change the channel, or fix her a glass of ice water?

3. Have you ever been hit with an extension cord, a switch, or the nearest shoe?

4. Have you ever had to pick your own switch off the tree and she sent you back because the one you picked was too little?

5. Have you ever been burned on your ear with a straightening comb?

6. Have you ever been hit in the head or knuckles with a comb or hair brush?

7. Have you ever been told to "Shut Up or I'll give you something to cry about while she beats you with a belt-pronouncing every syllable---"Did-n't---I---tell----you---not---to-do ---!--- That---no---more?!"

8. Your ponytails or plaits were so tight, you got those little bumps around your scalp.

9. The white people in the school office (principal, secretary, etc.) were afraid of her.

10. You were scared to go home when you had a bad report card.

11. Alcohol, peroxide, cocoa butter, and Vaseline were the main items in the bathroom cabinet.

12. You were never "on punishment" - just got whoopins right out of the shower.

13. Have you ever been pinched for going to sleep in church?

14. She made you participate in every church activity (choir, Jr. UsherBoard, Easter play, Christmas play, etc.)

15. Has she ever come inside and picked you up from school dance in hair rollers and her gown or pajamas on under her coat?

16. When you ask her for something, her response is . . . "You got a job?"

17. Have you ever been beaten for something your brother or sister did just because you were around?

18. She vacuums everyday just so the carpet can have lines in it.

19. Have you ever been told to turn off the TV, get off the phone, or sit down and be quiet when it's storming outside because the Lord was doing his work?

20. Friends, family and friends of the family try to keep you out of trouble because they know your mother and how she is.

21. You were afraid to call the child abuse hotline.

22. She has to talk to God..."Lord, please don't let me hurt this child! !"before she gives you a whipping.

If you can relate to any of these things, then pass this on to all your friends and see if they can relate too.

"KNOWING THAT THEY HAD A BEAUTIFUL BLACK MOTHER, WHO DIDN'T TAKE NO MESS WHEN THEY WERE GROWING UP!"

GOD BLESS OUR BEAUTIFUL BLACK MOTHERS AND GRANDMOTHERS!

ABM
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Abm

Post Number: 2406

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 08:29 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie,

*SIGH!*

That all seems like such "...a LONG time ago, in a galaxy far FAR AWAY."

Chris Hayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Chrishayden

Post Number: 1116

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 01:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jesus Christ you people are sick. You are channeling the spirit of Strom Thurmond.

I suppose you can't wait for some big, fat, big breasted black woman with a kerchief on her head (I notice nobody mentioned a father--no daddy in the home--or maybe he would be somewhere gamblin, drinkin moonshine or on the chaingang)
to hug you to her big fat bosom and then fix you up a mess o' Aunt Jemima flapjacks and slather em down with some Sho' Is Fine Syrup (with two pickaninnies on the label licking their big red lips).

Hey, then y'all can spend about 14 hours out in the fields chopping cotton like in the good ole days. I notice you left that part off.

Jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 01:54 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

oh yes Chris... I'm verrrry sick

kola@aalbc.com
Username: Kola

Post Number: 637

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 02:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie,

As you just saw...it's the "black woman" that is the most hated, villified and lied on person in this society.

Black men whine and complain about "the white man"---but they never protected their own mother, they never honored her (in fact, they honor the white man's mother).....as you just saw.....they blame "HER" for black people having to pick cotton 14 hours a day....rather than celebrate her for keeping the families alive, cared for, prayed after and becoming a Mammie/Whore--whatever it took---to protect them.

She gets no love in this society. Only contempt, rebuke and hate.

Black men even created a new culture--Hip Hop--just to villify and express their hatred for her.

And this is why I really despise Black American men and find it harder and harder to sympathize with the plight ALL BLACK PEOPLE in general.

What human being can respect a race of cowards that hate and kill their own mother?

Charles Barkley has a new book out called---"Who's Afraid of a Big Black Man?"----

and the answer is.....HE IS. Notice how he talks all this shit about "black men"---yet he refused to give birth to one. EVERYTHING he has done has been to uplift and solidify the White Man's standing. All he is....is a big athletic dumbo who talks all this black man-wronged bullshit while his MONEY goes into the white people's pocket---his sperm goes into the White man's Queen---his image and all that he "Affirms" is a state of IMPOTENT niggerdom.

And yet he doesn't see that its' HIM...who's afraid of the big black man.

AS TONI MORRISON SAID BRILLIANTLY about Ralph Ellison's novel "The Invisible Man"....

....."INVISIBLE to who???"

I rest my case.

I think after I fuck LAMBD, I'm done with black men for good.

jackie
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 02:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I saw an interview with Charles Barkley talking about that damned book. He was so inarticulate. When Chris Matthews asked him a question about blacks and reconstruction, he said something like "I'm not going to get into that right now" that's because he didn't know what the hell Chris Mathews was talking about. When asked about high school students having certain ethnic organizations Charles said "It was stupid" Stupid ?? That was his answer to most of the questions "I think it's stupid" I'm almost threw up on the television !

Have a nice uhmm F**K. LOL

kola@aalbc.com

Post Number: 638

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 02:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Girl, I'm going to fuck the shit out of his ass next month.

He reads this board, so I'm sure I'll get an email talking about--"I thought you said I can't do noth'n but hug". LOL

cynique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 03:03 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh for cryin out loud! Do you people HAVE a sense of humor?? I thought the portrait of the frazzled mom was funny. How bad can it be when apparently so many of the 60s generation fondly relate to it. It's a sad day when people can't chuckle at themselves. Why does everything have to be an example of poor down-trodden black women!? The maternal figure in this piece was just a variation of the "Madear" character everyone is so tolerant of.
As for Charles Barkley, even his basketball peers don't pay much attention to what he says because it never has any substance to it.
And when you see Lambd, Kola, tell him Ol Cynique said, "Heeeey, Boo." I'll bet he cracked up when I found out how old I really am. I tried to give him the impression that I was melancholy, frustrated, and middled-aged. Wheeee. But ah still loves him.

kola@aalbc.com

Post Number: 639

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 03:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LAMBD loves you so much, Cynique.

You're the only one he asks about every time.

I never told him you're older, Great Mother, and he hasn't brought it up.

cynique
Unregistered guest

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 06:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Awwwww, ain't dat sweet.... Yeah, right.

kola@aalbc.com

Post Number: 642

Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 07:21 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, DRATS.

Look like my "heavy-handedness" has run off the men again.

I'm such an evil black bitch.

<gutting>

Shimba Moja
Newbie Poster
Username: Anunaki3600

Post Number: 7

Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 03:44 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My black mother never slapped or hit any of her children even once during her life time. She talked to us and discussed issues over with us. All of her children completed college with a few Phd's. Being a fascist parent is not the solution. Beating your children with all types of objects just scars their life and turns them into timid beings afraid of doing anything. Love your children.

ABM
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Abm

Post Number: 2414

Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 07:17 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shimba,

Different foks may require different 'strokes'.

I agree talking/explaining is preferable. But that doesn't always work. Because children have different temperments, environments, influences, etc.

My mother did NOT beats us with "all types of object". She whip us with a belt, and she seldom had to do that. Because we were taught from the giddy-up that we were NOT going to act-up

And if a parent establishes EARLY in their child's mind that if they misbehaves, a firm spanking is possible, the child is less likely to become a bad@$$ kid.

The_ethiopian
Regular Poster
Username: The_ethiopian

Post Number: 33

Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 01:51 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

charles barkely...........is a dumb ass i saw him on tv the other day talkin about his book....and u could tell he didnt have a clue what he was talkin about......he is a classic example of a HOODWINKED NIGGER.......thats the problem with the black community in this country......there are a lot of black man with the same IQ as barkely which is around 45.....mane the nigger has issues....i dont know why he comes up with all these books......its not like the public doesnt know he didnt write them....... kola why dont u go over to his mansion in beverly hills and tranquilize his rusty black ass.....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com