So Where is....BABYGIRL....now? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » Culture, Race & Economy - Archive 2005 » So Where is....BABYGIRL....now? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 847

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 04:49 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babygirl,

CHECK PLEASE:

http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus/messages/2152/7997.html?1131312928

LMAO!!!! :-)

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 848

Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 04:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Girl, you just be on a ROLL talking your shit about Miss Kola, don't cha?

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Babygirl

Post Number: 142

Rating: 
Votes: 8 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 09:37 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There was probably a point to this but for the moment it escapes me. As I recall you noted that you would be supplying a blurb for the cover of Tracy's book. And I asked if you'd at least read it. Question asked, question answered. End of story. And as for where I am now, or where I've been, I've been mourning the death of a loved one, a child near and dear to my heart. I actually have a life outside of my meanderings on this message board. You should try to get one.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 2982

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 01:13 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I sympathize with you, Babygirl, because I am going through the very same thing that you are.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 872

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Babybitch said:

I actually have a life outside of my meanderings on this message board. You should try to get one.

Kola says:

Do you really actually believe that I have no life beyond this board?

I mean at least I earn money for posting here. Do you?

OUCH!

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 143

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 05:28 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Cynique. I'm sure you and most others know that life can be far too fleeting to waste it with continual nitpicking about absolutely nothing. But to each her own.

And Kola, I don't need to earn money for posting here, so no OUCH! necessary. It don't hurt me in the least. My book deals and sales are more than substantial enough to sustain me and mine. But if the compensation you earn from your shameless self-promotion and ego-trippin' on this board float your miniscule boat, then enjoy the waves, babe. Personally, I could give a rat's ass about you or yours, but then you already know that. Or at least you should. You don't need me to inflate your ego or blow smoke up everyone's tush about all you claim to do and proclaim yourself to be. You do a damn good job doing that all by your lonesome. So like I said before, I still don't see the point of calling out for my attention in the first place. You did a blurb. I've done a few myself, front and back covers. Sorry to burst that bubble you're riding on but most folks don't really give a hoot one way or the other.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 877

Rating: 
Votes: 5 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 05:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Personally, I could give a rat's ass about you or yours, but then you already know that.

Well, no...I know no such thing, because you're constantly here to talk shit and be the pretentious rainy day bubble-producer that you've been from day one.

And with guttersnipe black bitches like you to spit on my name every chance you get....why in the hell wouldn't I be out there to float my own goddamned boat and make sure I get heard?

The fact remains. You IMPLIED with no knowledge whatsoever that I hadn't read Price Thompson's book and that I was just a "blurb whore" to use your words---who would stick my name on any piece of trash to get ATTENTION.

Well the book won the HURSTON-WRIGHT Award and although I've been approached for blurbs before--I really don't just stick them anywhere.

I hate that you and I have to be so hateful to one another---but you've been spitting on me from day one, YOU CAME HERE ATTACKING ME, from your High and Mighty (Anonymous) perch from day one....

so I just want to keep you reminded that I will always KNOCK you the fuck out, bitch!

I'm not your goddamned victim...anymore than I'm the victim of those mackerel mouthed white fuckers at the New York Times or anywhere else.

Just making sure you realize that Kola's on her way, whether you like it or not---CUNT.

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 144

Rating: 
Votes: 7 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 06:16 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whatever, Kola. You're looking for a fight and bottom line I'm not interested. So consider me summarily told off and let me add what a fine job you have done. Just the right number of snipes and the most unique quips. The name calling was particularly offensive and so very effective. I'm thoroughly appalled, totally offended, and my feelings hurt by your profound chastizing. You done knocked me right the "fuck" out! You done got me good, girl and should be ever so proud to add this to that long list of accomplishments you've been keeping track of. Put this one right at the top. It's such a major blow to those who been oppressing yo' peeps.

Do you feel better now?

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 878

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 07:30 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(SIGH)....Well, I'm sorry, Babygirl.

I didnt' mean....to be mean to you, but you always hate me and attack me, and you encourage others to try and gang up on me.

It's not that I don't WANT to like you.

I had to defend myself.

I'm certain that I love you and I would never hurt you.

I apologize for blowing up at you. It wasn't right of me.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Abm

Post Number: 3975

Rating: 
Votes: 7 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 08:10 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

You care too much about what others think about you to ever truly win these squabbles.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 312

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 12:44 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

[*squeals*]

Abm, is that you?!

I MISSED you!:-)

Are you back to stay?

Troy
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Troy

Post Number: 293

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 02:11 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These squabbles can never be won.

I've gotten emails about these types of exchanges going on the AALBC.com discussion board. I honestly I find them distressing in many ways. For one reason, the Culture, Race & Economy discussion baord was not created as a place for obscenity or personal attacks.

The only thing stopping me from actively moderting this board is time. Looks like I may have to make the time to do it if this board is going to be more in line with it's original intent. For example this post "So Where is....BABYGIRL....now?" is completely inappropriate it for this board. Going forward posts off topic from the pupose of the board will be summarily deleted. (Kola you know full well this type of post would be better suited for the Kool Room).

To be clear: AALBC.com does not pay anyone to moderate or particpate on these discussion aboards - full stop.

AALBC.com pays for book reviews and articles -- none of which are ever posted on these discussion baords. Participation is purely voluntary.

At the same time, these exchanges, despite the obscenties raises some issues.

Book Blurbs
It is true that book blurbs (I would even venture a guess and say that most) are given by people who never read the book. I've done it in the past, but will never do it again.

The last blurb that for which I was asked: I read the book and gave a blurb, but it was never used. Obviously, because my recommendation was not strong enough. The guy was even willing to write the blurb for me if I gave my approval.

Baby Girl
I'm terribly sorry to read about your loss.

The question posed was reasonable, based upon my knowledge of book blurbs. But that is like asking a reviewer if they actually read the book; Clearly this happens too, but would expect an honest admission? I could see why the object of the question would be offended...

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 896

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 02:36 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

#1, Troy...Babygirl only visits THIS board, so I came where she was laying down trash about me.

#2...by using my real name on this board---people often purchase my books, thereby making me money, directly from this board. "BabyGirl", who is a bestselling author and likes to come here PRIMARILY to attack me and put me down, isn't brave enough to SIGN HER NAME to her attacks and her anti-Kola Boof diatribes.

#3....she asked am a "Blurb Whore" and intimated that I might not have actually read the book? You call that a question?

#4...Fuck Babygirl. After I get done jacking that bitch up, you can really be SORRY for her loss.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2993

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 03:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gee, I wonder who Baby Girl really is???
Yes, Troy I plead guilty to participating in some vicious exchanges, but I just can't back down when people attack and challenge me. I will try to exercise restraint in the future.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 897

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 03:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just wish that TROY would look closer at what exactly has happened here.

This woman has been attacking me from day one...ON THIS BOARD. Not the KOOL ROOM.

She has written all types of long winded posts AND Threads accusing me of a myriad of different things--whenever she POSTS on this board, 99.9% of the time--it's been to make a nasty comment directed at Kola Boof.

Did good old TROY drop in the last 6 months when all this was going on?

And now that celebrities like Gabrielle Union, India Arie and Paramount Pictures have sent me EXCLUSIVE tidbits to post on this board----does it seem unreasonable that both I and AALBC.COM are benefitting from me posting here?

For instance, there's a newspaper article today about Kola Boof:

http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus/messages/2152/8055.html?1131913160

Obviously....IN TIME....I could see Troy Johnson gathering up Kola Boof's posts and MAKING MONEY by making those comments into a book...long before any Cynique Anthology.

And that's what's real.

AND TROY:

I'm sorry, you missed my apology to Babygirl up above

--but I'm sick of you always coming in here to defend or take somebody's side over mines.

I may respond BLUNTLY and without B.S. when I'm attacked....but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm the bad guy. Just because others are more slippery and underhanded.

You never say ANYTHING nice to me or about me, but my enemies---Babygirl and Cynique---you constantly stroke those VULGAR LANGUAGE-talking penny-anny Why-N-ches!

And I'm sick of it.

Troy
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Troy

Post Number: 294

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 05:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, you certainly know how to exaggerate.

#1 - This point is moot. Going forward these posts like these be preemptively deleted if they appear on the Culture board.

#2 - Sure is is easier to say anything if you are anonymous. I don't know who Baby Girl is nor does it matter. Again, future off-topic posts will be deleted.

#3 - If you read my responses carefully you would understand my position. Indeed I do understand, as said, why someone would be offended. However that does not mean that I do not understand why someone would ask the question.

#4 - See, this is what I'm talking about. Save this stuff for the "Kool Room"

Cynique, despite how Kola may react to this statement. You are and always have been my girl. I consistently enjoy your posts.

Kola, I'm only reacting to this specific post. I have not, nor can I, read all of the posts across all of the discussion board. So I have no background in Baby Girl's posts as they relate to you. If you have any more questions, see point #1 above.

Kola I have always said from day one. A discussion board is useless without people who post. As you already know I could prevent you from posting on this board (or at least make it very, very difficult) in about 30 seconds. Obviously I have not done this. Why? Because despite your obscenity laced diatribes, self promotion, multiple personalities and diva-like behavior I think you have interesting ideas and contribute to the discussion in a unique way

I would love to be able to make a book out of some of these discussion board comments -- there is definitely a market for it. Of course that would take some effort; than I do not have the luxury of expending at this time. Sometime I print out the longer posts to read on the train on the way to my other job -- and often find them very entertaining.

I did not miss your apology to Baby Girl. My issue is with posts like this so grossly off topic of this particular board. If this thread was on the Kool room you would not have heard a peep out of me. Beside both you and Baby Girl seem quite capable of defending yourselves with the written word.

"You never say ANYTHING nice to me or about me, but my enemies....": Kola, this is simply absurd on its face. Ii would not take much effort, for someone with weak search skills, to find a history of posts supporting you and work. No to mention my support of you in the physical space.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2994

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 07:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola, you are the "consummate victim", and I am amazed at how childish you are. It is not just with me and Babygirl, but it is with anybody who disagrees with your entrenced views of colorism, that you immediately fly into a name-calling tantrum that includes profane suggestions as to what people can do for you. With me, you are the one who runs all of the bizarre pictures and brings family members into the fray. Yes, I am sarcastic but it is you who introduces the lewdness which I then respond to in kind. As for the article about you written by this white man, he's entitled to his opinion but he cannot certify you as a bona fide black American. He does not have the authority to do that. And it's presumptuous of him to think that he can. He is a not a slave descendent and this totally disqualifies him from making such a declaration about your status.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2995

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 07:14 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Troy, I appreciate your tolerance of me. It takes a special person to like me in spite of myself, and of course I have always been impressed with what emanates from the spaces between your words.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 867

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 08:25 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree 100% with what ABM Said, but at the same time, I don't think she should be prohibited from defending herself just because she says things differently. Her way of getting her point across isn't anymore offensive than the techniques of the people she's usually up against. Some people are crude in snide, sneaky, backhanded ways while others are more upfront about it. In any case, I think this is more an issue of taste & class than it is of fairness. And that's not right 'cause free speech should never be limited to class.

My opinion: I think you should keep your shit strong, sistah!

Tonya

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2996

Posted on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 11:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Tonya, nobody should be surprised that a crude, potty-mouth poster like you would say what you said. And you should've stopped there because nothing else you said made sense. BTW, this board is not a democracy. Troys runs it.

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 145

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 12:09 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Troy, thank you. I appreciate the sentiment. I also extend my apology for my participation in these asinine squabbles but they are so hard to resist when they are so amusing.

Kola, I'm always amazed how a QUESTION which only requires a straightforward ANSWER is always perceived by you to be an ATTACK.

To clarify:

1. I visit ALL the boards, yours included. In fact, my initial posting was on the Kool Board wherein I QUESTIONED some of your more colorful statements. As has been typical of all our exchanges, you didn't LIKE the questions and detested that I picked apart the responses instead of accepting them blindly. And it comes as no surprise that typically most of my posts on your board are deleted, supposedly as you claim, by someone other than you.

2. Again, why does it matter WHO I am? I don't come here to promote myself or my writings. I come for the exchange, to share with and learn from others. It passes time when I have a free moment and I enjoy the comraderie. You chose to expose your personal life and promote YOU. I don't have to.

3. Again, I ASKED if you had read the book or IF you were a blurb whore who hadn't. I didn't insinuate anything at all. I asked outright what I wanted to ask and you responded. End of story.

4. I feel the love, Kola! My heart overflows from your heartfelt sentiment. Again, I hope you're now feeling better.

Lastly, I'm so sorry to hear that this paying gig you were boasting so proudly about really ain't a paying gig at all. But it does adds to your credibility. And your math is just a touch off. I have rarely posted to accuse you of anything, let alone spent 99.9% of my time directing nasty comments at you. To reiterate, I could give a rat's ass about you to waste that much energy. What I have done is question your HONESTY and your INTEGRITY and like most of your claims, the TRUTH is usually derived from a source OTHER than you.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 868

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 01:47 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did I ask your ass kissin' ass if this was a "democracy" or not? I can read. I know who run this shit. I've been giving my very frank opinions from the moment I crashed these boards and I will continue doing so until I'm either tossed or deleted; so you can keep your recommendations and your forewarns to your goddamn self. I didn't ask for your advice from the door and I damn sure ain't asking for the shit now. So go fuck yourself.

Tonya

Babygirl
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 146

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 07:47 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ohhh, Tonya! Big Mama gone wash yo' mouth out! Come on now, Uncle Troy done said he don't want no more of our mess in the living room. He said we have to take these toys and all a this noise back down to the playroom 'cause he can't have us actin' the fool up here with the grown folks. Come on back out here to this playground befo' we all get us a whuppin'! I declare, can't turn my back on you for a hot minute befo' you startin' some more mess!

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2998

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:43 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let tonya, rant to her heart's content, Babygirl. Ranting is her way of relieving her frustration, and she is in a constant state of frustration because she's mentally unbalanced. And after licking Kola's boots, she has the nerve to call somebody an ass-kisser.
As for you giving your frank opinions, tonya, your frankness is more about stupidity than candor.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 869

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:47 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

... (Tonya: back to her swingset.. stayin' out of trouble.. swinging along).

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 870

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 10:48 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a very serious note: My prayers are with you & your family, Babygirl.

Moonsigns
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Moonsigns

Post Number: 775

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 03:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BABYGIRL to KOLA:
"You chose to expose your personal life and promote YOU. I don't have to."

MOONSIGNS:
Bingo.

Enchanted
Newbie Poster
Username: Enchanted

Post Number: 11

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:52 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello to Babygirl. You don't know me, I am a new poster. But I am so sorry, sis, about your loss and I want you to know that I totally agree with every word you had to say about this Kola Boof character. She needs a coach ticket back to her own country and learn some manners first.

Rustang
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Rustang

Post Number: 194

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 12:07 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would just like to ask if the distinction between off-topic and on-topic is based solely on " This board's purpose is to facilitate the exchange of opinions, ideas, facts and information as it relates to Black people in America" or if there is a more detailed criteria that I am unaware of.I'm all about the open exchange of ideas and opinions and I certainly don't enjoy stepping on anyone's toes.I believe that this can easily be accomplished within the framework here.I would just like to know what exactly that framework is.:-)

Enchanted
Newbie Poster
Username: Enchanted

Post Number: 14

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 12:16 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you like reading all these tangents by Kola Boof? That was my remark. Many people are holding decent conversations and then she waltzes in here talking like a porno star from a sailor's party. She completely goes off topic and makes every discussion about her. Do you disagree?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2009 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com