The Media and Race Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » Culture, Race & Economy - Archive 2005 » The Media and Race « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nels
Veteran Poster
Username: Nels

Post Number: 67

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 07:35 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The media is running out of news - bad news. News that can and has to be manipulated, generated and manufactured, that is. In reference to a particular context, for eighty years, the White American media machine has been quite comfortable in portraying Black Americans and other people of color as inferior, subhuman, violent, dishonest, lazy, untrustworthy, larcenous, murderous, savage and a whole host of other adjectives unfitting of an entire class of people. Mind you, because of the erroneous and ill-conceived One Drop Rule, many so-called Blacks also have been unjustly lumped into a biased system of White-defined racial classification and identity. Accordingly, the ODR has made it very easy for any person having some degree of recognizable African descent to be branded as “trouble”. And yes, many Self-Identifying Blacks (SIBs) do not even consider themselves to be either Black American or African American.

Since the ODR first laid the foundation for broadened and subtle racial discrimination in America, the media has had a free and unchallenged hand in defining Black America to the world as a dysfunctional, disjointed, disunited, inept, incompetent, uneducated, undereducated, low achieving, unreliable and lost hodgepodge of society’s lowest occupants - not even legitimate citizens. For years, the media has been able to successfully manipulate “the message” by continuously peddling a stream of lies, and fucked up, incomprehensible and unrealistic bullshit to a gullible mainstream White America. Over and over again, prevailing circumstances have allowed the media to continue its ‘reign of deception”, and “get away with it”. But low and behold, Katrina stepped into the room, catching these little faggot ass media pricks by surprise. Yeah that’s right, they all got caught suckin’ their mama’s dick.

During the first few days of post-Katrina mayhem, the media intensely focused on sporadic incidents of looting, making sure that these images came right into the living rooms of White America, with the horror of it all now emblazoned across the vast American landscape and psyche. But ever since those first trying days, it’s come to light that for a change (and if even a small one at that), some of White America hasn’t fallen for it as a whole. As a matter of fact, this segment of White America has actually begun to step up to the plate, and I’m not talking about the bigots, the pompous ass cigar smoking Washington fat cats, and so on. I’m just talking about the average hardworking Joe. Now, we see images of Blacks who are orderly, appreciative, assertive, compassionate, humble, articulate, intelligent and much more. In other words, the truth is forcing the media to report the story as it really “is”.

However, there are still instances where the media (makes news) instead of reports it. Basically, there are some unscrupulous media talking heads and moguls who will do virtually anything possible to try and keep the “negativity” message on track. If you notice, these are incidences in which continuity in a story is good and all of a sudden, race and crime are injected into the subject matter. Just like sensationalism, they’re trying to steer the audience toward something that either doesn’t exist, is marginal, is unsubstantiated, or untrue. Time and time again, they struggle to find things that fit their vision of what Black America should be instead of what it really is - part of the backbone of an enormous economic engine, and a major contributor too. Thoughtful, articulate, and so forth. These media types don’t want White America and the rest of America to become too comfortable with image of successful and articulate Black Americans.

These media folks are the very people who don’t want White America to see the truth. These were and are the people who pushed sad depictions of Black America like “Sanford and Son”, “The Jeffersons”, “Moesha”, “The Parkers” and stuff like that. They’ve had absolutely no interest in portraying the “Black Professional”. They don’t give a shit. Ironically, Katrina has forced them to take a second look, and not by their choosing.

Also, a lot is wrong with the upcoming political picture as well. At the urging of banks and credit card companies, George Bush successfully pushed through bankruptcy reform just two months ago and at that time, he refused to let the bill include exceptions for victims of natural disasters. But now, that asinine move is going to come back and haunt him because more that a million people who were victimized by Katrina are now just going to say “screw it”, “sue me”, “what the hell”, “I ain’t got shit, and if I did, I wouldn’t give you the shit out of my ass”. Basically, his BK reform could have a major effect on Katrina’s victims, and especially poor Blacks. Lets just wait and see how long it takes for this BK issue to become a leading story on the evening news. Just think about it; these victims have very little hope of getting ahead anytime soon, and since most of their property was destroyed by Katrina and looters, the banks and insurance companies are now caught in a real bind, and it’s one of their own making. What goes around, comes around.

Keep watching the stories that come over the airwaves. Looting, violence and danger are still subjects even though there are only about four thousand residents left in a city of half a million plus. As a side-note on the truth and what’s really happening, numerous instances of racial discrimination during the disaster are beginning to come to light. Take for instance (the story broadcast on MSNBC on Saturday 9/10/05), the case of Larry Bradshaw and Lorrie (Yablonski?), two White paramedics who were trying to care for and feed a group of approximately 90 elderly Blacks, young Black children and so forth on a bridge leading to (from what was said, predominantly White) Gretna, LA from a predominantly Black residential area. They had obtained some provisions of food and water and had planned to distribute it to the group of Blacks on the bridge. Then Arthur Lawson, the (White) Sheriff of Gretna, LA showed up, put a shotgun in the paramedics’ faces, absconded with the provisions, and ordered everyone off the bridge. The media itself can’t even control this one. Ain’t that some shit.

Yes folks, that shit and all of the even “bigga” shit is definitely hitting the fan in a really shitty way.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 520

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 08:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NELS:

The media is running out of news - bad news. News that can and has to be manipulated, generated and manufactured, that is. In reference to a particular context, for eighty years, the White American media machine has been quite comfortable in portraying Black Americans and other people of color as inferior, subhuman, violent, dishonest, lazy, untrustworthy, larcenous, murderous, savage and a whole host of other adjectives unfitting of an entire class of people.

KOLA:

You must have read the New York Times article about me.

The following is taken from a Sudanese Government web site:

According to the New York Times, Kola Boof was a B-movie actress and a high level prostitute, operating in luxury hotels. It was during this time in Morocco that Ms Boof also claimed to have had an affair with Osama bin Laden in 1996. She claimed that it was a four month sexual relationship in Morocco. She had met Osama in a Senegalese restaurant in Marrakech. She claimed that she subsequently became "Osama´s mistress" and that she had "lounged about in silk and diamonds".

In the same interview with the New York Times, Ms Boof admitted to being manipulative: "I can't deny that I'm a conniving person. I have to manipulate the system, and I don't mind if you publish that..."

KOLA:

(a) I have always admitted to being a "slut" in my 20's...but I was NEVER...EVER...a "prostitute". EVER.

(b) I didn't meet Osama in a Senegalese restaurant---MY DATE was a "Senegalese" soccer player.

(c) I would NEVER be so stupid as to say to a newspaper reporter: "I can't deny I'm a conniving person--publish that."

The N.Y. Times made that shit up.

(D) I did a 90 minute Photo Shoot for the New York Times----but they took a movie still from one of my old Arab films, DARKENED IT and ran that instead with the headline: "Is Kola Boof a HOAX?"

(E) I've turned down feature articles with countless TOP STORY American publications/t.v. shows since the New York Times did their hatchet job---I've turned down NEWSWEEK, Black Issues Book Review (or rather, ordered the story stopped), JANE, CNN, Good Morning America----and yet I'm still accused of being a "publicity hound" who will say/do anything to get attention and publicity.

If only people knew.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 521

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:05 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's that movie still:

Movie

And of course it's from one
of the Egyptian movies in
which I played a prostitute
and was the only black
person in the entire movie.

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Roxie

Post Number: 176

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well, you can't trust a publication that kept Jayson Blair on the payroll. TV & print news has lost so much integrity, I'd rather get my info from the web,local radio, and yet of best, good ol' word of mouth. Makes me glad I can have direct contact w/ you.
I've seen your video by now, and as long as there's posters like us spreading the truth, your fight won't be so lonely.
:-)

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 524

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:26 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roxie, thanks babe. :-)

You're too sweet. I can't believe I ever scolded you.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 2533

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 02:09 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels, the media you describe is the Fox News network, the mouth piece of conservative Republican, white wing America. I agree with most of what you say but I think you may be attaching too much significance to the "fair" reporting by those presenting the other side of the story. Reporting the facts is a professional stance. On a private level, when the movers and shakers leave their jobs, these people return to the white enclaves where they reside, looking over their shoulders in fear of a black thug following them on their way to catch a taxi that won't even pick up a black fare. And blue collar America still aint ready to do anything more than help disaster victims. Under different circumstances, they, themselves, would be looking for help to ward off the disaster of blacks moving into their neighborhoods.

Nels
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 68

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 02:43 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"attaching too much significance to the "fair" reporting"

Hi Cynique:

I'm well aware of what's going on. Fair reporting is nothing to be scared of. We all know that everyone returns to their safe haven enclaves. That's a fact of life.

Deebaby
Newbie Poster
Username: Deebaby

Post Number: 15

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 03:08 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First Katrina reports were of Black folks' looting and mayhem -vs- Al Gore and Sean Penn's "heroic" efforts

media didn't mention Joe Blow and all the other Black folk that were out there in the storm, sacrificing and risking their own lives to save other Black folks' lives.

Oprah had a Black man on her show who "stole" boats with which he saved 200 lives. He was just one of very, very, many who put his Black ass on the line for women, children and babies.

But, of course, the media attempts to have the world believe that for Black folk Katrina was an opportuntity to rape, rob, and act a damn fool.

And while we're on the media,

I'm also sick of NOT being informed of missing Black women and children, while the nation is alerted to any young white woman or blonde-haired, blue-eyed child who turns up missing and then goes on to have that story dominate the news disregarding any and every thing happening to, and with, Black people.

And

Why is it that every white teen, from those who kill their parents or best friends or neighbor's children to the Columbine murderers,

were "good kids" from "good homes"

(and nobody can figure out what could possibly have gone wrong)

Nel

Curious...

What's the problem with the television program "Moesha"?

Kola,

I figure for the NY Times to give you the time of day, you must be doing something right, moreso if they're attempting to discredit you.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 528

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 03:43 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Deebaby,

The New York Times did a 3 Page story on me.

You know what's HILARIOUS?

FOX NEWS set out to DISCREDIT me as well. They have reporters all over North Africa and Europe...and they spent 2 weeks "fact-checking" my story--calling up EVERYONE who knew me and grilling them as well as checking North Africa.

When it came time for me to appear on the show---they ended up CONFIRMING everything I'd said.

(a) Prince Fabrizio Ruspoli had confirmed that I lived with Bin Laden at his estate for 6 months and "didn't look happy to be there".

(b) Moamar Khadafi's office (that's the President of LIBYA) confirmed that I had once been employed by him and had worked for Mubarak as well as a Palace "party hostess" to augment my income acting in films.

(c) The United Nations report on the fatwa/death threats came out the previous April, so they had info that the N.Y. Times didn't have.

NOW CHECK THIS....even though FOX was forced to "confirm" my entire story---they treated me like shit.

If you ever watch the interview...you'll see they have me turned sideways in a very unflattering position and that they too DARKENED my image by about 5 shades. Before and after the interview--they acted like I a was a LEPER....but they'd spent all that money on Fact-checking and had to present the facts.

THE MEDIA has completely left me alone since then---but they never came back told the public.

And, of course, Connie Chung has NEVER apologized to me for saying that Osama wouldn't be with a "black woman" and that I'm not "pretty enough" for a man of his CLASS to KEEP ME.

If only that cross eyed bitch knew.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 529

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 03:48 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NELS---

you must not have ever watched "MOESHA".

That show was an excellent representation of a middle class Black Married couple raising their children from other marriages together.

Many important issues in the black community were dealt with on that show.

I thought it was exceptionally positive and well done.

My personal belief....is that the ethnic name "Moesha" causes many black people to pre-judge the show's content. I remember many snotty chicks back in the day saying, "Why did they have to call it that? It sounds so ghetto."

Now "The Parkers" is another story. I hated that show.

Deebaby
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 17

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 05:11 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

I'm thinking -

If you were a white woman, would you have been offered millions of dollars for a movie deal?

btw, I liked Moesha too.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 531

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 05:48 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL

Movie deal:

http://www.thumperscorner.com/discus/messages/7242/3029.html?1114254233

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 178

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 07:34 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

--If only that cross eyed bitch knew.--

Kola, think about it. she used to be on ABC(?)evening news w/ the head honchoes, and now she's in the crowded cess pool of cable news. What a step down! LOL!
MADtv makes fun of Chung's professional downfall every week in their sketches. I hope that'll give you some minor pleasure. :-)

Roxie
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 179

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 07:39 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To add: And I'm sure her comment was an indirect venting from her own fustrations. She's probably one of those asians that thinks she's white and had reality handed to her on a platter.

Nels
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 70

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 05:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby, Kola --

I've watched Moesha before. If you haven't yet figured out the premise upon which the show is based, then may God bless you in all the rest of your life's assessments.

Deebaby
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 19

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 10:04 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels,

That's what I was asking.

Would you care to share your knowlege/perspective?

I'm not a got-it-all-figured-out type sista.

What IS the premise upon which the show is based?

Nels
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 72

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:27 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Deebaby --

Adversely, it's not exactly this:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,273|2471|1|,00.html

It's more of a routine assignment of identifiably Black Americans akwardly trying to fit into a mold defined by White American indifference.

Deebaby
Newbie Poster

Post Number: 20

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:47 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels,

The link is coming up "page not found"

As far as "identifiably Black Americans akwardly trying to fit into a mold defined by White American indifference"

Not clear to me (vague).

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Tonya

Post Number: 316

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 11:25 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo, Deebaby? While you at it, ask him what's wrong with "The Jeffersons" too.

LOL!

Tonya

Viqi_french
Regular Poster
Username: Viqi_french

Post Number: 34

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels, your post is right on target. I didn't catch MSNBC's piece about the "food-snatcher," but I did see one about a white officer of some sort with a rescue boat, who intentionally sailed right by God knows how many Black folk, muttering to his "worthy" passengers about not picking up "them n******!"

The story either aired on MSNBC or CNN, but definitely not on Fox. No way in heck Fox would teeter off-message and let that shocking story through.

Viqi French

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 317

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, "The Cosby Show" was probably the most dangerous show for African Americans.

It has white college students thinkig Affirmative Action is unfair.

Remember, they are our future, and along with the new supreme court justices, they can be a huge threat.

Tonya

Viqi_french
Regular Poster
Username: Viqi_french

Post Number: 35

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 11:56 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Dang! Connie Chung said WHAT about you?! I just don't know what to say about that. Well, I have some very specific thoughts about it, but wouldn't post any of it here. Just curious, how did you find out about her comment?

Also, is the Fox News piece you referenced online anywhere? I'd really like to see that. I find it quite disturbing, all this racist crap you've encountered. Gotta tell you though, if I'd been your PR person, I'd have advised against doing ANYTHING with Fox (aka KKK). Didn't you know? Basically, if you've got that "one drop" and you're not Condi or Colin or otherwise in bed with the neo-cons, you get trivialized/criminalized over there.

Remember Steve Biko... We could use an outspoken brother like him in America right now!
image/bmp
Steve Biko in color.bmp (81.4 k)

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 2538

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels, since you are so knowledgeable about the inside dope on such things, what is your take on "Everybody Hates Chris", Chris Rock's new semi-biographical TV show debuting this month. The advance ratings of it have all been positive to the point of being rave reviews. From the previews I've seen of it, the parent figures in this sit-com come across as very stereotypical; particularly the mother who looked to be a latter-day version of Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son. But it seems to me that Chris Rock has always been given carte blanc when it comes to the media; he gets away with so much. I'm thinkin this is because he criticizes his own people as much as he does white folks. His "I love black folks, but I hate niggas" mantra from his first stand-up comedy special seems to have permanently endeared him to The Establishment, undoubtedly he said what white people were secretly thinking.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 319

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 01:05 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels, Chris, Cynnique, Rustang, Yvette, Somebody???

I took a long hiatus from politcs after Bush's re-election, so can somebody answer these questions:

Can the Dems do anything to stop these appointments - or is it too late?

If so, what?

If not, why?

If it's too late, how come?

Thanks,

Tonya

Nels
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 73

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 06:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

+ The link is coming up "page not found" +

Deebaby --

You actually have to cut and paste the whole link:

"http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,273|2471|1|,00.html"

The hyperlink check didn't highlight the entire link when I posted it. The first occurrence of the pipe symbol "|" isn't interpreted by the parser for this particular browser text control.

Nels
Veteran Poster

Post Number: 74

Posted on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 07:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Everybody Hates Chris"

Cynique --

I'd have to spend more time reviewing the show's framework. However, in short and as I've previously said in another thread, it's Chris' self-depricating approach that seems to impede the overall progress of the black comic as a whole. Once an audience has been conditioned, it's very difficult for him to revert to a more "positive" critique of himself and "his people". As a result, the self-esteem rut that he has to repeatedly resort to will eventually engulf his most notable accomplishments.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 563

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 02:31 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Viqi French, you can watch portions of the FOX NEWS interview in this online video about me:

http://doorofkush.50megs.com/about.html

I was booked to be on Connie Chung's CNN program when these comments were made. I refused to allow my son to be on the show (they wanted me to PROVE that he didn't look anything like Osama Bin Laden---because of a NEW YORK POST story intimating that he did----and I refused to let my son be on television, so Connie decided to cancel my booking).

NELS,

#1--You won't believe how many letters and emails I got complaining that the leading man/hero in my novel "Flesh and the Devil" (Shane Roberts) is High Yellow with so called "good hair".

Black women (mostly light ones) said they just couldn't picture him during the love scenes and that they couldn't imagine who'd play him in a movie.

When a major publisher recently asked to read the book, contemplating Paperback rights-----the editor actually asked me if I'd thought about changing the Male Lead to a darker, sexier look to go with his "macho/intellectual" appeal.

#2----I deliberately write LightSkinned Males in my books who are "against type"----I also feature an overwhelming number of deep chocolate/jet black heroines....and STILL have plenty of lightskinned black women and dark chocolate leads in my books.

It's not that hard...to show EVERYBODY.

My new novel "Sexy Part of the Bible" features a charcoal black supermodel as the lead character---but as usual, the story is decidely literary and very political.

Rustang
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Rustang

Post Number: 130

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 06:17 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Tonya:Since I've never been very good at beating around the bush,I guess I'll just state it plainly.America has one political party with two right wings.There is no difference between the objectives of the republicans and those of the democrats.The leaders of both parties all have similar upbringings,went to the same schools,etc..They will present a show of hearings,as if they were actually contemplating something,but in the final analysis,either Roberts will be confirmed or someone very much like him.That is why they are not discussing having the chief justice be a person that has been sitting on the Supreme Court.It seems silly to bring in someone from the outside and have him run the whole show,but here it is.You will also notice that he is very young for a Chief Justice.He will be there for a long time.The bottom line being it doesn't matter if they block the confirmation or not.You can be sure that it will be someone who will help america recover from the last thirty years of civil rights,labor law,health and safety regulation and environmental regulation.The elections are over before the primaries ever start.The super wealthy pick a dozen people that they are ok with and we get to choose which of their puppets we want.It doesn't matter if you vote for tweedle dum or tweedle dee.You will get very similar results.That is why I advocate breaking away from that particular dog and pony show and getting our own candidates.

Tonya
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 340

Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 08:01 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rustang - I kind of knew it was someting like that. I read "Time", "Newsweek" and "The New YORK Times", but I wanted to get the low-down (you know the stuff the media won't tell you) so thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Kola, your video was very revealing, but the things that surprised me most was the fact that you have an accent and you're soft spoken. I guess I expected you to sound militant or like a female malcolm X (Probably spelled his name wrong). Of course I agree with most of what you said, but I especially agree that you are waaaay prettier than Connie Chung and Monica Lowinsky (probably spelled her name wrong too).

Tonya

Deebaby
Regular Poster

Post Number: 26

Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:58 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Roxie wrote:

"...she used to be on ABC(?)evening news w/ the head honchoes, and now she's in the crowded cess pool of cable news. What a step down! LOL!
MADtv makes fun of Chung's professional downfall every week in their sketches. I hope that'll give you some minor pleasure."

Is that Maury Povich's wife? -

The guy with the show about cheating partners, tranvestites and all the paternity testing?

That muhflucker fell off big time too from his earlier career days

although he has two shows on a day
(horrible though they may be) .

Deebaby
Regular Poster

Post Number: 27

Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 06:59 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nels,

I still don't get what's wrong with Moesha.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com