~...Im too sexy for myself, so sexy... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » Culture, Race & Economy - Archive 2005 » ~...Im too sexy for myself, so sexy, it hurts.~ « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Abm

Post Number: 2289

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Apparently the federal courts were unconvinced that Ms. Desiree Im too sexy for you nerds! Goodwin was wronged by Harvard University. The university has been acquitted of Goodwins charges that she was unfairly denied promotions because she was viewed as having her assistant librarian job only via the product of her being a pretty girl.

I have NO IDEA whether this sistah was wronged. But I wonder whether her counsel asked the following during the trial:

Assuming Ms. Goodwin meets the prescribed educational and skill set for higher level jobs at Harvard, what other reason exists for her NOT being promoted in over 10 years as assistant librarian OTHER than there being SOME form of unfair/improper bias against her?

Also, I recall reading the results of a study that suggests that while especially attractive men enjoy an advantage in the business community, beautiful women are given less consideration than their less fetching counterparts.

Libralind2
Regular Poster
Username: Libralind2

Post Number: 29

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 01:46 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We need pictures..Im going to see if I can find one of her..LOL

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2305

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 01:55 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LiLi,

I've seen her pic. She's aight. But she ain't not Saana Lathan or N'Bushe Wright (YUM!).

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 126

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 01:58 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOOOOL

Now you know ABM put N'Bushe Wright's name BECAUSE OF ME.

Girl, I been on that man so hard for the last few years, now he's writing with a "colorism-conscious" mindset. Always quick to add the dark nappiest girl since he KNOWS Kola will be reading it.

LOOOOOOL

I can't stop cracking up.

He's sooooo sweet.

That's my ABM.

Libralind2
Regular Poster

Post Number: 32

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 02:01 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

rofllll I like LiLi by the way ABM
:::grin::: Kola Im skuird of you and ABM's..ummmmm whateva ya'll call it..LOL

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2310

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 02:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kola,

Haha!

That's not true. I've always LOVED N'Bushe, ever since I saw her in Zebrahead over 10 years ago. I just hadn't learned her name until recently.

N'Bushe was FIONER than a MOFO in Blade (which, btw, also included the luscious Sanna Lathan).

No need to be skurd, LiLi. We won't bite you (unless you ask nicely).

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 130

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 02:44 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Libra. Don't be scared of us, we're very kind and sweet.

That bit of nastiness between me and Cynique goes back YEARS and YEARS.

She's actually my mother, you know, but she won't admitt it online.

Now can ONLY ABM call you Lili

...or can all of us?

However you prefer is fine with me.

ABM:

I love that movie "BLADE" so much. That is one of my all time favorite movies. I just loved it---especially the sexy part where Blade has to suck all the blood out of N'Bushe to regain his own potency. BRILLIANT.

My only complaint was that N'Bushe's character was acting kind of "stupid" in the middle of the movie---not listening to him and all. I wanted to slap her.

Abm
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 2312

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 02:53 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LiLi,

The Kola vs. Cynique has taken on a Cain & Abel status. Most of the rest of us just kinda hide in a corner and hopes it eventually blows over.

Hope you don't mind the moniker change. Where I come from EVERYBODY get's a nickname.

Kola,

Yeah. Blade I was TIGHT. The strength of the movie was the relationship between this charismatic BLACK couple. To bad Snipes and Blade's other producers don't realize that. Because Blade II was pretty much a dud. And I haven't even seen the last one.

Kola says: "My only complaint was that N'Bushe's character was acting kind of "stupid" in the middle of the movie---not listening to him and all."

ABM says: That's sort of a real, common thing between between Black men and women who are stressful situations. Hehe!

Libralind2
Regular Poster

Post Number: 33

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 03:55 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LiLi works for me Kola and ABM. I didnt care for Blade but A vs P ( Alien ) whew..now that shyet was GOOD. I hope when they bring Minion to the screen they dont mess it up as I think if well done that series could be awesome. LA Banks has some excellent themes in those books. Blade seemed juvenile in comparison the 10 seconds I watched. My view of course.
LiLi ::grin::

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 2102

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 05:32 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I plead innocent to being in any shape, fashion, or form being related to Kola Boof. Our feud does not date back years and years but has only about a 3-year duration. Why she tries to claim me I don't know. I have 2 daughters and 2 daughters-in-law and I don't need another one. Nuff said.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com