Chris Rock Out as Oscar Host? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » Culture, Race & Economy - Archive 2005 » Chris Rock Out as Oscar Host? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Chrishayden

Post Number: 990

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 10:12 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN FEB 13, 2005 21:06:25 ET XXXXX

HOST CHRIS ROCK SHOCK: ONLY GAYS WATCH OSCARS

ACADEMY MEMBERS ALARMED OVER CHOICE OF COMIC

**Exclusive**

Veteran members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have grown concerned over the choice of Chris Rock as host of this month's awards show, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Concern deepened after Rock claimed only gays watch the Oscars!

"I never watched the Oscars. Come on, it's a fashion show," Rock recently declared.

"What straight black man sits there and watches the Oscars? Show me one!"

Rock added: "Awards for art are f---ing idiotic."

MORE

Academy members have privately called for Chris Rock to be removed as host, sources claim, fearing Rock may "tarnish" the reputation of the Academy.

"Simply put, this is a disgrace," one veteran Hollywood mogul, who asked not to be identified, said from Los Angeles.

"This guy is out there saying 'awards for art are f---ing idiotic' and he is hosting the show produced by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences? I guess the joke is on us!"

One nominated actress questions whether producer Gil Cates was even aware that Rock has "never watched the Oscars."

Other unpublicized comments made by Rock threaten to throw the scheduled Feb. 27 broadcast into complete chaos.

During a recent hate-filled rant, Rock imitated a White House press briefing:

"Mr. President, what about gay marriage? 'F**k them faggots,'" Rock said of Bush.

What will Rock be wearing to the show?

"Nothing against people who aren't straight, but what straight guy that you know cares? Who gives a f---?" Rock explained.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2005
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Bleekindigo
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Bleekindigo

Post Number: 209

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 04:39 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

During a recent hate-filled rant, Rock imitated a White House press briefing:

"Mr. President, what about gay marriage? 'F**k them faggots,'" Rock said of Bush.

This is funny. They called it a "hate-filled rant" as if it was Rock's personal feeling toward gay marriage. The lines above are from Rocks last stand-up show "I Ain't Never Scared" and he was commenting on Bush's response to questions where gay marriage are concerned (Comedically). Interesting how they've remixed it into something else. AND IT WASN'T EVEN ALL THAT RECENT!!! TSK! (Me sucking my teeth.)

Bleek-

Carey
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Carey

Post Number: 445

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 04:40 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks BlingBling, something wasn't sitting well with me as I was reading the original post. Now that's how shit gets started. someone misquots another and the unsuspected runs with it adding their own magic phrases. Good looking out. Chris Rock is alright with me, my son can't stand him, he makes me laugh (both of them).

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 992

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 10:35 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris Rocks On:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX MON FEB 14, 2005 16:07:09 ET XXXXX

OSCAR HOST CHRIS ROCK SHOCK: ABORTION IN AMERICA IS 'BEAUTIFUL'

Shock Oscar host Chris Rock recently declared that abortion in the United States is a "beautiful thing!"

"Abortion, it's beautiful, it's beautiful abortion is legal. I love going to an abortion rally to pick up women, cause you know they are f**king," Rock said during his club routine.

Veteran members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have grown concerned over the choice of Chris Rock to represent the Academy before a worldwide audience, well-placed insiders claim.

"This is not who we are," said one top source from Los Angeles.

ROCK'S 35 F-WORDS A MINUTE

Oscar Telecast Producer Gil Cates has tapped Rock to pump up the ratings, but not all member are convinced the controversial Rock will entertain and inspire the audience.

During a recent rant, Rock blasted heartland Americans.

"Weird white guys getting overly patriotic, with their f**king flag hats on," Rock said.

"I am not scared of al Qaeda, I am scare of f**king al Cracker."

One audio recording captures Rock firing off more than 35 F-words per minute!

In the past few weeks, Rock has directed his attention at the Academy awards.

In an interview with ENTERTIANMENT WEEKLY, Rock claimed: "I never watched the Oscars. Come on, it's a fashion show. What straight black man sits there and watches the Oscars? Show me one!"

Rock added: "Awards for art are f---ing idiotic."

Producer Gil Cates said in a press release late Monday:

"Chris's comments over the past few weeks are meant to be humorous digs at a show that some people, obviously including Chris himself, think may be a bit too stuffy."

Rock late Monday said the comments were taken out of context.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2005
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 1965

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 02:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I heard yesterday on either "Access Hollywood" or "Entertainment Tonight" that the Academy issued a statement saying they had no intentions of replacing Chris Rock. But I do think Chris is a bad choice to emcee something so mainstream as the Oscars. He's out of his element. He'll be an iconclast in the midst icons. No wonder there will be a 2-minute tape delay on the show.

Bleekindigo
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 210

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 05:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, the comments were definitely taken out of context.

During a recent rant, Rock blasted heartland Americans.
"Weird white guys getting overly patriotic, with their f**king flag hats on," Rock said.
"I am not scared of al Qaeda, I am scare of f**king al Cracker."

Again, the above was not taken from a recent rant! It too was taken from his last stand up appearance!

I love Chris. He is intelligent and he's funny! Which means that not only does he stimulate me mentally, but he also stimulates my funny bone!! And, he ain't too bad lookin' these days either. He dun come a long way from his Pookie and (how much is 1 rib?) days!!

Go head on Chris!!

Somehow though Cyn-I agree with you. He seems so out of his element hosting the Oscars! He's capable, I just don't know if they are worth him.

Sides' Dem Jes Jokes!!!!

Yvettep
Newbie Poster
Username: Yvettep

Post Number: 14

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 06:57 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just don't understand all this hub-bub. Those folks really must be uptight. It's not as if Rock is, say Paul Mooney or Dave Chapelle (spl?). (Oh, can you imagine! Now that's be an event! My side starts hurting just thinking about Chappelle's Wayne Brady skit!)

Part of me thinks this whole thing is a ploy--maybe they're just hoping all the "controversy" gets folks to tune in to the marathon yawn--I mean, event.

Whatever, tho--they can can him if they want--but at this point I'm sure they'd still have to cut Chris his "f*&%@^#" check!

Carey
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 449

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 01:40 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Vet Rep, that was some good thinking! Talkin' about images, thanks.

Carey

btw, Blingbling, you be coming straight, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with you. Now don't any of you be gettin' it all twisted. You know, coffee and conversation. A long black as they call it in Australia. Have any of you ever been to Australia? A lovely yet in parts a racist place. But hell, where might that "other" place be?

Carey
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 450

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 01:45 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, calling out to my long friend. What's up, why has the flow stopped????? Is life that grand that you've forgotten about me and our talks that boths used to look forward to. Tell me, how are you today? My number is still the same, my heart is still yours. I know I know, yet I miss you!

Thumper
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Thumper

Post Number: 350

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 10:00 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All,

Truthfully, Chris Rock is EXACTLY what the Oscar telecast needs! I hope that Rock is himself and not try to jump uptown on us. Hell, I might even watch the show, now that they will not televised all of those boring awards that nobody outside of a art film theater ever see.

Carey
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 451

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 10:31 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello

I will watch it, I always have. You know, sometimes it's good to just sit down and slow down. Yeah, it's boring at times but learning how to deal with things that may be boring to you but important to others can be useful. A friend and I used to look at it as a special night. We would match wits on everything from couples staying togethers to of course the winners of the oscar. I miss those days and that person. I'll watch them again and I don't care if Popeye is the MC, I surely will.

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 994

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I won't watch it even under threat of death. I will watch the news later that night or get a paper and find out what miscarriages of justice have been committed.

I don't think they want to kick Chris Rock off the Oscars--the bucktoothed scumbag!

They just want to make sure that he doesn't commit any verbal "wardrobe malfunctions" if you know what I mean.

I bet he's a safe as Jack Benny.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 1966

Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 02:37 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll be watching the Academy Awards show because I love the spontaneity and unpredictibility of live television. I can't resist the chance see a bunch of celebrities prove how unworthy they are of their idol status.
As for ol Chris Rock, I like him and I hope he embarrasses everyone, including himself.

Bleekindigo
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 211

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 01:50 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aw Shucks Carey!!! That was a nice thing to say.

I'll be watching the Oscars. I only watch when I need to. I needed to watch the year that as Denzel said they "killed 3 birds with 1 stone" and this year I just have to see what actor/actress they find more "worthy" of an Oscar than Jamiee Foxx. If they should at all. And then, of course, there is Chris Rock!!

Scandalous!

Bleek-

Chrishayden
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 999

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 05:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like it will be another long, boring night

CHRIS ROCK VOWS TO KEEP THE CURSES OUT OF OSCARS
Thurs Feb 17 2005 13:22:11 ET

Foul-mouthed comic Chris Rock says he can stop cursing long enough to host the Oscars, but he'll welcome ABC's time delay broadcast as "safety net," he tells Ed Bradley. Rock talks to Bradley for a 60 MINUTES segment to be broadcast Sunday, Feb. 20 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"I've been on TV and not cursed before," he tells Bradley. "I've been on TV and been funny not cursing. As far as content is concerned, I will talk about the movies. I'm not really worried about it. I'm sure ABC might be more worried about it than me," says Rock.

ABC is concerned and will use a broadcast delay to allow censors to bleep out any offensive words, and that's fine with Rock. "[A time delay is] a safety net. You know, you're a trapeze artist...you welcome the net," he tells Bradley.

Developing...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com