Amitenejah Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Email This Page

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

AALBC.com's Thumper's Corner Discussion Board » Culture, Race & Economy - Archive 2005 » Amitenejah « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Kola_boof

Post Number: 533

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 03:22 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Amitenejah

You may have noticed that THUMPER removed the link/commentary that you made about my novel "Flesh and the Devil" from YOUR THREAD on his side of the board.

A week earlier, he removed congratulatory comments that I wrote to Kathleen Cross on the thread about her book being optioned.

This is the reason that many people here are NOT PARTICIPATING in your call for folks to review Thumper's Corner.

CENSORSHIP and "bullying" are tools that he uses in his despotic jealousy and his immature insecurity.

He thinks that by "silencing"..."erasing"...and "Barring" people he doesn't like from having opinions... that he is being justified or even remotely professional.

You should take note.

CENSORSHIP...no matter how you try to justify it....is WRONG.

And long before I EVER came to this board or even knew of Thumper---he REFUSED to "review" my book and had already made attackful comments towards me, which just goes to show what type of ignorance you're dealing with.

I have cursed out and confronted MANY in my life....but have never sought to silence an opinion that was against mines or to CENSOR or BAR people from existence.

Linda
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Linda

Post Number: 91

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 01:20 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excuse me Kola

Is that not a review for Long train that is on our site and has been for quite a while? Didn't it win as the best seller here? Or, is it the fact that it was not reviewed by Thumper that makes you fume? I for one would like to see this ignorant tit-for-tat put to rest so that we as a group can move on to new and better discussions for 2005, something pleasant like...how is Flesh doing right now....are you sending one in for review...or have you sent one to Troy to pass on to us for consideration? Come on...lighten up...didn't I just congratulate you on letting go of some of the anger? I know--some habits die hard...but try! LOL

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 535

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 03:56 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Linda,

I'm not having any little tit for tat with Thumper----HE----is the one who is deleting not only my posts in 2005, but deleting OTHER PEOPLES POSTS, when my name/book is mentioned.

Seriously, too much good is happening to me right now for me to be FUMING at anybody. LOL

I simply mentioned the incident with "Long Train" to show that before we EVER MET or knew anything about each other---he had it in for me from the git go. Years ago, he made it clear that it had something to do with me being AFRICAN.

He has actually written that when THOMAS used to post here--long before I got here, sister.

If you ask TROY...he will tell you that I wrote to him praising Thumper's talent and suggesting ways that he could PUBLICIZE Thumper. I even sent TROY the name and number of my PR Firm in New York to publicize Thumper--that was about 7 months ago.

Yes, we sent TROY review copies of FLESH (as well as 12 FREE autographed copies) nearly a year ago--it hasn't been reviewed.

By the way...I won 4 N.Y. Hotep Society Book Awards and many other authors here also won--congrats Brandon Massey and ZANE on your wins:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/listmania/list-browse/-/1FDKHT51LHI1A/ref=c m_lm_dp_m_3/102-0616986-2626514

I'm still trying to find out exactly who this society is (it's a Book Club in Manhattan--but WHO are the members and other details? Does anybody know???)

My note to Amitenejah was to make her/him aware of the fact that NOT EVERYONE here likes Thumper--for their own reasons, and that this is the reason that many aren't taking the time to review THUMPERS CORNER.

I've always plugged and hyped aalbc.com and will continue to do so.

I'm not "angry" at THumper or anyone else here, but the fact is....several people, at different times, have been "bannished", called out and in my case--totally BANNED for more than a year alltogether--and to SOME PEOPLE, that's not cute--it's just a negro version of BUSH-ism, Patriot Act--the same immature, childish, Non-adult Non-Professional STUFF.

I definitely let it go long ago. But many people discuss the issue AWAY from the boards...he has his supporters and I have mines.

Kola_boof
"Cyniquian" Level Poster

Post Number: 536

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 04:15 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I forgot to congratulate Colin Channer who I see also won 2 awards.

Great going.

Cynique
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Cynique

Post Number: 1932

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 06:02 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just for the record, the reason I, personally, haven't reviewed Thumper's Corner or any books is because I do not consider myself a reviewer and I'm too lazy to start becoming one. I also do not fall in line with other people's agendas even if they do have good intentions because good intentions aint' never been one of my priorities seeing as how having bad ones is always much more fun. heh-heh. Which is to say that Amitenejah just pops up from out of nowhere and instructs everybody to write reviews. Why, I don't know. Does Thumper's Corner really need the publicity?? And, as usual, Kola is playing the victim. Yawnnnnnnn. Maybe Thumper is just tired of her commandeering the board for her own purposes.

Linda
AALBC .com Platinum Poster
Username: Linda

Post Number: 93

Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 08:33 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hear you Cynique and I concer and I hear you as well Kola. But just once couldn't we get around all this who likes who and find something else to talk about. Geez, it just sucks to much energy rehashing the same $it$ over and over.

Jmho
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Jmho

Post Number: 103

Posted on Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 11:45 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Linda wrote:
But just once couldn't we get around all this who likes who and find something else to talk about. Geez, it just sucks to much energy rehashing the same $it$ over and over.

Amen. We should make this site a no whine zone. I have no idea why some folks have invested so much, in so little.

Carey
"Cyniquian" Level Poster
Username: Carey

Post Number: 422

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 11:27 pm:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I concur Linda and Jmho.....hi Linda, hi Jmho.

It's sad in several ways. Those that care to, know the real Thumper, he is not any of those negative things written about him. My heart goes out to him. He puts some much time and energy into making this place the wonderful site that it is and has been for SEVERAL years. Really, we all know that without Thumper this house is not a home. Thumper built this house back in the 90's when he was simply a poster just like you and I. His passion, his love of books and the arts has enabled us to meet each other and talk about that which we love, books and storytelling. It's a fact that some of us may not get along but we are or should be muture enough to get around that and not make it a focus point. I really mean this, what purpose does it serve to knock the man and indirectly the site. At times I just shake my head and wonder why. Like Cyn-Cyn said, people didn't run to the "review" thang for various reasons and I doubt it had anything to do with the man that has built this site, it makes no sense and it saddens me.

Carey

Carey

Amitenejah
Veteran Poster
Username: Amitenejah

Post Number: 52

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 01:53 am:   Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Kola:

First I'm sorry for not noticing this post, I only limited my posting and viewing to one part of the board (AALit), apparently it was predestined for me to see this because it was totally by accident and not even by way of thumperscorner.com.

Secondly, I’m sorry for not noticing that your entry was deleted for my original post.

Nevertheless, given the following statement: “My note to Amitenejah was to make her/him aware of the fact that NOT EVERYONE here likes Thumper--for their own reasons, and that this is the reason that many aren't taking the time to review THUMPERS CORNER.” I guess that would explain a few things.

Kola said: “By the way...I won 4 N.Y. Hotep Society Book Awards”

Thirdly, Congratulations.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Advertise | Chat | Books | Fun Stuff | About AALBC.com | Authors | Getting on the AALBC | Reviews | Writer's Resources | Events | Send us Feedback | Privacy Policy | Sign up for our Email Newsletter | Buy Any Book (advanced book search)

Copyright © 1997-2008 AALBC.com - http://aalbc.com